*EP 4 SPOILERS* Who do you think...

2»

Comments

• His hate to the white hills is too genuine for it to be him.

brbsmoking posted: »

better not Royland... better not him...

• Speaking of Mama Forrester, an unused line has her saying that she herself killed all the ravens I'm pretty sure.

• After Ep4, I can really only see Duncan being the traitor as of right now. But even that seems a bit far fetched. Why would he have his nephew risk his life to go after something that could save their House if he's planning on tearing it down anyway?

• Not really. The killing of Ludd was non canon and him killing Gryff would actually benefit him. If Rodrik kills Gryff the Whitehills will come down on Forresters' heads. Royland could offer Rodrik and Elissa for peace with the Whitehills. With Ethan, Elissa, Ryon and Rodrik dead, Asher in Mereen and Mira in King's Landing, Talia would be the only Forrester left in Ironrath. Being Master At Arms and ending the war with the Whitehills, the small folk will choose him over Duncan or even Talia as acting lord.

His hate to the white hills is too genuine for it to be him.

• As far fetched as this might sound, if Duncan is the traitor; maybe there are multiple reasons for him sending Gared to the wall!

1) He knows Gared is loyal to house Forester and worries that he will just get in the way of his plans, he might for instance discover that he is in fact a traitor and expose him to house Forester.

2) He wants everyone to think that he has made a major sacrifice for house Forester and also make Gared believe this too.

3) Sending Gared to find the North Grove is a back up plan, if it is an iron wood grove; then finding and maybe collecting some seeds would come in handy; in case the Whitehills manage to destroy it all (i.e. use all of it). If Gared dies, then the only thing he has lost is a pawn. If Gared succeeds, then this particular back up plan has worked.

After Ep4, I can really only see Duncan being the traitor as of right now. But even that seems a bit far fetched. Why would he have his nephew risk his life to go after something that could save their House if he's planning on tearing it down anyway?

• An unused line? I recall her saying that in my playthrough, and yes, that's what made me a little supicious.

That1Guy posted: »

Speaking of Mama Forrester, an unused line has her saying that she herself killed all the ravens I'm pretty sure.

• Yes really. Royland is the ONLY one that can be 100% ruled out. I'd believe Rodrick or Mira was the traitor before Royland. He has nothing to gain from it and the Forresters are the ONLY thing he has left. I never doubted his loyalty and I became even more certain of it when he was willing to fight Gryff and his garrison by himself.

Clemenem posted: »

Not really. The killing of Ludd was non canon and him killing Gryff would actually benefit him. If Rodrik kills Gryff the Whitehills will co

• I hate that their "elite" guard only kills Ludd and Gwyn while killing zero of the armed men in the room.

Actually Arthur killed Ludd in my playtheough not Royland. Though it still rules Royland out

• I'm really not sure where people keep pulling this out of their asses, but if Royland is truly the traitor, then that is some Littlefinger-level bullshit right there from the Petyr Baelish school of Manipulation. Here's a true fact: Royland is a Lord.

Not really. The killing of Ludd was non canon and him killing Gryff would actually benefit him. If Rodrik kills Gryff the Whitehills will co

• I don't think Gryff even knows he's the spy, that's why he is beating him up or maybe (Put on your tinfoil hats folks) it was a ploy to trick Rodrick into thinking the maester isn't the spy because he's beating him up.

Poogers555 posted: »

Duncan. I dont think Gryff is an idiot to beat up his own spy. And Royland keeps trying to tell Rodrick to kill the Whitehills.

• At least somebody noticed.

Jpork18 posted: »

It was the soldier Talia bit in the last episode

• edited July 2015

@evebooo There are two variation for title lord in Westeros - title for governor and honorary title. Tyrion and Varys for example are two addressed as lords but they are hoding no provinces. So there are two options one that maester used words My lord in way I ve just explained or second that he meant Rodrik who walked into the hall.

• edited July 2015

Ludd doesnt strike me as genius but I dont think he is that stupid. If there is spy then he would tell Gryff about him.

That's why the writers had Gryff beat the maester up. To draw suspicion away from him and fool you into discounting him. I doubt Gryff even

• @Katalept When did she say that line - "except the one you put in a cage, somewhere"?

• edited July 2015

Duncan is the traitor. Dont forget that he was dealling with Whitehills behind our backs, he was missing when Gryff first time showed up and dont forget that Gryff said that he (Duncan ) is his "dog".

• Yeha I also sadly got this :P I was just not thinking whan I played this part ah ah

But yeah this is why I think Duncan and Ser Royland are not the traitors. I think it's the maester and we had a scene where he was getting beaten up just to try and take us of track

MichaelBP posted: »

I don't think it's Duncan. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWeOPUGpHp8

• I think it's the Maestar, that's why it doesn't matter who you bring with you or levae guarding the house in episode 4... Telltale made him get beatten up just to take us of track about him, But Gryff just problably didn't knew or cared that he was a spy.

Telltale think they are outsmarting us, but I've seen the usual suspects too manny times to get fouled bt another Keyser Soze :P

• Actually, I think he's smart enough to know that withholding that information from Gryff is probably for the best.

Ludd doesnt strike me as genius but I dont think he is that stupid. If there is spy then he would tell Gryff about him.

• I would help to figure out what the traitors motivations are. Is he working for the Whitehills or the Boltons? Also what does the traitor want that he can't get through house Forrester?

• Maester. I still want to think it's the Whitehill child that went to the Citadel, may not be but it could be.

• That actually could make sense if he is ludds son. The citadel could have planned that out, so the two house could finally make peace with eachother.

Maester. I still want to think it's the Whitehill child that went to the Citadel, may not be but it could be.

• Thank you, people all the time say "Why would the Citadel send him where he wanted to go?" or "Why would the Citadel send a maester from a rival house to the rival house?"

That actually could make sense if he is ludds son. The citadel could have planned that out, so the two house could finally make peace with eachother.

• Watching that axe get lodged into his forehead was so satisfying, the closest thing we'll get to avenging Ethan's death, too bad it was a non-canon dead end decision.

I wouldn't like this part of the story if Duncan/Royland were the traitors unless it was done really well... I still suspect Mommy Forres

• I was referring to the "I killed all the ravens myself" (or something like that) line, which was actually used.
    What I thought in response to Lady Forrester's line was, "except the one you put in a cage, somewhere".

@Katalept When did she say that line - "except the one you put in a cage, somewhere"?

• She couldn't know what the council was planning to do if there weren't a traitor.

I maintain the theory that there is no traitor and Gwyn is a lieing cunt.

• dont forget about Talia... you never know what she was doing with Snow

Sign in to comment in this discussion.