Does anyone else loves 'new' Mira?

2»

Comments

• Y,es Mira is damn awesome, always loved her parts but this was exceptionally well made.

• edited May 2015

Her part is Game of Thrones, scary and dangerous, you win or you die. And she's not very high at hierarchy to play without fearing for her life, it's not like she's Lannister, or holds high title, even her connections are dubious at best. But she learns fast, and it's not like she's going to be handmaiden forever... even then, Queen Margaery's handmaiden may be more dangerous than some Lord...

Mira's story just keeps getting better for me her parts always feel like something horrible can happen any second but in this episode Mira laid the smack down and it was great.

• I really liked her new clothes. I thought she was pretty badass, for some reason.

• Oi, can we get Mira to be handmaiden to Sansa when this is all over?

Mira could teach her a thing or two...

• Hahahaha xDDD

FishySticks posted: »

Oi, can we get Mira to be handmaiden to Sansa when this is all over? Mira could teach her a thing or two...

• Hell yeah I do! She went from meh to one of my favorite characters! She's like a much more capable Sansa.

• I really enjoyed her parts this episode. I can't see a good ending for her though. I kept the knife in my play through, I feel like that will bite me in the butt later. And looks like Cersei wants us to be in the trial against Tyrion. I wonder what options they will give us.

• Yeah, she finally learned how to play the game of thrones.

• edited May 2015
    1. [Make shit up about Tyrion]
    2. [Get rekt]

I really enjoyed her parts this episode. I can't see a good ending for her though. I kept the knife in my play through, I feel like that wil

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited May 2015

I have to say, I hate Mira. This episode, however, I had a GREAT time playing as her. That scene with Lord Tarwick and Lyman waving had me dying.

• I loved Mira's story in this episode. Did anyone else eavesdrop on Sera and Margaery? They're discussing replacing Mira, Margaery is such a bitch about it and now it seems Sera might turn on Mira after listening to their conversation. I desperately want the option to tell Margaery to go Hell.

• sniff They grow up so fast.

Seriously, she's gone from a somewhat naive and inexperienced child to a master of weaving half-truths and gathering key allies, all while disrupting enemy plans with a few kind, calculating words. And yes, I WOULD be afraid of a little handmaiden if her name was Mira Forrester!

• A very distant cousin, though. And let's not forget, this was a new King's Coronation feast. Marg and her handmaidens would wear black, since she's just been widowed, and her staff just kind of follow suit. But the others would dress festive, since it's more recently a party for Tommen.

What about Lyman Lannister? He's one of Joffrey's relatives and still wearing Lannister colors.

• I got kind of frustrated with her options this episode, actually. It MAKES you talk to Lyman, MAKES you bring up his poppy addiction during that talk, and MAKES you piss off Andros. Now, yes, it was extremely satisfying seeing the fat bastard turn into a steamy tomato when I politely told him to go choke on my newfound intrigue skills, but I can't help but feel like Mira's fighting way above her weight class (lol cause Andros is chubby) and we're not able to make her not do so.

It makes me think she's going to get hit hard for it. I mean, Andros is pretty rich, by the look of it, so he can totally hire someone to shank Mira (might not be the first time) in his tomato-colored anger. Cause Mira's all kinds of cocky and confident, but what has she got? Her House is a wreck, her patron is all kinds of mad with her, her "friend" is either powerless or untrustworthy, and the Ironwood which everyone wants to secure from her is completely out of Forester hands at this point. She's just a teenage girl whom both Queens dislike, nobody would really care that much if she wound up dead. I hope she doesn't, but I couldn't help feel like I was burying myself more and more at that feast.

• I'm terrified!

She's so smooth and manipulative. I love it so much. Her voice put me off so much it's sickly sweet, she's amazing ugh.

I loved Mira from the start but wow! That character development. Next episode, I'm gonna sass Cersei's ass off, or Margery's.

• Your name fits her perfectly this episode

SoMuchSass posted: »

Mira the destroya I really enjoyed her scenes this time

• edited May 2015

She's got at least some of it:

• Key from Margaery

• Seal from Margaery

• Contract by Tyrion

• Dagger

• Sort of connection with Andros' former partner, Margaery's favourite handmaiden, coal boy hired by unknown sources, Sera's future husband.

• Family wth means to harvest, trade and carve Ironwood and ability to make deals for them

• Knowledge and will to kill

• Pretty good experience in telling half-truths, looking confident without much actual protection behind her

She's also at the point of being able to play Game, but underrestimated and overlooked by almost all players. So I'd say she'll be fine, if push comes to shove.

Wolf6120 posted: »

I got kind of frustrated with her options this episode, actually. It MAKES you talk to Lyman, MAKES you bring up his poppy addiction during

• Indeed :D

Your name fits her perfectly this episode

• See, but that's a very Eddard Stark like backing. Counting on Morgryn or Sera just cause they seem to be friendly will go about as well as when Ned trusted Littlefinger. I admit I didn't take anything from Margeary, though any message sent with the seal can be discredited by Margeary herself pretty quickly, though the Key may admittedly be useful somehow. The contract, I figure, will only incriminate her with Tyrion, if the player chooses to keep it.

