Unpopular Opinions Thread - Game of Thrones Edition

Comments

• edited June 2015

Show/Books- I hate the Starks, they're boring as hell and I wish they'd all die. The only Stark I can stand is Sansa. I think the warging thing is unoriginal (as a plot). As it got rid of two Starks, the Red Wedding wasn't a bad moment for me.
    Also, I think the show is dumbed-down, heavy-handed crap and I think the writers are incompetent and seem to assume their viewers are complete idiots. I hope the show gets taken off tv asap.

I've no unpopular opinions about the game. I love the game.

• Actually, if season two will continue the story of Forresters with Whitehills, Glenmores etc. still around, it would be interesting for me to play as a Whitehill. We haven't seen Torrhen so far - so why the hell not?)

ranger563 posted: »

We should start a petition for playable Torrhen in Season 2!

• edited June 2015

It'd be good to have a POV in Winterfell, considering what's happening in the show right now.

Torrhen has to be voiced by Troy Baker, cos Gwyn is Laura Bailey and it'd complete the TFTBL voice-actor set.

Krapinka posted: »

Actually, if season two will continue the story of Forresters with Whitehills, Glenmores etc. still around, it would be interesting for me to play as a Whitehill. We haven't seen Torrhen so far - so why the hell not?)

• edited June 2015

The only Stark I can stand is Sansa.

Hating starks is unpopular in itself but that reallly is, why do you just like sansa but not the rest?

Platypuses posted: »

Show/Books- I hate the Starks, they're boring as hell and I wish they'd all die. The only Stark I can stand is Sansa. I think the warging th

• POV at Winterfell? Well, maybe Ramsay will like Rodrick so much, that he'll make him Reek the Second and take to Winterfell with him...

ranger563 posted: »

It'd be good to have a POV in Winterfell, considering what's happening in the show right now. Torrhen has to be voiced by Troy Baker, cos Gwyn is Laura Bailey and it'd complete the TFTBL voice-actor set.

• i don't care about Theon's storyline
    it think Ramsay is quite funny
    Mira is a waste of time so is Beskha
    I can't stand Finn

• Mira's been my favourite protagonist to play so far since the beginning. I love Asher, Rodrik, and Gared, but I always get excited when it's Mira's turn.

• The game is better than the show.

• I think Daenerys is gonna end up like her father.

• edited June 2015

I don't feel like that's so unpopular anymore lol, I've seen so many book readers tired of the show and agree that the game is better. I like the game more than the show too at this point because it's a new story, but I still like the books the best

The game is better than the show.

• The game sucks compared to the show.

• Why didn't you just reply to the comment above that was already discussing something along those lines...?

The game sucks compared to the show.

• I just said my unpopular opinion (well, unpopular here at least), isn't that what this thread is for?

Why didn't you just reply to the comment above that was already discussing something along those lines...?

• If that means dead then I'm happy.

I think Daenerys is gonna end up like her father.

• Yes, I just don't get why you didn't just add to the discussion above on this topic

I just said my unpopular opinion (well, unpopular here at least), isn't that what this thread is for?

• I'm assuming for the lulz, or mayhap he didn't want to seem attacking your comment?

Yes, I just don't get why you didn't just add to the discussion above on this topic

• Not dead exactly, but insane.

If that means dead then I'm happy.

• It is a proven scientific fact that this GIF is far more enjoyable while listening to a Mannis™ approved soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLG1ys2CGcI

Hail to king, baby.

• Stannis is still the Mannis.

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited June 2015

Alt text

Alt text

Hail to king, baby.

Stannis is still the Mannis.

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited June 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwcGwV7UG1w

STANNIS THE MANNIS, THE ONE TRUE KING

It is a proven scientific fact that this GIF is far more enjoyable while listening to a Mannis™ approved soundtrack. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLG1ys2CGcI

• Alt text

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwcGwV7UG1w STANNIS THE MANNIS, THE ONE TRUE KING

• I believe we should create a thread praising Stannis the Mannis.

• I believe we should create a thread praising Stannis the Mannis.

• I guess this is a deadly unpopular opinion, but I can't say I truly hate Stannis to the level most people do. Yes its terrible, and yes I lost a great deal of respect, but I am not going out of my way to see him burn. He won't rule, not now anyway, but to see so many people rooting for the Bolton's now, that just shocks me. Burning your child is a horrible thing, but is it really worse then four seasons of flaying, backstabbing, hunting human's, sadistic torture, cutting off people's private parts, stabbing children, flaying family's, and raping people? Seriously, what is wrong with people. So yes, I am not actively wanting Stannis to die, I get where he came from, but it was still awful. I want him to beat the Bolton's, force feed Ramsay his own intestines or dick, and then whatever happens is beyond my care. That I feel is fair... BUT... that witch needs to burn burn burn! I never knew what to think of her, now I know what to think, and that is hatred and misery. Final thought's on the matter is, it was an impossible choice, I get why it needed to happen, bad things must be done for good things to happen, but it doesn't relieve the sting from it at all.

