Gared is doomed the Night's Watch Curse

Karl Tanner and all of his men, Mance Rayder, Wallen, Will, Stiv and Rast are all known deserters of The Night's Watch every one of them dead as Ned. With Finn being determinate it's very possible he'll die. People keep talking about how Gared will likely die and the prophecy says him and Cotter will join the other 6 names I mentioned.

Comments

• Coldhands will kill him

• It's in the show continuity and Coldhands doesn't exist.

Coldhands will kill him

• Alt text

Drakonys posted: »

It's in the show continuity and Coldhands doesn't exist.

• Bloodraven still alive though.

• Not in the show

Bloodraven still alive though.

• Well the three-eyed raven is alive in the show I'm guessing it's still Bloodraven.

Clemenem posted: »

Not in the show

• Well, when I think of it, I really do not see a way of him getting to the North Grove AND back. I mean, if he will, that would be awesome.
    Although it's hard to play a guessing game and think of a decent theory until we know how exactly this North Grove works and how finding it will protect the House, yeah. Or maybe there is something I don't know?

• I'm taking a gander and saying that wasn't changed. The backstory bits on the Blue Ray seasons mention good old Brandon Rivers AKA the Bloodraven, so its established that he is a character in the backstory of the series. That, and, well, the books never came out and said he was the Bloodraven in the books, its just heavily hinted like all other mystery's in the books.

Well the three-eyed raven is alive in the show I'm guessing it's still Bloodraven.

• I wouldn't mind him dying. Honestly, I don't really care for him all that much. I just wanna see that freaking Ice Dragon that was teased in ep 3.

• Good point, I still haven't the faintest idea what it is or what it does, or how it will help. And that preview for episode 5 gives me the thought that perhaps, perhaps we shouldn't mess with ancient higher powers. Perhaps whoever goes there will die, simple as that, take your pick.

TuttaRw posted: »

Well, when I think of it, I really do not see a way of him getting to the North Grove AND back. I mean, if he will, that would be awesome.

• I don't agree with wanting to see him die, but I DO want that Ice Dragon! So many people believe its a metaphor, or Sylvi or anything that isn't a real dragon. Me? I think its real, I mean its already been stated to be a thing in the lore, so its not being pulled out of the ass dimension. It could be the guardian, I don't think it is the secret power of the North Grove, but the watch dog that protects it. Regardless, I want to see a dragon made of ice and snow that is three times larger then Drogon, has pale blue eyes and translucent wings, and can turn a man into a block of ice in a heartbeat with its breath.

A_Great_Guy posted: »

I wouldn't mind him dying. Honestly, I don't really care for him all that much. I just wanna see that freaking Ice Dragon that was teased in ep 3.

• Gared might live if he survives long enough for Jon to be named Lord Commander.

• edited June 2015

Pretty sure Gared and his buddies are gonna die by the end, after their mission in the North Grove is done, they have nowhere to go.

Perhaps beheaded by Lord Snow himself. That'd be a way to go.

Really, everything in the north is out to get them. The Night's Watch, the Wildlings, the White Walkers.

If they survive somehow, they're the luckiest blokes in the Seven Kingdoms.

• Yeah, its not a question IF they are going to die, its WHAT will get them. Rangers looking for deserters? Vengeful Wildlings? White Walkers hell bent on killing everything human? Nature itself? Something mystical like the North Grove? Ice Dragon? So many things to die from, so little time to choose. But if they somehow beat the odds, which have to be in the negatives, then they are officially the most badass characters to ever live. Fuck Jon Snow and Arthur Dayne, they should make story's and songs about Gared the Great!

FishySticks posted: »

Pretty sure Gared and his buddies are gonna die by the end, after their mission in the North Grove is done, they have nowhere to go. Perh

• edited June 2015

I think Gared's friends are all going to die, but that he might make it.

It depends on whether or not he can survive long enough for Jon to be named Lord Commander and for the alliance with the Wildings. If he can last that long he has a chance not to end up executed for desertion. The fact that he now has two Wildling companions might also work out in his favor in the short term. Being killed by Wildlings might now be less a concern than being killed by the Night's Watch or by White Walkers / Wights.

