104 great episode. Theory on traitor...

After playing episode 104 I was able to gather more clues about the possible traitor and I discovered that:

Arthur: 98% Traitor because we didn't learn too much about him just that he's one of the guards and Gwen's brother... Also he seemed a bit fishy

Duncan: 50% I know I thought it was him, but now it can't be. He's loyal even though he may hate his position...

Sir Royland: 35%. He's loyal to his king, plus showed him some new moves, so why would he teach Rodrik a new move if he was going to kill him?

Uncle Malcolm 78%: Lol I don't know but he seems too happy to me and might be the one who put the fam in danger...

Taila 80%: Again I must put her under the radar because she seems guilble and allowed Ramsey to manipulate her. Once you manipulate someone you can get them to do your will.

P. S. It's defiantly a male who's the traitor so ignore the Talia one lol. Rodrick says in the trailer: I TRUSTED HIM! so it's out of the males I chose...

Comments

• edited May 2015

There is so many things wrong with this I don't know where to begin. First off Rodrik isn't Royland's king and secondly it can't be Arthur because this is the first episode he is in, it can't be Malcolm because he's in Esso's and neither of them are on Rodrik's council anyways and I'm pretty sure it's not Talia because she isn't even on the small council and she wouldn't conspire with her brother's killers. Also what makes you say Duncan hates his position?

I do agree with the traitor likely being male though. I'm like 80% sure it's the Maester with the other 20% being Lady Forrester because who is to say the letter Rodrik get is even about the traitor?(Though it likely is)

• Surely you realize the traitor can only be someone on Rodriks council?

Rodriks council members:

• Elissa Forrester
    • Ser Royland Degore
    • Duncan Tuttle
    • Maester Ortengryn
  • Your theories are always interesting to read.

But in all seriousness I disagree with them completley

• Whatever you say. You're just trying to say I'm trolling so I can get in trouble for something I didn't do. You obviously are butt hurt because of the evidence I found while playing is too much for you to intake.

The real definition of trolling is: An act to make others mad and call them insulting names. i did nothing like that. If trolling is theories and opinions then so be it!

The numbers I used are my way of saying how high they are to being the traitor. That's probably why you think I'm trolling.

• [removed]

Whatever you say. You're just trying to say I'm trolling so I can get in trouble for something I didn't do. You obviously are butt hurt beca

• I don't think Ramsay actually cares about any of this. He's just holding the popcorn, we cant hurt him and he knows it. I doubt he's manipulated anyone.

Arthur can't be the traitor he hasn't been to any of the meetings.
    And Malcom's in Essos, he doesn't have information to give away.
    I think it's the maester.

• edited May 2015

Flagging for offensive language. Enjoy your ban and you're welcome

• And good luck to you in your future endeavours, bridge-related or otherwise.

Flagging for offensive language. Enjoy your ban and you're welcome

• What? Hey look I didn't really flag you okay? I know my opinion sounds stupid but come on you didn't have to call me stupid lol. Just thumbs down the thread and move on.

And good luck to you in your future endeavours, bridge-related or otherwise.

• I'm about 90% sure that the maester is the traitor. Especially after the Highpoint scene. Gwyn said that one of her brothers is in Citadel right? Maybe it's just me but one of them also looked like the maester.

• What? How dare you?! I demand you ban me at once!

What? Hey look I didn't really flag you okay? I know my opinion sounds stupid but come on you didn't have to call me stupid lol. Just thumbs down the thread and move on.

• If the traitor is Royland I'm done, love him too much for him to be a traitor. I'm hoping it's the Measter he's very suspicious. Plus did anyone notice he was the only council member not at the funeral?

• I wonder, would Gryff really treat Ortengryn the way he did if he was the traitor? I doubt Gryff is above bashing people on his side, but wouldn't he be under orders not to harm Ortengryn if he was the spy?