• Maybe this will make him rethink his current bid for the throne and step back from it and instead support someone else? Just an idea your post gave me.

Also I agree 100%

I guess this is a deadly unpopular opinion, but I can't say I truly hate Stannis to the level most people do. Yes its terrible, and yes I l

• Perhaps, because now he is the only Baratheon left, once he dies, the family name goes with it. I hope so, even more so, I hope he regrets that choice, I really want to see him depressed in the next episode. It won't make up for it, but it will make him look better then everybody else that wants to rule. So much of my thought's lie on what happens next week, maybe i'll fully support him again, maybe i'll wish he dies, maybe he will. We shall see, but if I have but one wish, it is to see House Bolton itself flayed.

JazzyTheMan posted: »

Maybe this will make him rethink his current bid for the throne and step back from it and instead support someone else? Just an idea your post gave me. Also I agree 100%

• I loved Tywin Lannister.

Yes, dude yes ♡♥♡♥

I loved Tywin Lannister. Wish he'd stayed alive longer. Best character hands down for me. I also think Tyrion was unjustified in killing him

• I always get a pit in my stomach because I assume she's going to die for her antics.

quinnics posted: »

Mira's been my favourite protagonist to play so far since the beginning. I love Asher, Rodrik, and Gared, but I always get excited when it's Mira's turn.

• Me too. I've been worried ever since Morgryn said that it would be a shame "to see [her head] on the end of a pike." Seemed very foreboding in terms of writing.

I always get a pit in my stomach because I assume she's going to die for her antics.

• Aye, that it did. I hope she lives, but I hope all of the protagonists live really. Of course, I expect at least two of them to die.

quinnics posted: »

Me too. I've been worried ever since Morgryn said that it would be a shame "to see [her head] on the end of a pike." Seemed very foreboding in terms of writing.

• the other guy was just... i dont know i just didnt like him at all

the new Daario is muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch better than the old Daario. I agree with this one, anyway. More charismatic and hotter. Can't go wrong. :S

• i shipped petyr and catelyn... but not so much just like " have you given him something back then he wouldnt have turned out so crazy"....

I ship Petyr & Sansa.... please don't kill me

• ok lol

Platypuses posted: »

Show/Books- I hate the Starks, they're boring as hell and I wish they'd all die. The only Stark I can stand is Sansa. I think the warging th

• I LOVE DANY! FUCK YALL
    • fuck Robb, didnt care for him much and whatever his wife's name was. felt bad for her cuz she got slaughter with a kid but just that..
    • i think Red wedding was kinda funny and only cared for catelyn and felt sad for her. i only cried for Greywolf
    • i love ramsay, but he needs to die
      -fuck the books (not really but some should just quit whining to much)
  • The Red Wedding was hilarious to me, especially how they killed Catelyn.

jamex1223 posted: »

* I LOVE DANY! FUCK YALL * fuck Robb, didnt care for him much and whatever his wife's name was. felt bad for her cuz she got slaughter with

• AWESOMEOAWESOMEO Banned
    edited June 2015

Though there's way more to her character than you think, look at the latest book, and her realization of Quaithe's advice: "To go forward, I must go back" - she's going through a character arc.

JohnKersky posted: »

* Dany's character change "weak girl-powerful khaleesi" happened in like 2 lines in the books, which is the most awful and bad written chara

• not to me i cared a bit for her. the others ehhh. it was funny how the others wanted to get up but then bam! arrow to the neck, knife to the throat!

AWESOMEO posted: »

The Red Wedding was hilarious to me, especially how they killed Catelyn.

• edited June 2015
    1. I hate Margery
    2. Stannis is still the Mannis, All Hail King Stannis
    3. I enjoyed the death of Rob Stark and the his loyal banner men.
    1. Talia used to be cool but she's gotten really annoying lately (always getting in trouble)
    2. I'm still rooting for Stannis, he'd be a better ruler than the Lannisters or Dany
    3. Littlefinger is awesome and hands down the best player of the Game (went from a minor lord to Lord of the Vale to possible Warden of the North)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.