Finn is good determinant character, without actually being determinant.

He participated in conversations as much as Gared and Cotter did,he fought the wildlings and actually saved Gared.It felt like he was supposed to be there, regardless of your choices...Of course we only saw Gared's story for about 20-30 minutes, so maybe that's why he got so much screentime...

Tell me what you guys think...

Comments

• Until he dies ;-;

• SaveNick didn't work, but SaveFinn will..........not............

Yaya1314 posted: »

Usually, determinant characters don't last for long. With Finn, you're right, it felt like he belonged with the group 150./· Finn is really beginning to grow on me. I hope he lasts.

• Usually, determinant characters don't last for long. With Finn, you're right, it felt like he belonged with the group 150./· Finn is really beginning to grow on me. I hope he lasts.

• I think it works better because he's only in the game for Gared's story, which like you said was about 30 minutes this episode.

• I hate him, didn't miss him at all in episode 4.

• Alt text

I hate him, didn't miss him at all in episode 4.

• He can actually die?

• This episode? No, but you can leave him at the wall...Where he'll probably be accused of letting Cotter and Gared escape and possibly be executed....Oh

Alt text

Nonoru posted: »

He can actually die?

• NevaForget

This episode? No, but you can leave him at the wall...Where he'll probably be accused of letting Cotter and Gared escape and possibly be executed....Oh

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Or you don't meet him at all, and he most likely won't end up being executed.

This episode? No, but you can leave him at the wall...Where he'll probably be accused of letting Cotter and Gared escape and possibly be executed....Oh

Yeah, if you don't sell out Cotter in episode 2 and don't make up with Finn in episode 3 he's angry with you and accuses you of attacking Britt first, he doesn't show up after the escape and Gared and Cotter leave.

You don't have to meet him?

• You don't have to meet him?

dojo32161 posted: »

Or you don't meet him at all, and he most likely won't end up being executed.

• Yeah, if you're an asshole to him in Ep. 3, he won't be there.

You don't have to meet him?

• is the first choice on the stats screen any different?

Yeah, if you don't sell out Cotter in episode 2 and don't make up with Finn in episode 3 he's angry with you and accuses you of attacking Britt first, he doesn't show up after the escape and Gared and Cotter leave.

• Wow, thats actually pretty cool. Thanks for the info

Yeah it says "You and ____% of players didn't encounter Finn".

Yeah it says "You and ____% of players didn't encounter Finn".

is the first choice on the stats screen any different?

• edited May 2015

To me, Episode 4 seemed thats how every Telltale game should be. There were so many choices and differences that are possible, it seems I'm going to need the play more than twice to get everything. If Telltale keeps this up, I can't wait for TWDG S3

• edited May 2015

I sucked up my pride and told Finn we were going to have to get along in an earlier episode, and surprisingly he was pretty cool after that. Now I actually quite like him, so I was pleased that the game didn't make you choose between him and Cotter (at least, not yet!). I'm hoping Finn ends up trusting Cotter, too, because I like having both my Crow bros with me. Potato Fuckers FTW.

• My game bugged out, In my playthrough Gared was friends with both FInn and Cotter but when the scene before the wildling encounter starts Gared starts making fun of him for asking for the map instead of stealing it, I was like wtf? then the mouths stop moving

I hope it was just an oversight and something that doesn't carry over. I liked Gared having both of their good sides but i guess from a Telltale writer standpoint it'd be hard to insert drama/tension

• Well he's determinate so he will ethier die next episode or he is going to appear next episode no matter what choice you made in this episode.

• Crows before hoes

nursethalia posted: »

I sucked up my pride and told Finn we were going to have to get along in an earlier episode, and surprisingly he was pretty cool after that.

• That's not a bug Gared is still pissed about Cotter stealing the map it doesn't mean they aren't friends. The mouths not moving always happens at that part but it's only like 4 seconds so it's not that much of an issue.

My game bugged out, In my playthrough Gared was friends with both FInn and Cotter but when the scene before the wildling encounter starts Ga

• Oh yeah, it felt like Finn really belonged there. Telltale did a really good job this time. Let's hope he won't become invisible next episode and won't die off screen.

Yeah, I'm still not over Nick.

• But he is right about the mouths thing, that was most definitely a bug.

AgentZ46 posted: »

That's not a bug Gared is still pissed about Cotter stealing the map it doesn't mean they aren't friends. The mouths not moving always happens at that part but it's only like 4 seconds so it's not that much of an issue.

