Traitor

I dont' know yet, but i'm doubting Talia...

And even tho, it was obvious that neither Duncan nor Royland were traitors because they can both be your sentinels, people were 100% sure with all their hearts that it was Duncan...

Even if he has no motives other than safety, if he was traitor it means he is more loyal to Whitehills than Rodrik...

:P

nope... Not a traitor.

Comments

• The mother... She killed ALL the ravens so that when Ramsay arrived we couldn't call for help!

• It could be anyone at this point, really. The mother, Royland, Duncan, the Maester...you could bring up arguments for each individual. Still, if i had to guess, i'd go for the Maester.

• The Forresters have no one to call anyway though.

• edited May 2015

have to dissapoint you, Royland throws axe with the same expression and animation. this option has been made only to show consequenses of a suicidal ''attack'' choice

• Oddly enough, her ordering the ravens killed removed my doubts of her loyalty. It was the smartest call to make, make sure no one knows we have Gryff.

Also, the 'next time' suggests the traitor is a he, which leaves Royland, Duncan, and the Maester. I suspect it is the Maester, the beating was TellTale's way of reducing our likelihood of suspecting him, but it seems likely that Gryf wouldn't even know who the spy was, and could not know of the Maester's complicity with the Whitehills.

• edited May 2015

It's Rodrik!

• Wouldnt be cool if traitor was determinant according of your choices? I think that it is possiblity becuase in my playthrough I cant imagine anybody who could be traitor. Basically there are two options first traitor is determinant and second there will be giant deux ex machina traitor.

• this option has been made only to show consequenses of a suicidal ''attack'' choice

thats true... meaning if it was canon for Rodrik to order the attack, your loyal sentinel Duncan/Royland would die for you and be willing to kill the Lord of the Whitehills, thus making neither of them traitors...

Istibul posted: »

have to dissapoint you, Royland throws axe with the same expression and animation. this option has been made only to show consequenses of a suicidal ''attack'' choice

• it would be cool, it would also show that some choices are a bit bigger and more important...

Maybe whoever is NOT your sentinel... although I wouldn't really like the idea of either of the being traitor...

Wouldnt be cool if traitor was determinant according of your choices? I think that it is possiblity becuase in my playthrough I cant imagine

• edited May 2015

I think it's Duncan. I've read this theory somewhere else and i think it makes the most sense. First of all, it can't be the mother. Rodrick, in the teaser for ep. 5, can be seen saying: 'I can't believe i trusted him'. I think this refers to the traitor within the Small Council. Because he refers to this person as 'him', it can't be his mother. That means there are three possible suspects left: Duncan, Royland and the Maester.

First up, the Maester. Let me start off by saying i don't think it's him. Why? Well, it'd be pretty obvious, too obvious i think. He's the person we least know about, he's the shadiest of the bunch and nobody seems to trust him, but i really don't think it's him. Tell me, what could he possibly gain from ratting out his family? Nothing. We know from the Codex that he wanted to become a Maester to House Arryn. When Jon Arryn was abruptly murdered he was sent to Ironrath by the Citadel. Though a lesser known House, the Maester learned to respect House Forrester's honor and integrity. But would that drive him to rat out the House? No, it wouldn't be relevant either.

Second up, Ser Royland. Reading his Codex, we can learn that Ser Royland became a soldier of House Forrester after his family was raped and murdered by the Ironborn. He then fought at Sea Dragon Point where he managed to put a dozen Greyjoy longships to flames with the Ironborn still on the ships. He was then given a battalion to lead and eventually rose to become Ironrath's Master-at-Arms and was awarded knighthood by Robert Baratheon. The Greyjoy Rebellion ended in 289 AL and Tyrion's trial (that's where we're roughly at right now) was held at 300 AL. That means he has known Lord Forrester for at least a decade or so. Lord Forrester seems to have trusted him and there was mutual respect so i don't think it was Royland. Furthermore, Royland is known for his wild temper and i believe even the Whitehills would deem him too unpredictable.

