The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• I was pretty much 100% not effected by it. I'm completely fine, but I've heard some people in the Austin area weren't as lucky.

Did you made it out okay? ._.

• So today I got chased out of the woods by an angered mama deer. I accidentally stumbled upon a newborn deer, and it took off running. Then a few moments later a full sized deer comes out of the brush and starts coming at me. I took off running, I was lucky to get away. Do not fuck with deer.

• I think calling the procedure "evil" is going a bit overboard, and I feel that people who are against circumcision make a bigger deal out of it than need be. I get the fact that the procedure isn't necessary, but there are still minor benefits to having the surgery, be they minor health benefits or an aesthetic preference. Of course there is going to be a level of pain involved with the surgery, but I don't think this is a big deal, and the baby will soon forget it anyway. Aside from keeping a newborn from the pain of the procedure, I don't know why anyone would be so strongly against circumcision. Yes, nerve endings are lost through the procedure, but there hasn't been any solid proof that this has any sort of meaningful impact on the male. Circumcision in general doesn't really have any impact on quality of life. Perhaps I shouldn't speak for all guys here, but I really don't think most circumcised guys care either way.

The foreskin contains around 20,000 nerve endings and is highly sensitive. Foreskin also protects the genitals from being overexposed, which

• You should have wrestled her. You only get one chance to wrestle a deer, and you missed yours.

mr.quality posted: »

So today I got chased out of the woods by an angered mama deer. I accidentally stumbled upon a newborn deer, and it took off running. Then a

• What the hell is that thing

Lehfeels posted: »

anyways im doing good thank you for asking

• You must be Mark's #1 fan. Congrats.

anyways im doing good thank you for asking

• not sure i just created it at random when i was bored so it could be anythang

What the hell is that thing

• We have a project due Friday and my teacher just started teaching us about the subject.

Thanks Obama.

• edited May 2015

Naw im just 1 of his many forum friends

TDMshadowCP posted: »

You must be Mark's #1 fan. Congrats.

• Alt text

We have a project due Friday and my teacher just started teaching us about the subject. Thanks Obama.

• Alt text

guess who's back https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc6vs-l5dkc

• who

• ew

• danny phantom

Green613 posted: »

who

• I think calling the procedure "evil" is going a bit overboard, and I feel that people who are against circumcision make a bigger deal out of it than need be

Yeah, I guess that was the wrong word to use, but it seemed to describe my distaste for the procedure pretty well at the time, and I think that the "big deal" people against circumcision make is well-deserved. Another word that would fit is savage. These aren't just opinions I'm relying on, they're facts. What I think is so wrong about it is that they don't have any choice. The problem is only partly the surgery and more that it is a permanent alteration that cannot be reversed, and the owner has no say in such alterations made to his body.

there are still minor benefits to having the surgery, be they minor health benefits or an aesthetic preference

Of course if they need the surgery due to medical issues such as phimosis or paraphimosis then that's a different story. And I suppose if you like the appearance of it, all the power to you. But to remove it at infancy because you deem it more appropriate without knowing if he would want to keep it later on in life is wrong.

Belan posted: »

I think calling the procedure "evil" is going a bit overboard, and I feel that people who are against circumcision make a bigger deal out of

• edited May 2015

Edit: the image stopped working so i just removed it

• Going to see Nightwish again in February with a bunch of friends. We made plans a little early, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2sd8UMUaIk

• edited May 2015

"Savage" also seems quite harsh. We're seriously talking about a pretty minor thing here. I get the argument that a guy should have a say over what happens with his own body, but the procedure is debatably better to do at a younger age, as the guy would then obviously quickly forget the procedure ever happening. Besides that, I truly do not believe that circumcised males in general really give a shit over the fact that they grew up without a foreskin, because again, the surgery has essentially no impact on quality of life what so ever. My life would be exactly the same had I not been circumcised. For all these outcries of "mutilation", savageness, ect, my life has not been negatively affected. So if the parents make a personal decision to have their son circumcised for any potential benefit, I say more power to them.

http://www.menshealth.com/health/debate-over-circumcision

I think calling the procedure "evil" is going a bit overboard, and I feel that people who are against circumcision make a bigger deal out of

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ27iS1mkuo

I freaking love Hawkeye (and Jeremy Renner).

