Unpopular Opinions Thread - Game of Thrones Edition

Comments

• And also 'cause I liked Renly

I actually didn't realize how much better of a person Renly was than Stannis until Brienne told that story about him in the most recent episode. I still love my boy Stannis, though.

Miklaus posted: »

* Even if I'm enjoying it, I find Gared's story the most boring one. * There's something in Beskha that I don't trust. I'd choose Malcolm o

• I'm interested to see where it goes.

Am I the only person that is interested in SHOW Dorne Storyline?

• The problem for me is that, as I've said, I don't like any of the Martells save Oberyn. But more specifically, I don't like how they've combined Arianne and Ellaria's characters. They aren't even close to similar. In doing so, they've just made Ellaria into another of the many Martells who act without thinking. When I was reading ADWD and I got to the chapter where she questioned when the cycle of revenge would end, how she just wanted the killing to stop. It was heartbreaking, because even if I wanted vengeance to be had against all of the assholes in the series, I agreed with her. When will the killing stop? It really stuck a chord with me. So to me, it was not a smart idea to take the arc where it's going. They say that once the entire series is out, everyone will understand, but I don't exactly have faith in that.

Am I the only person that is interested in SHOW Dorne Storyline?

• I kinda like the Whitehills and want to see more of them.
    The Lannisters are my favorite House.
    Sansa is one of my favorite characters.
    I'm a bit sad that they dropped the Iron Islands from the show, as I really like Asha/Yara.
    Stannis doesn't interest me that much. Don't think his plot is going anywhere important.
    The first guy to play Daario was better, the other guy is too much of a generic handsome-beardyman.
    i wish the Hound had beaten Brienne--don't hate Brienne but I prefer Clegane way more.
    Catelyn and Quentyn are my least favorite characters.
    Tywin Lannister is one of my favorite characters.
    And finally...

...Hodor is overrated. runs

• It is a stereotype. People automatically relate death and despair for Game of Thrones. Is it a key element in the story? Yeah, but that's not all there is to it.

Compared to all other TT games that have relatively good endings

Please explain how Walking Dead Season 1 was a "good ending"

Mariana238 posted: »

Compared to all other TT games that have relatively good endings, I want this one to be bad for a change. It being GOT, its the perfect oppo

• Ellaria hardly is a character in the books, she is practically nothing more than that one speech everyone keeps going on about now that there wont be it...

TabbyLover posted: »

The problem for me is that, as I've said, I don't like any of the Martells save Oberyn. But more specifically, I don't like how they've comb

• Still, if they were going to alter her character this much, they might as well have just never included her to begin with (as you say, she wasn't much of a character) and simply gone with Arianne. I don't care for her and her poor decision making at all, but that's my take on it.

Ellaria hardly is a character in the books, she is practically nothing more than that one speech everyone keeps going on about now that there wont be it...

• In a later ADWD chapter, around when Ser Balon Swann comes to Sunspear, Ellaria says how tired she is of the killing and revenge. It was a great speech, even if Ellaria wasn't there much beforehand.

What speech?

• What speech?

Ellaria hardly is a character in the books, she is practically nothing more than that one speech everyone keeps going on about now that there wont be it...

• Oh, that speech. Thanks.

TabbyLover posted: »

In a later ADWD chapter, around when Ser Balon Swann comes to Sunspear, Ellaria says how tired she is of the killing and revenge. It was a great speech, even if Ellaria wasn't there much beforehand.

• It's because the death and despair is what sets it apart from other TV shows popular today. Not many are like it in that regard, so that's what its known for. Yes, it isn't constant death and despair, but being what makes it different to other TV shows of course that's one of the reasons its thought of as such.

Clem was still alive, Lee got a hero's death speech etc. By good I don't mean a happy ending, I mean the characters where somewhat fulfilled in it.

It is a stereotype. People automatically relate death and despair for Game of Thrones. Is it a key element in the story? Yeah, but that's no

• edited May 2015

GRRM has talked about "bittersweet" ending so that's probably what the game should go for too. Then again if the story of Forresters continues in a second season then we wont even have the absolute ending yet.