AgentZ46 posted: »

Surely you realize the traitor can only be someone on Rodriks council? Rodriks council members: * Elissa Forrester * Ser Royland Degore * Duncan Tuttle * Maester Ortengryn

• I don't think Gryff knows. Ludd probably wouldn't have told him about Ortengryn.

I wonder, would Gryff really treat Ortengryn the way he did if he was the traitor? I doubt Gryff is above bashing people on his side, but wouldn't he be under orders not to harm Ortengryn if he was the spy?

• I think the Forresters would know if the maester was a Whitehill.

• Yeah probably. If Ortengryn was the traitor, I think he would have confessed to get Gryff to lay off.

I don't think Gryff knows. Ludd probably wouldn't have told him about Ortengryn.

• edited May 2015

I think it's either Duncan or the Maester, though I'm leaning more towards Duncan at the moment. He seems very kind and all, but I felt like something about him's off from the start. Now, after he asked Gared to risk is life (after all, desertion = punishable by death) in order to find the North Grove, it really got me thinking. I mean, he's Gared's uncle, so asking him to desert in order to look for something that might not even exist is pretty drastic. So, what if Duncan already knows what the North Grove is, and wants it for himself? Might be a motive to send his own nephew to almost cerain death, and to conspire against his lord.

As for the Maester...well, there's not much to say about him IMO, since we haven't learned much about him yet (which of course makes him a bit suspicious as well). Anyway, since he's a very young Maester, I think that his loyalty to his lords may not be as strong as that of an old Maester who already served a familiy for a long time.

Edit: Avenger95, you're right, I completely forgot about that comment. This would make the Maester a very likely candidate...

• Maybe he's just too good at keeping his enemies closer. Haha.

Yeah probably. If Ortengryn was the traitor, I think he would have confessed to get Gryff to lay off.

• Also the only council member not present when Ethan died - aside from whoever you didn't assign as Sentinel.

And I doubt Gryff knows about the traitor because he's a huge blabbermouth, hence why he would beat Ortengryn up.

MosesARose posted: »

If the traitor is Royland I'm done, love him too much for him to be a traitor. I'm hoping it's the Measter he's very suspicious. Plus did anyone notice he was the only council member not at the funeral?

• Arthur: 98% Traitor because we didn't learn too much about him just that he's one of the guards and Gwen's brother... Also he seemed a bit fishy

Impossible. He was not on the small council and only appeared in this episode.

Duncan: 50% I know I thought it was him, but now it can't be. He's loyal even though he may hate his position...

Fair enough, although I don't understand 'hating his position'

Sir Royland: 35%. He's loyal to his king, plus showed him some new moves, so why would he teach Rodrik a new move if he was going to kill him?

Well, everyone is supposed to be loyal to the king, and the king you are attempting to refer to is dead. And if the traitor wanted to kill Rodrik they would have already done it so no. Still could be him, but these aren't very good reasons why.

Uncle Malcolm 78%: Lol I don't know but he seems too happy to me and might be the one who put the fam in danger...

He's in Essos, no communication with Ironrath. He also isn't on the small council, so no. And seeing a long lost nephew is something to be really happy about. And the family was already in danger.

Taila 80%: Again I must put her under the radar because she seems guilble and allowed Ramsey to manipulate her. Once you manipulate someone you can get them to do your will.

Where was this manipulation?

P. S. It's defiantly a male who's the traitor so ignore the Talia one lol. Rodrick says in the trailer: I TRUSTED HIM! so it's out of the males I chose...

Then why did you put Talia? And NEVER trust preview trailers. Ever.

• edited May 2015

Obviously Rodrik is the traitor. What is he doing when we're not playing him? Why did he kiss Ludd's ring and show mercy to Gryff?

Or maybe it's the illuminati.

• The "I trusted him" may not be in relation to the traitor.

• What if there is no traitor? Am I the only one who's distinctly aware that you received the info from a Whitehill, who could be in on the deception and treachery? As far as I can see, she's likely trying to make you distrustful of all your closest allies/advisers because it's your family or hers. She even encourages you to submit at every turn. She doesn't necessarily want to see the Forresters destroyed, but she's ultimately still on team Whitehill.