The only really reliable thing she has going for her is Tom, and that's only because someone assigned him to, so he's hardly a stalwart shield either. Andros seems like a violent idiot. If he just grabs Mira while she's alone at some point, or sends enough thugs to deal with both Mira and Tom, then she's dead. Morgryn might be upset by her death, but there's not much he or Sera could do and Tarwick probably wouldn't care. She may be getting more and more information, but it's still not anything massive. She doesn't have anything that would specifically make someone reconsider trying to kill her if she meddled in their affairs too much.

Gapaot posted: »

She's got at least some of it: * Key from Margaery * Seal from Margaery * Contract by Tyrion * Dagger * Sort of connection

• Yeah that was just you, dude. My Mira was a bamf even in that scene.

"It's not what you say, but you feel, that matters."

My Mira was very agreeable to Cerscei and acted in the exact way to appease her... then IMMEDIATELY turned to Lady M. and told her it was all for show.

Really? From my experience Cersei says it every time you try to wiggle out or question, whose loyalty you pledge - King or Margaery without clean answer.

• "Surely you aren't afraid of a handmaiden."

• ...and Ethan & Gregor?

Whole family is badass as fuck. Mira? Handmaiden with claws still alive in King's Landing after pissing off Cersei and Margaery. Godrick

• I absolutely love your avatar <3

SoMuchSass posted: »

Mira the destroya I really enjoyed her scenes this time

• Thanks ^^

Yaya1314 posted: »

I absolutely love your avatar

• You are so totally right. And that's really upsetting because I like Mira! :(

I feel like she will survive this somehow. She's pretty capable for a teenage girl. She's willing to take risks if necessary (broke into Tyrion's room) and knows how to kill people in self-defense (Damien). That might be enough for her to get by, maybe escape out of King's Landing with the help of Tom if things go bad?

Wolf6120 posted: »

I got kind of frustrated with her options this episode, actually. It MAKES you talk to Lyman, MAKES you bring up his poppy addiction during

• The first four things are bad for Mira, not good. If Marg finds out that Mira stole her seal and key, she will be even more furious. If Cersei sends Lannister guards to search Mira's room and they find a decree written by the man imprisoned for killing the king to a former rebellious northern house, Mira will most likely be imprisoned for treason. If they find the dagger, someone will recognize that it's Damien's (who I believe was the commander or had a superior position in the Lannister guard because Lucan was ordered by him) and Mira will be executed for killing an important Lannister guard. Marg won't defend her if she finds out that Mira stole her precious key and official family seal. Even if she didn't steal those things, Mira is still on Marg's bad side. If Mira has any of those 4 things in her possession she is screwed.

She probably has no connection with Morgryn, he might be using her in order to get ironwood. She is not Marg's favorite handmaiden, Sera said in episode 4 that Marg is "furious" with Mira and thinking of replacing her. The coal boy could be working for someone against Mira who wants the coal boy to spy on her. Sera's future husband could care less about Mira, she's just some random handmaiden he just met. Not to mention Andros hates Mira for being smug and infuriating him and will probably send an assassin to kill her.

The last three bullet points are all Mira has going good for her. Hopefully that will be enough for her to survive.

She's got at least some of it: * Key from Margaery * Seal from Margaery * Contract by Tyrion * Dagger * Sort of connection

• Nah.

Items are good for her as long as she hides them, and it's not like they will do worse than she already have: she disliked by Marg and Cersei already. Items are just means to gain advantage or be traded for favors, used to cheat and all that.

She's using Morgryn too, it's not like both care about each other, this is business, and her family has (almost) monopoly with Ironwood.

I didn't say SHE is favourite handmaiden, I said the has connections with favourite handmaiden, i.e. Sera. Coal boy works for her now - he helps her, where he could've sabotaged or let out her secrets, so he's valuable accet for now. Sera's future husband may not care about her much, but he's no slouch (already suspecting Sera ) and probably not so dumb to dismiss Margaery's handmaiden as useless, and remember, when you are useful, you can make deals.

Overall, of course nothing is reliable - nothing ever is. But she's pretty well off for someone playing the Game for few months.

Meow122 posted: »

The first four things are bad for Mira, not good. If Marg finds out that Mira stole her seal and key, she will be even more furious. If Cers

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Mira's still my least favorite protagonist in this game, but she was definitely a lot better in this episode.

• "I know all your plans, and I'm going to destroy you"

• Mira looks a bit older too. I noticed that Tom has definitely grown. He used to be shorter than her I'm sure.

• I loved her "Don't be so bloody dramatic" myself. It seemed like she had a bit of Olenna style sass to me.

• DEAD

Yaya1314 posted: »

...and Ethan & Gregor?

• "Don't be so bloody dramatic."

Sign in to comment in this discussion.