What do you think of Daenerys?

edited May 2015 in Game Of Thrones

Am I the only one who feels this way? I don't hate her by any chance, and I think she's one helluva badass, but I think that she sees the world far too ideally. Her storyline was kind of unreal, and when things did start going realistically south, she made tons of mistakes. For one, she had Jorah exiled, one of the few people she can really trust. The way she treated Asher was kind of odd as well. Her caution was of course good, but the way she simply assumes that Asher is lying and that her dragons are more than thoughtless beasts is kind of silly.

Comments

• Basically this is Daenerys from point of view of another person.

• The way I see it, her conflict in Essos is essentially ONE BIG cultural clash. She despise slavery and she want to bring freedom to everyone. Despite the abuse she face from her brother, he must have still taught her about Westeros values. Slavery and other nasty stuff in Essos is bad, but it is still the way these people live. For them, it is normal. She believes herself to be a savior of the people, but she is forcing changes that not everyone wants. She is invading their way of living.

• edited May 2015

Exaclty! The way she deals with the Sons of the Harpy case is kind of weak. Executing him in public was a big mistake for such a tense situation. She's forward thinking and definitely deserves credit for that, but she doesn't take advice so well. She has yet to learn what it means to rule.

The way I see it, her conflict in Essos is essentially ONE BIG cultural clash. She despise slavery and she want to bring freedom to everyone

• I felt she was just as single-minded and preachy as she is usually. They captured the character quite well, in that she was marching right into a poorly thought out destruction of an entire city and feeling totally awesome about herself for it. I'm sure she'll probably geld Malcolm or something if we dared to upset her sacred will by letting Beshka kill that one guy who'd have died anyway.

• [removed]

Basically this is Daenerys from point of view of another person.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.