That means we're left with Duncan. Let me start off by saying i don't think he has bad intentions to the House. He has known Lord Forrester for a long time and Lord Forrester was the one who told Gared to inform Duncan of the North Grove and only Duncan. The Maester wasn't supposed to know, Royland wasn't supposed to know and he even kept it a secret from his wife. Why would Lord Forrester trust a secret like that to him if he didn't trust him? Furthermore, Duncan invested a lot of time ensuring the Grove wouldn't be lost. He sent his only family (Gared) to the Wall, instructing him to become a Ranger, desert the Night's Watch (knowing it'd be his death) and travel North of the Wall to the North Grove. Why would he do that if he only meant harm to the House? I think he sold information to the Whitehills to keep them busy and this way he was buying as much time as possible for Gared to find the North Grove.

I think that when Rodrick finds out, he'll have the option to punish Duncan for his deeds or forgive him knowing he did what he had to do to save House Forrester from annihilation.

Just my two cents.

• lmao

Gapaot posted: »

It's Rodrik!

• edited May 2015

If Duncan or Royland were the traitors why would they be willing to throw an axe at Whitehill's face?

Regardless of who's picked as sentinel, both are willing to die for the Forresters.

At this point it pretty much comes down to a single suspect, the Maester.

• Too bad telltale doesn't do big consequential choices.

it would be cool, it would also show that some choices are a bit bigger and more important... Maybe whoever is NOT your sentinel... although I wouldn't really like the idea of either of the being traitor...

• don't forget the mother!!

FishySticks posted: »

If Duncan or Royland were the traitors why would they be willing to throw an axe at Whitehill's face? Regardless of who's picked as senti

• Who knows, now I really dont think its the Maester because he was getting beaten up, and Royland and Duncan can both kill Lord Whitehill during that scene.

• It has to be the maestor, No one in the story ever seems to suspect him, they had him be beaten up. It being obvious to an outside view isnt that bad. No one else really makes sense. Duncan and Royland it would more or less be impossible after this episode and the mother has never made much sense at all given how much she hates the whitehills. I mean even with Gywn she can barely hold back her aggression

• In the preview Rodrik says "him"...

don't forget the mother!!

• I think it's Duncan. Or the maester

I think I'll put my money on Duncan

• Agreed. Plus you think the Whitehills wouldn't beat up their own guy? Of course they would. The maester getting beaten by Gryff doesn't prove him innocent in the slightest.

It has to be the maestor, No one in the story ever seems to suspect him, they had him be beaten up. It being obvious to an outside view isnt

• "Mother" ...that's a nice parallel to the Red Wedding.

• You are forgetting that Rodrik said: "i can't believe i trusted HIM", so... can't be mother or Talia. It's stupid idea anyway. I think it's Duncan or Maester...

• I honestly think it's the maester.

But I've been considering, are we sure it's someone in the council. Sure Gwyn thinks so but she didn't know who it was how could she be sure? It'd have to be someone they trusted but wasn't on the council. Admittedly it's a bit far fetched, but it was just a possibility that came to mind.

It'd be a pretty cool twist.

• I agree.

Gryff may not even have known.

It has to be the maestor, No one in the story ever seems to suspect him, they had him be beaten up. It being obvious to an outside view isnt

• According to telltale's way to releaseing previews, that doesnt mean anything. I remember once we got a preview from either TWD or this GOT for the next episode, and half of that didnt even showed up in the next ep:o

In the preview Rodrik says "him"...

• edited May 2015

Why would Duncan be so persistent that Gared find the north grove for the good of house Forrester if he were to betray them to the Whitehills?

If thats the truth than Gareds whole storyline will be void or be for the Whitehills.

