The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Two things! 1) Is it wrong that I like Homestuck now? 2) Is it wrong I think a game adaptation in a telltale games style will it?

• AWESOMEOAWESOMEO Banned
    edited June 2015

That's the thing; it only seems like the possibility is 50-50 because that's the instinctive conclusion that everyone makes, but if you look into it, your chance to win actually improves if you change your choice, statistically and logically.

Since your odds of losing are 2/3, switching will actually improve your chances to win.

Here, this video explains it pretty good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vRUxbzJZ9Y

The odds of your initial choice remain 1/3, while the odds of the remaining choice are 2/3. It's confusing, but it's really cool :P

Belan posted: »

I just looked it up, and played the game three times. The first time through, I stayed with my answer and won the game. The second and third

• Dafuq?

AWESOMEO posted: »

Anyone heard about The Monty Hall Problem? It really fucked up with my mind before I understood it.

• on Tumblr

Yeah... It DOES sound like that kind of argument. It's all a joke though. And no, Not on YouTube, on tumblr. XD

• Katie Holmes being hotter than Maggie Gyllenhaal? I completely disagree.

@Markd4547 http://whatculture.com/film/15-crazy-facts-just-accept-enjoy-dark-knight-trilogy.php/1 What do ya think?

• Alt text

papai46 posted: »

on Tumblr

• No and no.

JustinCage posted: »

Two things! 1) Is it wrong that I like Homestuck now? 2) Is it wrong I think a game adaptation in a telltale games style will it?

• I agree Maggie is hawt :'D

Saltlick123 posted: »

Katie Holmes being hotter than Maggie Gyllenhaal? I completely disagree.

• Alt text

This is all whining stuff I don't like ultra realism in films I get that every day of my life I to watch an adventure in a film with imagination and people should not get to obsessed over little details like that they still were awesome :)

@Markd4547 http://whatculture.com/film/15-crazy-facts-just-accept-enjoy-dark-knight-trilogy.php/1 What do ya think?

• I thought the only one that I agreed with was the one about the Joker being in the Dark Knight Rises, otherwise yeah. I loved Bane though.

Maybe the one about Harvey Dent in the Dark Knight, but you know, it was pretty good.

Markd4547 posted: »

This is all whining stuff I don't like ultra realism in films I get that every day of my life I to watch an adventure in a film with imagination and people should not get to obsessed over little details like that they still were awesome

• Happy one year anniversary bro

NoHopeLeft posted: »

Shit, I know it doesn't matter much, but I just realized my one year anniversary is tomorrow.

• Alt text

My Brother always talks to American girls on skype video voice chat with his camera

He was talking to this girl but basically just talking to himself for hours she just nods her head at everything he says

So I was walking past and suddenly he dragged me in to talk to this girl and we just stared at each other I had no idea who the hell this person was and the lag made it so slow and arkward to even interact

Me; Ok What's your fav Movie?

Her: Yes

Me: No what Movie do you like?

Her; Yeah

Me: what's America like?

Her: The notebook

Me: hmm alright what do you like about the notebook?

Her: Yeah

Alt text

I just looked up at my bro making his lunch with this look why u do dis? he smiled he knew how hard it was talking to this girl

When your friend suddenly brings you into a random group of people you never met before on Skype...

• No that's next week ;P

For a second I thought this was on marriage and was like 'Dafaq'.

• edited June 2015

No thanks for this tho I was gutted to about the joker to overall I still think it's an awesome trilogy

I thought the only one that I agreed with was the one about the Joker being in the Dark Knight Rises, otherwise yeah. I loved Bane though. Maybe the one about Harvey Dent in the Dark Knight, but you know, it was pretty good.

• damn bro :'/

My Brother always talks to American girls on skype video voice chat with his camera He was talking to this girl but basically just talkin

• edited June 2015

I must have damaged my brain at some point, because this is supposedly not all that difficult to understand, and yet I can't understand it at all.

Edit: Never mind, I was just being really, really, really slow for some reason.