In that case a good ending for this season could be for example that the situation at Ironrath is desperate, but Mira and Asher's endings bring hope. This kinda ending has often been the case with endings of the TV show's seasons.

Mariana238 posted: »

It's because the death and despair is what sets it apart from other TV shows popular today. Not many are like it in that regard, so that's w

• I like the gay sex scenes in the show, they are fu*king HILARIOUS

• Alt text

JazzyTheMan posted: »

Got to love Baelish... the magnificent bastard.

• I ship Petyr & Sansa.... please don't kill me

• edited May 2015

I agree. They seemed way too close just to be twins. I feel like there was something between them

Siblings can be very close. Ethan and Talia didn't come close to crossing any sort of line, and there was definitely not any sign of romance between the two. I think that if Telltale actually wanted some sort of romance between the two, they would have made it a little more blatant. There just isn't really any sort of evidence that Ethan and Talia were anything more than brother and sister. Their relationship wasn't anything out of the ordinary.

Barthanax posted: »

I agree. They seemed way too close just to be twins. I feel like there was something between them, especially when reinforced with Ramsay saying, ''just like the Queen and her brother. Well, not exactly like them.''

• Oberyn is cool and all, but I don't understand the huge fan following he has. He barely had any screentime/character development/plot in comparison to the other characters, and pretty much the only time he was actually important was during Tyrion's trial by combat.

• edited May 2015

No they didn't. They seemed as close as any two siblings. They didn't even hug, for Christ's sake.

I agree. They seemed way too close just to be twins. I feel like there was something between them, especially when reinforced with Ramsay saying, ''just like the Queen and her brother. Well, not exactly like them.''

• But then that wouldn't add up with Talia having her obvious crush on Gared. I mean, she gave him the necklace her late father had given her and Ethan and she and Duncan were the only ones who actually went to say goodbye to him.

• edited May 2015

HODOR! >:C

ranger563 posted: »

I kinda like the Whitehills and want to see more of them. The Lannisters are my favorite House. Sansa is one of my favorite characters. I

• edited May 2015

And that matters how? Telltale and GoT don't blatantly yell out Cersei and Jaime have sex to all of Westeros. Only a few people do know (excluding viewers of the show and readers of the books.) so why would they outright say Talia and Ethan would be? It's an UNPOPULAR opinion and I agree that they may have had something going on.

JakeSt123 posted: »

No they didn't. They seemed as close as any two siblings. They didn't even hug, for Christ's sake.

• It could have been. You don't hear Cersei and Jaime saying, ''We have sex even though we're siblings.''

Stupid argument I know, but this is an UNpopular opinions thread.

Belan posted: »

I agree. They seemed way too close just to be twins. I feel like there was something between them Siblings can be very close. Ethan

• You bring up a valid point. Nonetheless, this is an unpopular opinion that I agree with.

That1Guy posted: »

But then that wouldn't add up with Talia having her obvious crush on Gared. I mean, she gave him the necklace her late father had given her and Ethan and she and Duncan were the only ones who actually went to say goodbye to him.

• We see that Jaime and Cersei have an obvious romantic relationship though. There isn't anything ambiguous about it, and they openly speak of it. As far as Ethan and Talia go, none of their interactions hint at romance. It's a completely 100% normal brother-sister relationship.

It could have been. You don't hear Cersei and Jaime saying, ''We have sex even though we're siblings.'' Stupid argument I know, but this is an UNpopular opinions thread.

• Well that only tells how amazing the character was, and Pedro Pascal portraying him - he became such a big hit with so small amount of screentime.

dinofire posted: »

Oberyn is cool and all, but I don't understand the huge fan following he has. He barely had any screentime/character development/plot in com

• Why do you hate Talia? Just curious...

torkahn808 posted: »

Okay. Game * I hate Ethan so much and I wish his death was even worse than it was. * I love the Whitehills. * Ramsay Bolton is a s

• This is why I dislike Duncan. He asks a lot of Garad and does not mind putting his life at risk which contradicts a lot of what he says about caring for him. His loyalty seems to be to the late Lord Gregory more than his real family. I feel his actions are a bit cowardly. He could have just gone to find the north grove himself. Garad would have been more useful staying behind.

