Why I'm glad I maimed you know who

Besides the pleasure of seeing Gryff squirm and beg for mercy, maiming him was a good choice. When I first heard there was 4 whitehill sons, I got worried. Gryff is the fourth-born, and least important of them. So if the lowest ranking whitehill is sent to us and is messing us up so bad, then if we get rid of him, he has 3 older brothers and his father to come rescue and lead troops. But, we learned that his brothers are off elsewhere, too far away to physically threaten the house.

So now, Gryff is blinded at least for a little while, and can't lead any troops to Ironrath. Only Ludd and Andros remain as threats to us, while we still have Gared, Asher, and Mira around the world getting shit done for us. Of course, the whitehill army still outnumbers house forester, but with less leaders we have a better chance.

Comments

• Even though Gryff is the 4th born son, Ludd still cares about him. Giving in to a sick moment of pleasure might have grave consequences for Ryon, who the Forresters also care about.

• "After all, a Whitehill is still a Whitehill."

That line man. Rodrick was so awesome.

fayescarlet posted: »

Even though Gryff is the 4th born son, Ludd still cares about him. Giving in to a sick moment of pleasure might have grave consequences for Ryon, who the Forresters also care about.

• That is the only worrying part about all of this. I hope there is a way to soothe things over and get Ryon back without Ludd going crazy after seeing Gryff.

Even though Gryff is the 4th born son, Ludd still cares about him. Giving in to a sick moment of pleasure might have grave consequences for Ryon, who the Forresters also care about.

• well ,ludd and andros are preparing an army which is enough to destroy iron rath. ramsey snow is with ludd
    this can be a potential threat to iron rath i think so

• "YOU THINK I GIVE A SHIT ABOUT HIM? MY FUCKING FOURTHBORN?!" --Ludd Whitehill, Game of Thrones Episode 104

• Try calling his bluff, dude. "A Whitehill is still a Whitehill." This convinces Ludd to not harm Ryon and agree to make a trade on neutral soil.

"YOU THINK I GIVE A SHIT ABOUT HIM? MY FUCKING FOURTHBORN?!" --Ludd Whitehill, Game of Thrones Episode 104

• Indeed!

InsidemanII posted: »

"After all, a Whitehill is still a Whitehill." That line man. Rodrick was so awesome.

• But hitting him was so gratifying.

• I'm glad I DIDN'T maim him because I want the moral high ground over the Whitehill's.

• I don't think Ryon has much chance of making it no matter what. I've just been basing all my choices on the assumption that he's already dead. Ryon: "I thought you forgot about me!" Myself: "Nope, I've just been trying to ignore you." Not only that, but I like to play my Forresters as bad/morally ambiguous people rather than the absolute good guys that everyone else seems to favor.

• When i mamed Gryff I didn't know that was going to happen if i hit him the fourth time. i thought i would just knock him out or something but when that happened i was like oh crap i just fucked up

• I maimed him in one play through. and I showed him mercy in another play through so that I can play both sides of the decision. I have two playthroughs (One where i make my own choices that i like) and the other (one where i do the opposite of what I did.) I have a third play through that I call the asshole play through where I'm just a dick to everyone. My 4th and final save file will be used to play the entire season in full when it fully released.

• What about Croft? He has one eye and hes like a military leader or something.

• I play like a madman because it won't change a damn thing, really.

• edited July 2015

Yikes, that's a pretty dark way to play, mind you I did hit him a couple times but that was it, thought that was more than enough to wound his pride. I just wouldn't be able to go on hitting the guy after he started begging me to stop, partially because I'm constantly thinking about the cause and effect things will have, but mostly because it didn't feel right or justified.

Not trying to criticize the way you play, to each their own.

• My own theory is that Ramsay Snow will kill Gryff for failing to keep order at Ironrath/failure to deliver as much Ironwood as was promised, rendering the choice to maim him or not moot. Maybe they'll be an option to try and get Ramsay to spare his life.

• well, an option to kill him would've been good, taking the whitehill bosses out before any shit can happen is a good way to save the forresters.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.