Is Beshka Kenny?

Is Beshka gonna become Kenny? They are both bro's they'll have your back come what may. Yet Kenny just becomes this massive weight around your neck the longer the story goes on. Always making things more difficult until you finally just get sick of covering his ass any more. In the last episode Beshka started doing the same. Emotionally unstable, drinking, has trouble following orders, takes silly risks. Could she be on the same downward trajectory as Kenny?

Comments

• edited May 2015

Difference is Beshka can be reasoned with and has a legitimate reason to be an asshole. Not that MY Beshka has ever been an asshole with me. Got her back the same way she's got mine

• edited May 2015

Let's be fair to Beskha.. she is a former slave who is being asked to return to a place where she was forced to kill other kids and suffered atrocities at the hands of Dezhor zo Raza. That would drive anybody to become a unstable drunken mess beforehand.

And she's been alone with Asher for a while now.. maybe she just feels they work better when they don't follow orders.

So no I don't think the comparison works. Kenny was unstable almost all of the time whereas Beshka seems to be coherent most of the time. She only became unstable once she realized they were going to Meereen.

• I think what I'm getting at is more asking is this the start of something? I'm not saying she's gone full Kenny yet. Just that the way she was acting this episode she was a liability. The fact that this was an emotionally trying time for her is exactly the same excuses I made for Kenny for so very long. Always cutting him slack because this was a bad time for him. The point is how do they cope when they are in a difficult situation do they hold it together? Or are they unstable and likely to cause you more trouble than they're worth?

If it comes down to Malcolm vs Beshka again I know which side I'll be picking :)

• She's been forced back to the place where there's nothing but bad memories, all because her friend needs help. She has a reason to act as she does. She's only tried to kill those who've wronged her.

• I thought the same thing, lucky for me I like Kenny and Beshka

• Kenny had his reasons too, you could say he had more reason to act crazy.

Lewsblake23 posted: »

She's been forced back to the place where there's nothing but bad memories, all because her friend needs help. She has a reason to act as she does. She's only tried to kill those who've wronged her.

• edited May 2015

Beshka is a good person but her will to act is too strong. She has a passion for violence, drinking and revenge. On the other hand, Kenny is impossible to reason with, when angry. Beshka has less of a temper, while inside i believe they are alike because they are soft hearted. But conditions brought out the worst of them.

• That is actually a great comparison! I think Beskha is GoT's Kenny because she just doesn't know when to quit or keep her mouth shut sometimes, jut like Kenny.

• You wouldn't be able to stop Kenny from killing that slave master, but Beshka can listen and understand the right thing. Kenny is senseless when angry.

Yaya1314 posted: »

That is actually a great comparison! I think Beskha is GoT's Kenny because she just doesn't know when to quit or keep her mouth shut sometimes, jut like Kenny.

• Pretty much the same with Beskha

Alt text

• Yeah me too. Kenny was the man. Like I said they're both bro's. But Kenny eventually ends up becoming a danger to himself and everyone around him. When that happened I had to chose Jane. If I'd seen it coming sooner, hadn't been so loyal to my Bro and seen the writing on the wall I probably wouldn't have stuck up for him as much as I did.

Poogers555 posted: »

I thought the same thing, lucky for me I like Kenny and Beshka

• She does have a hatred towards Malcolm. Similar to Kenny. I have a feeling that only one will be able to sail across. In that case, sorry Beshka. I'm taking Malcolm over you.

• It's a good comparison though Beskha is more reliable.

• I think if it was Kenny in Beskha's place you would still be able to stop him from killing the slave master somehow.

• That scene when Beshka was fighting Asher and you had a choice to fight back or not, it did take me back to the scene in The Walking Dead when, Kenny was fighting Lee and you had a choice to fight back. I think its just one of Telltales methods on showing the down fall of a character.

• If she does have the same PERSONALITY as Kenny, I like her and atleast she stays loyal to me and stuck with me, despite my choices I've made so far... she's my sista for life

• Lol, now that you mention it... You opened my eyes man, I treated Kenny the same way xD

• edited May 2015

She actually is right about the last part of the mission since following's Croft's plan means failing horribly at sneaking up on one of the guy and eventually you have to deal with all of them anyway.

I like Beskha, hopefully she stays around for a long ride. She is Asher's exotic Brienne best pal.

• I saved Kenny and killed Jane, he is great and actually caring for Clementine and the baby.

Sarson posted: »

Yeah me too. Kenny was the man. Like I said they're both bro's. But Kenny eventually ends up becoming a danger to himself and everyone aroun

• @Sarson First you have to understand that every person has different personallity and sometimes they need to do something that you wouldnt. Basically every Telltale game is about social relationships.

• I didn't think of it that way. I like both Kenny and Beshka, but I think the former had more moments of "selfishness" than the latter so far. That said, I stopped Beshka from killing the slave master dude because it's more important I earn dragon lady's help than revenge.

• edited May 2015

I noticed they used the same animation as they did for Kenny when she was fighting Asher.

The way she paces around angrily, kinda hunched over... exactly like Kenny

• Kenny and Beshka are in completely different situations. They may share similar traits, but they're not easy to compare.

Kenny had his reasons too, you could say he had more reason to act crazy.

• I don't think she hates Malcolm rather is annoyed with him. She's upset because Ahser might leave her behind

Tyranitar posted: »

She does have a hatred towards Malcolm. Similar to Kenny. I have a feeling that only one will be able to sail across. In that case, sorry Beshka. I'm taking Malcolm over you.

• At first, I thought your thread was something like that ''Is sor royland ned stark in disguise?'' thread. xD

• That pretty much sums him up.

Pretty much the same with Beskha

• He is a crazy man but he died like a herou in a fight xD

Kenny had his reasons too, you could say he had more reason to act crazy.

• Asher will leave her behind. She isn't willing to go to Westeros.

Leluch123 posted: »

I don't think she hates Malcolm rather is annoyed with him. She's upset because Ahser might leave her behind

• edited May 2015

I don't like Beshka

• Hmmm I can't really bring myself to comparing those two. Beskha might have some traits similar too him but she's rather calm and collected most of the time. She only got similar to Kenny in recent episode but that's understandable, everyone would with the past like that. Also she's reliable un like Kenny most of the tim

• O'rly you don't think he will persuade her?

Alt text

Skiba7671 posted: »

Asher will leave her behind. She isn't willing to go to Westeros.

• Stop...

• Beskha is exactly like Kenny only less selfish. They both run around jeopardizing missions with their personal problems, they both only cooperate with you until do something they don't like, and they both are just really hard to deal with. Beskha was about to get the smack down in that tent when she wouldn't stop drinking.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.