• edited May 2015

Hope (Before Age of Ultron): WHY CAN'T THEY KILL HIM ALREADY!? WAIT, WHAT? He's been confirmed for CAP CIVIL WAR!! FUCK!!!

Hope Now: I freaking love Hawkeye

Alt text

NoHopeLeft posted: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ27iS1mkuo I freaking love Hawkeye (and Jeremy Renner).

• The medical field seems to feel the same way

Actually, more and more European physicians are starting to stand behind their anti-circumcision stance, and even call circumcision a form of child abuse. The only countries where circumcision is fiercely practiced are those where Jewish and Muslim cultures are prevalent. Even Canada and the US have started taking up European ideals, and are circumcising less males after being taught about the true advantages and disadvantages of circumcision instead of relying on tradition and aesthetic reasons.

Alt text

the procedure is debatably better to do at a younger age, as the guy would then obviously quickly forget the procedure ever happening

Obviously you're right. But why have to go through with an unnecessary procedure at all if, when managed correctly, uncircumcised males notice virtually no difference while still keeping nerves essential for pleasure? You may not think others care about it, but a large portion of circumcised males actually resent not having the choice and they wish their parents hadn't made such a decision or them.

the surgery has essentially no impact on quality of life what so ever

Circumcision does remove up to half of the skin on a penis, so fine-touch neuroreceptors, which are highly responsive to light touch, are lost. When these 20,000 nerve endings are removed, the ones remaining are further from the surface, and therefore are less responsive. Not an enormous impact, of course, but there still is one.

For all these outcries of "mutilation", savageness, ect, my life has not been negatively affected

That's you. There are males, however, whose lives have been negatively affected, whether physically or psychologically.

So if the parents make a personal decision to have their son circumcised for any potential benefit, I say more power to them

I disagree. The keyword here is "potential". Nearly all of any potential issues caused by not circumcising are those that occur later on in life, not during infancy. If such an issue arises, I don't see why he can't just go through with the procedure then, when he's under full control over what will happen to his body.

Belan posted: »

"Savage" also seems quite harsh. We're seriously talking about a pretty minor thing here. I get the argument that a guy should have a say ov

• I'm not InGen though XD

• edited May 2015

Actually, more and more European physicians are starting to stand behind their anti-circumcision stance, and even call circumcision a form of child abuse. The only countries where circumcision is fiercely practiced are those where Jewish and Muslim cultures are prevalent. Even Canada and the US have started taking up European ideals, and are circumcising less males after being taught about the true advantages and disadvantages of circumcision instead of relying on tradition and aesthetic reasons.

That was a pretty quick reply. I actually edited my point on this out of my previous post as I had a feeling that this was going to become its own discussion. I'm not going to argue over what other countries do, unless specifics are brought up on how they feel about the procedure. As far as America goes, the medical field generally isn't for it or against it (from what I've read anyway). This is because again, the procedure is a very minor deal.

It's not just about tradition or aesthetic preferences. There are again, health reasons, even if those health reasons are debatably minor. Personally I would say that helping to potentially protect against STDs is a good cause. I'm assuming you didn't see the article that I edited into my last post, so I'll post it again: http://www.menshealth.com/health/debate-over-circumcision

Obviously you're right. But why have to go through with an unnecessary procedure at all if, when managed correctly, uncircumcised males notice virtually no difference while still keeping nerves essential for pleasure? You may not think others care about it, but a large portion of circumcised males actually resent not having the choice and they wish their parents hadn't made such a decision or them.

One doesn't have to notice the benefits to actually benefit from them, right? Again, there are health reasons.. even convenience reasons. Your point here can actually just be totally flipped around and used against your opinion. A circumcised male doesn't notice any major difference either. Like I said before, it's not as if there is some sort of meaningful impact on the lives of those who have the procedure. I couldn't care less that I was circumcised, because it has had absolutely zero negative effects on my life. Saying that circumcised males have lost nerves essential to pleasure just isn't very true. It's not as if circumcised males can't be sexually aroused, or that they are significantly less sensitive. This is again coming from someone who has actually had this procedure...