• I like both Finn and Cotter, but I also think both are going to die while north of the Wall. You know at some point the group is going to run into White Walkers.

I'd bet on only Gared and the Wildling girl introduced at the end of the episode surviving. Gared will be the only Night's Watchmen left and she'll probably end up guiding you into an encounter with Mance Rayder and his wildling army.

• That's a shame, considering I actually agree with you...

Scaeva posted: »

I like both Finn and Cotter, but I also think both are going to die while north of the Wall. You know at some point the group is going to ru

• Finn is probably going to disappear or die, since we had several options regarding him. H'll either die to the White Walkers or to the Wildlings who attacked you in ep. 4
    About cotter...we never really got any choice regrding him so far. My guess is that he either lives and runs away, or gets killed by the white walkers and becomes a wight

• On that note I wonder if Cotter will end up dying from his wound and returning as a zombie during a White Walker attack. Maybe Finn dies during that attack while Gared and the Wildling girl escape.

Cody_nara posted: »

That's a shame, considering I actually agree with you...

• That's most likely how it will happen...

Scaeva posted: »

On that note I wonder if Cotter will end up dying from his wound and returning as a zombie during a White Walker attack. Maybe Finn dies during that attack while Gared and the Wildling girl escape.

• I like how the treat the Finn choice so far, but I found one or two little flaws. In my playthrough it was out of the question that Finn would accompany Gared and Cotter, as Gared never made peace with him and Finn sold him out to Frostfinger. Later beyond the wall, Cotter's reaction on the shortage of food is: "At least we don't have to feed Finn." This is an odd remark, since there's no reason Finn would even be here.

The other one being the fight with the wildlings. There were about six or seven coming from behind the trees, they were clearly in the better position. Yet somehow super pig farmer managed to kill two of them and the others ... ran away? Cotter didn't even lift a finger.

That said I hope don't bringing Finn pays off somehow, other than cut Finn dialogue. Maybe we meet him again if we come back to the wall.

• edited May 2015

Finn is probably my favorite side character in the game, so I really really hope he doesn't die.

• edited May 2015

My take on the wildlings you encounter is that Gared and Finn (if there) aren't fighting hardened warriors, but basically their civilians. Granted they are wildings, so all of them have some combat skills unlike your average peasant south of the wall. But all the wildlings you encounter there appear to be young girls, they seem nervous despite their bluster, hesitant while attacking, and a couple of the survivors just turn tail and flee. None of them have probably fought anyone before and unlike Finn, who appears equally inexperienced (his reaction implies the Wilding he killed was his first), they aren't trained soldiers.

Basically I think you just ran into a couple of teenaged hunters rather than warriors, and it showed.

rousseau posted: »

I like how the treat the Finn choice so far, but I found one or two little flaws. In my playthrough it was out of the question that Finn wou

• And Po-Tay-Toes!

Gapaot posted: »

Crows before hoes

• Telltale is doing awesome so far with Finn being a determinant character. He has an actual presence and you really feel like he is there to help you. Also, having an extra companion you can connect with is really a bonus. :)

• edited May 2015

I agree completely!

air high five

Alt text

Telltale is doing awesome so far with Finn being a determinant character. He has an actual presence and you really feel like he is there to help you. Also, having an extra companion you can connect with is really a bonus.

• I think when it comes to Cotter, the potato fucker, you have to be careful. He seems to be plotting everytime. You can't trust him and the game makes it clear so every time. The short pause after Gared asked whether or not they were near and you could only see Cotter's back. With Finn, though, I think what you see is what you get. He is more trustworthy to me, than someone with a history of stealing.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

Finn in fence confirmed

Pipas posted: »

Oh yeah, it felt like Finn really belonged there. Telltale did a really good job this time. Let's hope he won't become invisible next episode and won't die off screen. Yeah, I'm still not over Nick.

• Crows before Potat-hoes?

richforce posted: »

And Po-Tay-Toes!

• I kinda messed up on building a friendship with him (figured "I can help" would just make him call me a wuss or something), then kicked Britt off the wall right in front of him. So he told Frostfinger I'm a murderer, gave me a nasty glare and didn't show up at all after that. What happens if you make buddies with him?

If you make buds with him he'll defend you saying that you had no choice but to kill Britt, he later shows up, gives you a sword and asks to join, you can either accept or deny him.

Wolf6120 posted: »

I kinda messed up on building a friendship with him (figured "I can help" would just make him call me a wuss or something), then kicked Brit

Sign in to comment in this discussion.