Theory on Finn and Cotter and Ep. 5

edited May 2015 in Game Of Thrones

I've been thinking about a theory on Ep. 5(which includes Cotter and Finn) and here's what I have come up with:

The ending will play out differently for those who have Finn and who don't have Finn, and here's the actual theory:

After an encounter with White Walkers or Wights or even other Free Folk, Cotter gets stabbed(again), but this time he's stabbed in the chest and struggles to overcome his injuries. Fearing he will die and turn into a Wight, he tells Gared and Finn to burn his body if he dies, but Sylvi reassures Cotter that he will survive...

a few hours later

Cotter definitely can't survive his injuries and asks the group to stop, here's how it will play out for some people:

if you have Finn with you

Cotter asks you to burn his body and dies. Finn obviously not wanting to have a 'zombie' around wants to burn Cotter's body, Sylvi on the other hand says that Wights are very slow and are only dangerous with a weapon and asks you to keep his body as a memory of Cotter. And then you're faced with a choice: to either burn Cotter's body or not burn it...

Finn is with you and you decide to burn the body

You decide to grab Cotter's feet and Finn decides to grab Cotter chest, Sylvi not wanting to 'lose' her brother threatens you with a spear, Finn thinking she is joking pushes her to the ground. Well, Sylvi wasn't actually joking and wants to stop Finn and Gared, for a few seconds the screen goes into slow-motion and you see Sylvi stabbing Finn in the chest. He then drops Cotter's body and falls to the ground.... the episode ends

Finn is with you and you decide to not to burn the body

You agree with Sylvi and decide not to burn Cotter's body, Finn disagrees with you, and after a short QTE(in which you fight Finn) you win and stop him or lose and Sylvi stops him. A few hours later you sit around a campfire and discuss Cotter's death... And then camera focuses on Finn and you see him get stabbed through the chest(by Cotter).... the episode ends

if Finn is not with you

Cotter asks you to burn his body and clinging to the last bits of his life and tries to convince Sylvi to let Gared burn his body. Sylvi on the other hand: completely disagrees with you and him, thinking Cotter would survive... And then you have the same choice....

Finn is not with you and you decide to burn the body

Cotter dies and you grab his body, Sylvi wanting to stop you threatens you with a spear and you push her to ground... And then she gets up and stabs you in the shoulder.... and the episode ends

Finn is not with you and you decide not to burn the body

You decide not to burn the body... A few hours later you sit around a campfire and discuss Cotter's death... And then camera focuses on Sylvi and you see her get grabbed by Cotter(the way Katja got grabbed by a walker in episode 2 of TWD Season 1)... the episode ends

Dictionary:

White Walkers - Guys on Ep. 4 thumbnail, basically Yetis without Fur. Can make zombies from dead people.

Wights - Zombies or Walkers that get made by White Walkers. Can use weapons, don't eat people, but kill them instead. Highly flammable.

Freefolk - Wildlings.

P.S. Sorry for my grammar, English is not my native language...
And can someone confirm: Do White Walkers need to be close to the body or see it reanimate the body or not...

Comments

• edited May 2015

Come on guys, I want to know if this is sh*t or not...

• I highly doubt that we're going to be fighting any White Walkers or Wights. As for the threoy, I can't really see Finn fighting you over buring a body or not. I'm sure Finn's gonna die at some point if you took him with you, but I don't think a reanimated Cotter or Sylvi will be the ones to do it.

• Sylvi protesting against burning the body makes absolutely no sense, because burning the bodies is way more practiced among the Free Folks than people south of the Wall because of their encounters with Wights, and it kind of has become part of their culture.plus Wights are not slow nor harmless without weapon,they are not zombies.(remember Jon Snow fighting a Wight)
    although It's obvious that Finn is going to die.

• How do you get Finn to come with you? Do you have to be nice to him all throughout Ep2 and Ep3?

• Pretty much, if you tell him Cotter stole his knife or if you make amends with him in episode 3, he'll show up before you leave beyond the wall and you have the option of taking him with you or leaving him at the wall.

How do you get Finn to come with you? Do you have to be nice to him all throughout Ep2 and Ep3?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.