I'm beginning to think there ISN'T a traitor and this is all just Whitehill trickery.

• edited May 2015

The traitor might be the sentinel, whoever u chose. Or it could be the maester, maybe he got beat up cause he didn't obey some stupid thing gryff told him to do, like kill rodrick or whatever.

The whitehills should be tortured and given to ramsay as gifts.

• How fast do you think the Whitehills could possibly learn about House Forrester's plans from Malcolm? He's in Essos. The fastest way to send a message in this setting is by carrier. It's also just as likely that the "him" Rodrik gets angry over is a red herring, that the process of elimination that leads him or his council to suspect the "him" of being a traitor is a false lead.

You're forgetting that the Boltons have their own army. Ramsay could have kicked down the door, taken Ironrath with his own men, slaughtered all the Glenmoore soldiers for their betrayal, taken Talia as a hostage, and imprisoned Royland in a cell tantalizingly adjacent to Gryff. I'm incredibly certain that your choice on who should be sentinel is a red herring, and it's not the maester.

The traitor is Elissa Forrester, I'm calling it. When you kill all of your house's ravens, no one in your house can send a message to your enemies. And neither can you send a message to any of your allies. If there was any doubt, Asher really is alone with Malcolm and Behska in Essos, and Mira's lifeline with House Forrester is now one-way - she can tell them what's going on in King's Landing, but they can't tell her anything. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

• I still think the maester is the most suspicious one here.

Even though he got beaten by Gryff, that doesn't place him out of suspicion. Ludd probably doesn't trust him enough with the information of a spy.

"You think I give 2 shits about Gryff? About my fucking fourthborn?"

• i suspected lady forrester too, but she wouldn't do anything to endanger her family, if it is her, she is being blackmailed or is a psycho with no feelings for her family

Hbh128 posted: »

How fast do you think the Whitehills could possibly learn about House Forrester's plans from Malcolm? He's in Essos. The fastest way to send

• I agree, I thought it was about Ludd and the deal with Ryon.

trd84 posted: »

The "I trusted him" may not be in relation to the traitor.

• chances are 341% you didn't attend any maths class at school.

• Gwyn knew the specifics about what the council discussed in the Ironwood Grove i.e. that you were planning to expel Gryff/save Ryon and that Asher was returning from Essos. Unless the Whitehills had a random soldier hiding behind a tree or something, eavesdropping on the meeting (which would be a cop out and bad writing for the game), there's no way for her to know these things other than if someone from that meeting told Ludd.

Senrain posted: »

What if there is no traitor? Am I the only one who's distinctly aware that you received the info from a Whitehill, who could be in on the de

• I don't really see a reason for the Maester to have been there he has a lot of other duties. He's still a likely suspect though.

JakeSt123 posted: »

Also the only council member not present when Ethan died - aside from whoever you didn't assign as Sentinel. And I doubt Gryff knows about the traitor because he's a huge blabbermouth, hence why he would beat Ortengryn up.

• That quote was a bluff so it's not really relevant, I agree that he didn't tell Gryff about the traitor though.

BlueShadiw posted: »

I still think the maester is the most suspicious one here. Even though he got beaten by Gryff, that doesn't place him out of suspicion. L

• The Maester is the traitor of house Forrester because he wanted to give the ironwood away, he was helping one of Gryff's soldiers the one who got bitten from Talia.

• They wouldn't, a maester abandon his family name once he has a chain around his neck. But even though i think he is the traitor for sure i don't think that he is a Whitehill for the simple reason that in my head he is Morgryn's brother and that doesn't seem right because both of them doesn't seem to have set loyalties.

I think the Forresters would know if the maester was a Whitehill.

• Only small part of it and to the Boltons, not Whitehills. And it's his duty to attend to anyone who's hurt in Ironrath...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.