could frostfinger be working with whitehill

edited June 2015 in Game Of Thrones

i mean it seemed suspicious that he would sentence Gared to death even though fin says it was self defense, could it be possible that frostfinger sent Britt to kill gared and since he wasnt successful in doing that he sentenced Gared to death?

Comments

• I doubt it.

• I wouldn't say he was working for them per se, but I think it's possible he was a former Whitehill before he came to the Wall. That would explain why he was so harsh to Gared from the moment he came and why he wants him executed so bad after the incident with Britt. Former loyalties and such.

• Frostfinger is a man who hasn't seen a woman in years, had lost two fingers to the cold, and has half the face that is probably gonna follow them pretty soon. Plus, he has to deals with criminals and shitheads, preventing them from killing eachother everyday.
    Was i in his place, i would be pissed too

I wouldn't say he was working for them per se, but I think it's possible he was a former Whitehill before he came to the Wall. That would ex

• What makes you so sure he hasn't seen a woman in years? Mole's Town? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

But in all seriousness, while that is true, it is a little bit outrageous he won't even listen if Finn comes to your defense. Plus, contradicting himself at one point.

Endrik posted: »

Frostfinger is a man who hasn't seen a woman in years, had lost two fingers to the cold, and has half the face that is probably gonna follow

• That would be really stupid.

• edited June 2015

Well Finn saying it was self defense is determinant, he does that based on your choices, there are versions where he sells you out and says you attacked Britt. Gared getting sentenced is just one of those things that needs to happen for the sake of the plot, Finn choosing to either defend you or sell you out is just there to make you like/hate him a bit more.

• highly doubt it, frost fingers role in the series is over.

• Fuck Frostfinger. He's inconsistent in his beliefs and seems WAY to eager to execute Gared-- which I still don't understand. Why did he want Gared dead? From the moment he met him, he talked about how he was a killer and would likely die. Seems to be that he held the typical Bolton/Whitehill beliefs.

• Please, make a spoiler tag in the title and add a spoiler in the thread. You are spoiling it for new players.

• No Frostfinger wanted Gared dead for killing Britt it's as simple as that any other man in charge (Jon Snow being the exception) would've done the same, the men of the nights watch aren't known for being reasonable.

• edited June 2015

I always though that Frostfinger was being an hard-arse on his recruits to prepare them for what's coming, i had few gym teachers like that so i wasn't really thinking that he was an arsehole. The brief grin that he gave Tuttle if he succeeds the sword fighting test in Episode 2 looked like pride to me but he really wanted Tuttle dead for some reason. At least Thorne had some reason to have it in for Jon considering the fact that he is in the NW for his Targaryen loyalism and that the Starks played a huge part in Aerys' demise.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.