I'm sure that there are some circumcised guys out that there that are upset over the decision being made for them, but I think this is just over the idea that a bodily decision was made for them, opposed to specifically having a problem with the actual alteration itself.

Circumcision does remove up to half of the skin on a penis, so fine-touch neuroreceptors, which are highly responsive to light touch, are lost. When these 20,000 nerve endings are removed, the ones remaining are further from the surface, and therefore are less responsive. Not an enormous impact, of course, but there still is one.

Kind of just touched on this point, but I'll just say again that it's such a minor thing that it isn't even worth being upset about. I'm not saying that there is absolutely no impact from having the procedure, only that there isn't anything meaningful. Circumcised males can still be perfectly sexually satisfied..

That's you. There are males, however, whose lives have been negatively affected, whether physically or psychologically.

What are you basing this on? I'm curious. It actually baffles me that someone could actually have a psychological issue from having this procedure. That's just bizarre.

I disagree. The keyword here is "potential". Nearly all of any potential issues caused by not circumcising are those that occur later on in life, not during infancy. If such an issue arises, I don't see why he can't just go through with the procedure then, when he's under full control over what will happen to his body.

If only HIV was reversible. STDs aside, even for the more minor issues, why wait until an issue arises? Prevention is certainly a decent reason for having the procedure, from the standpoint of someone who would have the procedure done for potential health benefits.

Just to clarify here, I understand if you personally wouldn't circumcise your own son. I'm not necessarily for or against the procedure myself. Overall I just don't think people should be up in arms over the procedure, for reasons I have already stated.

The medical field seems to feel the same way Actually, more and more European physicians are starting to stand behind their anti-cir

• Wut Bruh.

I'm not InGen though XD

• Silly Salty needs some reading-glasses :P

And I'm pretty sure I never spoke-ill of the mighty Hawkeye XD

Saltlick123 posted: »

Wut Bruh.

• Silly Salty needs some reading-glasses :P

I'm a Saltlick, my eye translator thing isn't working.....

And I'm pretty sure I never spoke-ill of the mighty Hawkeye XD

Just like you never spoke-ill of the mighty Saltlick :P

Silly Salty needs some reading-glasses :P And I'm pretty sure I never spoke-ill of the mighty Hawkeye XD

• I merely suggested you get reading-glasses! Please do not smite me! D:

Saltlick123 posted: »

Silly Salty needs some reading-glasses :P I'm a Saltlick, my eye translator thing isn't working..... And I'm pretty sure I never spoke-ill of the mighty Hawkeye XD Just like you never spoke-ill of the mighty Saltlick :P

• Ya know, I think I might be fine with missing out on that opportunity. For now at least. But I did get some great pictures.

You should have wrestled her. You only get one chance to wrestle a deer, and you missed yours.

• A week ago I was in this thrift shop and found this gorgeous dragon patterned shirt on sale for $3.50. I really love dragons and am into Chinese/Japanese cultures (always wanted to visit Japan one day). So I thought I might as well get it, even if it's a little tight on me. Sadly on the first day going out with this on, at a little meal my shirt got caught by some thing and torn it a little by two of the buttons. Going to have to get this fixed now.

Alt text

Alt text

• edited May 2015

(always wanted to visit Japan one day)

Cough cough

A week ago I was in this thrift shop and found this gorgeous dragon patterned shirt on sale for $3.50. I really love dragons and am into Chi

• edited May 2015

Ooh that looks dang cool

A week ago I was in this thrift shop and found this gorgeous dragon patterned shirt on sale for $3.50. I really love dragons and am into Chi

• Alt text

Ooh that looks dang cool

• edited May 2015

I totally walked into that one. lol

Alt text

papai46 posted: »

(always wanted to visit Japan one day) Cough cough

• Eh, we all have our sense of fashion. B3

papai46 posted: »

You sure of that?

• Lol

I totally walked into that one. lol

• Face scans in video games really make me upset ;_____; JUST MAKE ME LOOK PRETTY

Sign in to comment in this discussion.