That's the thing; it only seems like the possibility is 50-50 because that's the instinctive conclusion that everyone makes, but if you look

• Yay and yay!

No and no.

• edited June 2015

I'm just going to walk though my thinking here. At the start of the game, there is obviously a 1/3 chance of randomly, correctly guessing which door is concealing the car. There is a 2/3 chance that you're going to guess wrong on your first try, so for probability purposes, we'll say that you initially pick the wrong door (without knowing at the time, of course). After doing so, the host removes one of the other "wrong" answers, so that you are only left with two doors. Based off the fact that your initial choice was probably incorrect, there is a higher probability than not that the host was choosing between the car and a goat. Obviously the host can only remove wrong answers, so this means that the only remaining door has a higher probability of containing the car and holy shit never mind this makes sense now.

That's the thing; it only seems like the possibility is 50-50 because that's the instinctive conclusion that everyone makes, but if you look

• TDMshadowCP posted: »

Shia Lebeouf has a positive message for everyone https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgqKDTZmzQQ

• Not much difference in the main game, there are a few more charms I think, not really a big deal. But it does come with the six DLC missions and the city trials which is a collection on mini games.

Thanks I think the GOTY version is sold out tho is there much of a difference?

• I played the demo and now I have to played this game I love to be trolled tho :)

kaleion posted: »

Get Spec-Ops the story is pretty interesting, though be warned that the game is actively trying to piss you off.

• Thanks I think the GOTY version is sold out tho is there much of a difference?

Dishonored is really great, I suggest getting the GOTY edition with all the DLC.

• Thank you for telling me I'll see if I can get this but I'll also just want dishonored as soon as possible I'm so hyped so whatever version is there to get I'll buy but GOTY is preference if I can and not out of stock

Not much difference in the main game, there are a few more charms I think, not really a big deal. But it does come with the six DLC missions and the city trials which is a collection on mini games.

• @Markd4547 this song is pretty offensive to some people, particularly homosexuals, which I dislike, but man 'where the hood at?'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIeSGUK-Lyo

• I show no love, to homo thugs
    Empty out, reloaded and throw more slugs

Killing homosexuals wtf

this song is pretty offensive to some people homosexuals

Killing a man just because of his sexuality is offensive to everyone :P

His a good rapper and has a great flow but his choose of lyrics here are insane XD it was interesting :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB2_MmtMoIc

I love DMX this is my fav song

@Markd4547 this song is pretty offensive to some people, particularly homosexuals, which I dislike, but man 'where the hood at?' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIeSGUK-Lyo

• Do you even english.

Two things! 1) Is it wrong that I like Homestuck now? 2) Is it wrong I think a game adaptation in a telltale games style will it?

• Happy one year anniversary!

NoHopeLeft posted: »

Shit, I know it doesn't matter much, but I just realized my one year anniversary is tomorrow.

• Can i add ya on skype?

Happy one year anniversary!

• Hmm... okay. I just won't be on skype tonight, but I'll be accepting it soon as I can.

Can i add ya on skype?

• I think it will be an interesting addition, I would like to play that from telltale. I read the first act and it's strangely addicting.

• I think so, maybe. My grammar is just shit and all.

Do you even english.

• edited June 2015

I know right! I'm on act 5 and it's surprisingly well written!

I think it will be an interesting addition, I would like to play that from telltale. I read the first act and it's strangely addicting.

• beutiful..........................

blueneon posted: »

If you are kind enough, I would like you to give me honest critisism and tell me what you like and what you don't like, or what is wrong. Thank you for your time. ^-^

• Actually, I'm on the Telltale forums far more often than I'm on Tumblr. Hell, I've only had a Tumblr account for a week. and I just do not see the big deal.

on Tumblr

• As I said above,

Actually, I'm on the Telltale forums far more often than I'm on Tumblr. Hell, I've only had a Tumblr account for a week. and I just do not see the big deal.

In fact, I'm only on tumblr for 20 minutes at a time.

• Alt text

Her voice is so unique and beautiful plus this song is just adorable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ED3draHdB1E

Sign in to comment in this discussion.