Belan posted: »

Did he though? We don't really know that. Duncan was just making an assumption. Nothing was even discussed with the Boltons on the matter of

• Me too :3

I ship Petyr & Sansa.... please don't kill me

• I cheer for Stannis for no reason other than me liking Davos and Shireen. I mean, with Shireen being the queen, Westeros' literacy rates would skyrocket.

Also, Bran is the best candidate for king, with him actually being half decent at being a lord from what we saw back in Winterfell.

• Bran is more interested in flying...

That1Guy posted: »

I cheer for Stannis for no reason other than me liking Davos and Shireen. I mean, with Shireen being the queen, Westeros' literacy rates wou

• Because they are both blonde with round faces?

Pipas posted: »

I think Asher and Gwyn Whitehill are TWINS! Now honestly, why would you think that?

• I don't hate show!Dorne and the storyline there :D Finally figured what is my unpopular opinion :p

• edited May 2015

You have to admit, that scene with the Sand Snakes last episode was pretty awkwardly written and filmed and the acting was pretty bad in some spots. I'm very surprised that scene got approved.

I don't hate show!Dorne and the storyline there Finally figured what is my unpopular opinion

• It was very bad.....

You have to admit, that scene with the Sand Snakes last episode was pretty awkwardly written and filmed and the acting was pretty bad in some spots. I'm very surprised that scene got approved.

• edited May 2015

Lame way to introduce Sand Snakes? Yeah. So terrible scene as everyone claims it to be? Nah.

But as I said, unpopular opinion.

• Got some new opinions after last episode.

Rodrick's storyline - I hate Elaene with passion, I'd rather marry a dead horse. Arthur is funny, but I have a feeling that he is going to betray me. Not only I like Whitehills - I LOVE every one of them, and feel sorry for their house, and will do whatever it takes to make peace between them and Forresters. I'd like Gwyn to marry Rodrick or Asher, I also want want to see what Torrhen is like. And Talia is ten times cooler that Arya Stark.

Asher's storyline - I hate Daenerys, she is just the biggest bitch of all times. I haven't watched the whole series, but I feel like there she is just the same. She isn't that terrible in the books though. I like Beskha, but I hope she won't be that reckless again. Croft is the cutest character in the whole game.

Gared's storyline - though I still like Finn, he slightly annoys me. Also, after I got to know, that Britt dies no matter what (it was a bit earlier than I had a chance to play the episode) I was grateful to him for giving me a reason to desert without betraying Jon's trust or breaking the vows, but I still was very upset for not being able to save him. I literally felt like shit for next couple of days, though I did my best to prevent him from dying.

Mira's storyline - I pray for all the gods to give Sera and Tarwick a happy end. Seriously, one good marriage won't ruin ASOIAF universe, but wil make me very, VERY happy. Also, I'm very confused about the sellswords Andros is hiring for Ludd. As far as I am concerned, when arranging it Ludd didn't know about Asher hiring sellswords in Essos or Glenmores backing Forresters up. So why would he need to spend so much gold for hiring an army to fight against the house which is literally headed for destruction even without his "help"? I really feel that something isn't right here and I'm eager to find out what.

• Maybe mentioned before but I hate the Stark family, maybe no Jon but hes not 100% Stark anyways. They dug their own graves with their dumb mistakes. Sansa and Ned are an especially good examples of this.

• My new one -

Rodrik's storyline is overrated. Other than Ep2, I've honestly found his scenes to be my least favorite in the episodes. Doesn't mean he's not an entirely bad character though.

• We should start a petition for playable Torrhen in Season 2!

Krapinka posted: »

Got some new opinions after last episode. Rodrick's storyline - I hate Elaene with passion, I'd rather marry a dead horse. Arthur is funn

• Season 5 (which isn't even fucking over yet) is not the worst season of the show - season 2 is.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.