Imo Royland and Duncan are too easy to be the traitor. The choice would have to be more shocking/alarming. Like the deserter whose fingers were cut, or something seemingly small like that

I'm reminded of a certain choice in walking dead season 1 where everyone was guessing who kidnapped Clem

• Especially after Gwyn told said that one of her brothers is in Citadel. Plus I kinda notice one of her brother also looked like the maester. Or maybe it's just me.

FishySticks posted: »

If Duncan or Royland were the traitors why would they be willing to throw an axe at Whitehill's face? Regardless of who's picked as senti

• And the crossbows, first thing that came to mind was Red Wedding.

MsDanceALot posted: »

"Mother" ...that's a nice parallel to the Red Wedding.

• The mother wouldn't be a malicious traitor. She'd only do it if it was to save her children, and would still hate Ludd. It would be blackmail rather than betrayal.

Thus if it could still be the mother, it could still be Royland or Duncan.

don't forget the mother!!

• It has to be someone on the council because the traitor knows whether you chose to go after Ryon or Gryff, and only council members were present.

PigeonPie posted: »

I honestly think it's the maester. But I've been considering, are we sure it's someone in the council. Sure Gwyn thinks so but she didn't

• I still think it's the mother

• The "him" in the previews may refer to something entirely different. Yes it could apply to the traitor, but I believe it may also be possible that it could to apply to a few other options:
    1. Asher
    2. Quiver
    3. Ludd

Now to explain each

It could refer to Asher because as far as Rodrick knows Asher is coming home with an army of sellswords (because that is what his mom told him). Dany could have not kept on her "reward" and Asher could be coming back empty handed or not at all. Rodrick trusted him to help with his plan but now it all fell apart

Quiver could have abandoned The Forrester's once he saw Ramsay coming and either recalled his men (if you left them at Ironrath) or fled himself abandoning Talia. Rodrick trusted him to keep his home safe and that his men were at his command

Rodrick trusted Ludd to not harm Ryon after leaving High Point in exchange for the safe return of Gryff. Ryon could be either killed, or severely hurt, or the he could take back the deal completely now that Ramsay is in the picture

No matter what, there is no disputing the "him" part. I just don't think it has to completely refer to the traitor. I think that's what the game wants us to think

• edited May 2015

I really don't think it's Lady Forrester anymore. For me I think it's most likely to be, in order of likeliness:

1. Ortengryn
    2. Duncan
    3. Royland
  • I tend to think it is the Maester. What tickled me was the conversation with Ludd's daughter when she said one of her brothers went to the Citadel. Could it possibly be the Maester? They don't carry their family's name, but that doesn't meant they forget their loyalties.

Gryff was young too and may not actually remember him.

• I don't think he's talking about the traitor. I think he says that about Ludd. Learning that he's hiring sell swords to attack Ironwrath.

brbsmoking posted: »

You are forgetting that Rodrik said: "i can't believe i trusted HIM", so... can't be mother or Talia. It's stupid idea anyway. I think it's Duncan or Maester...

• The choice for traitor is from a small group of people. Duncan, Royland, The Maester, and Lady Forrester. They were the only ones privy to the plan to rescue Ryon/attack Gryff in the last episode but that information was passed to the Whitehills.

In the "next time on Game of Thrones".. Rodrik makes a point of saying he shouldn't have trusted 'him' which rules out Lady Forrester. Duncan has his agenda of finding the North Grove. Royland hates the Whitehills with a passion.

I, personally, suspect the Maester.. he seems loyal enough but he's the only one I can't reasonably say isn't the traitor.

Why would Duncan be so persistent that Gared find the north grove for the good of house Forrester if he were to betray them to the Whitehill

• Rodrik: so that during the proceedings he would not be aware of the attack on the castle in order to save Talia?

Green613 posted: »

The Forresters have no one to call anyway though.

• For all we know "him" in the preview could be the little Glenmore brother or it could be Ludd. There's no guarantee it's the traitor on the council

Sign in to comment in this discussion.