• But that is an entire season away, and every season is roughly give or take a year. So Gared has to survive north of the Wall in Wildling/White Walker territory for an entire year to even have a fighting chance of surviving? I don't like those odds.

Scaeva posted: »

I think Gared's friends are all going to die, but that he might make it. It depends on whether or not he can survive long enough for Jon

• What if the Season ends with a playable Rodrik beheading Gared for desertion?

• What if next season Gandalf shows up like, "I had giant eagles the whole time lol"?

What if the Season ends with a playable Rodrik beheading Gared for desertion?

• Yeah, what if that?

Then, suddenly, Chewbacca is all like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr3sBks5o_8

• edited June 2015

Then, suddenly, Chewbacca is all like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr3sBks5o_8

What if next season Gandalf shows up like, "I had giant eagles the whole time lol"?

• edited June 2015
    I wouldn't mind Gared dying.

:'(

http://youtu.be/vodd6C5ryUU

• edited June 2015

I wasn't even trying to make a joke though. Coldhands doesn't exist in the show...sadly.

• I would love to see an Ice Dragon. As long as D&D plan not to put it in the show, they should let Telltale run (or fly) with it

I don't agree with wanting to see him die, but I DO want that Ice Dragon! So many people believe its a metaphor, or Sylvi or anything that

• I always just thought the north grove was a grove of ironwood trees in the north. And the reason for keeping it safe and "the north grove must never be lost" was for if the Whitehills cut down all the ironwood trees, then they can get seeds for more from the north grove.

Good point, I still haven't the faintest idea what it is or what it does, or how it will help. And that preview for episode 5 gives me the

• I don't WANT him dead, but i wouldn't shed a tear over it. The way his story is unfolding, it's the only possible end for him.

Yeah, the way they've been described and what they can do. Makes them sound like the mafuckin shit!

I don't agree with wanting to see him die, but I DO want that Ice Dragon! So many people believe its a metaphor, or Sylvi or anything that

• I think Mance Rayder lived for a long time after he betrayed the Night's Watch it seems that way but I can't remember if it actually says how long ago it was so maybe Gared will get lucky... real lucky for a while at least.

• Wait a second... i am an idiot! I didn't get the joke mostly because it wasn't that funny to me and secondly sarcasm is a pretty hard thing to grasp on the Internet.

Drakonys posted: »

I wasn't even trying to make a joke though. Coldhands doesn't exist in the show...sadly.

• edited June 2015

Might be. But imho it's just too much mystery around it to simply be another ironwood forrest. I mean, whoever you ask. they claim it's a fairytale, not explaining what the fairytale is about, and back in the preview, Sylvi was talking about it as if it was something bigger than that.

It is some sort of citadel, isn't it? I wasn't really paying much attention to Duncan at that moment, haha x)

Shadusnox posted: »

I always just thought the north grove was a grove of ironwood trees in the north. And the reason for keeping it safe and "the north grove mu

• Graphic novel shows his left eye getting cut out by a sword.

Bloodraven still alive though.

• I think it has to do with the title of the sixth episode: "The Ice Dragon", but i dont see an fucking Ice Dragon flying around Ironrath fighting the Whitehills or the Boltons or something, sorry for my bad english.

TuttaRw posted: »

Might be. But imho it's just too much mystery around it to simply be another ironwood forrest. I mean, whoever you ask. they claim it's a fa

• Oh, it definitely has, since it says on the map that the North Grove is located "beneath the watchful eye of the Ice Dragon". I'm not sure if it's an actual dragon though. However, I don't see why not.
    Ice Dragon circling Highpoint? Now that I'd love to see :D

Your English is okay for me, it's not my native language either :)

LeoScottLee posted: »

I think it has to do with the title of the sixth episode: "The Ice Dragon", but i dont see an fucking Ice Dragon flying around Ironrath fighting the Whitehills or the Boltons or something, sorry for my bad english.

• He still died. He may not die soon hell maybe not even in the game but pre mature death is imminent.

I think Mance Rayder lived for a long time after he betrayed the Night's Watch it seems that way but I can't remember if it actually says how long ago it was so maybe Gared will get lucky... real lucky for a while at least.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.