how likely is it that this will happen in the season 5 finale?(book spoilers)

I was reading jon snows wiki and read that jon gets a brutal stabbing in a dance with dragons, how likely is it that this will happen in the season 5 finale?

Comments

• pray4jon

Im not a book reader btw,I read that at the wiki too xD

• Same here I mean I read some of the books, but for the most part I get all the info from wikia lol.

Tolispro posted: »

pray4jon Im not a book reader btw,I read that at the wiki too xD

• edited June 2015

I say it is 99% likely that Olly or the whole night's watch "kill" him.(likely he won't stay dead). I remember like 6 month's back that Kit Harrington cut his hair so that was my first hint.(I believe he isn't aloud to cut his hair while he is playing Jon Snow)

• I swear I'll stop watching the show if he dies.Im not a fanboy but they killed Ned,catelyn,robb..Jon's the last character that I care for.I couldn't give a shit about Arya and the stark boys are nowhere to be found.My favourite characters are what keeps me interested in a show and with all the starks gone,well...

Same here I mean I read some of the books, but for the most part I get all the info from wikia lol.

• He isn't, he is under contract so he isn't allowed to do that, that is not a good sign. Yeah, For the Watch, that is likely to happen in the finale. Now, as to if it will be the final scene or not, I have no idea, but it will happen, that much is clear.

I say it is 99% likely that Olly or the whole night's watch "kill" him.(likely he won't stay dead). I remember like 6 month's back that Kit

• I hope the show does the whole sequence well. They've included Wun Wun so things are looking good for the ol' stabby stabby scene.

I should probably say that I hope Jon stays dead. Too much reincarnation going on, in the books at least. Who's next to come back Oberyn?

• he's not even a stark.....

(R+L=j)

I swear I'll stop watching the show if he dies.Im not a fanboy but they killed Ned,catelyn,robb..Jon's the last character that I care for.I

• He would still be a Stark lol

Sarson posted: »

he's not even a stark..... (R+L=j)

• Nope he's a Snow obviously :)

He would still be a Stark lol

• It's definitely going to happen. There was too much focus on Olly whole season. I bet he'll get the final stab.

• Who stabbed Jon in the books?

I hope the show does the whole sequence well. They've included Wun Wun so things are looking good for the ol' stabby stabby scene. I shou

• The whole Night's Watch I believe.

Who stabbed Jon in the books?

• I think first stab was Bowen Marsh but he isn't even in the show. Actually I don't think it's anyone from the show.

Who stabbed Jon in the books?

• Something that has really worried me about this scene, is that in the books Millisandre is at Castle Black when it happens. So in the books it's safe to assume she will revive him, but in the show, she is by Winterfell, a good day or two away.

• edited June 2015

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Bowen_Marsh

"Marsh participates in the Choosing of the 998th Lord Commander of the Night's Watch. He stands among Alliser Thorne's supporters, and fails to applaud or cheer when Jon Snow is elected.[3]

At a later meeting in the Night's Watch, Marsh sits alongside Jon, Thorne and First Builder Othell Yarwyck and openly opposes Jon's proposal to allow the wildlings access through the Wall to settle in the Seven Kingdoms or even join the Watch itself. Samwell Tarly cites The Gift as a good place for the wildlings to settle since it has good farmland but is deserted, but Marsh reminds him that this is because the wildlings practically slaughtered everyone on their way to attack Castle Black under Mance Rayder, using Olly's family and people as an example."

He doesn't seem to like Jon :S

I think first stab was Bowen Marsh but he isn't even in the show. Actually I don't think it's anyone from the show.

• Ha okay well I never heard him named in the show but yeah, I just read that part of the book to make sure and Wick cuts Jon but Jon gets the knife from him, then Marsh stabs him in the gut. It doesn't say who stabs him the next two times.

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Bowen_Marsh "Marsh participates in the Choosing of the 998th Lord Commander of the Night's Watch. He

• edited June 2015

Well,if Jon dies there's literally no one to avenge the Starks.(Rickon and Brand are too young,Sansa might even die in the battle of winterfell and arya is busy with selling mussels and mopping the floor) Even the way they die makes it sadder.Eddard stark was falsely accused a traitor,Robb Stark was betrayed and murdered in a wedding,Jon Snow will be betrayed by his own brothers(I hope not.)This is so sad and unfair dude,I cant handle it :(

"The Starks aren't there for us to root for, the Starks are there for us to mourn."

Ha okay well I never heard him named in the show but yeah, I just read that part of the book to make sure and Wick cuts Jon but Jon gets the knife from him, then Marsh stabs him in the gut. It doesn't say who stabs him the next two times.

• It'll happen, along with Cersei's politically/emotionally crushing walk of shame.

• AWESOMEOAWESOMEO Banned
    edited June 2015

Nah, he's a Targ if the theory is true and they got married - meaning he'd be legitimate.

I think they're building it up like that so we'll see their wedding in sight of the Old Gods (in front of a weirwood tree) in one of Bran's visions.

He would still be a Stark lol

• I don't see how a favorite character's death would make someone stop watching a show, I'll never stop watching a show just because someone I liked died :b

I swear I'll stop watching the show if he dies.Im not a fanboy but they killed Ned,catelyn,robb..Jon's the last character that I care for.I

• I believe there's still hope for the Starks, Arya (despite what she's trying to do) still holds onto her identity and didn't give up on it fully (hiding Needle etc.), I don't think Sansa will die, and we still have Rickon.

Also, Jon will probably live (by being reborn).

Well,if Jon dies there's literally no one to avenge the Starks.(Rickon and Brand are too young,Sansa might even die in the battle of winterf

• It'll happen

Stop.You're tearing my heart apart :'(

Alt text

Incase one gif wasnt enough:

Alt text

AWESOMEO posted: »

It'll happen, along with Cersei's politically/emotionally crushing walk of shame.

edited June 2015

Dun wurri, I'm sure he'll be fine.

It'll happen Stop.You're tearing my heart apart Incase one gif wasnt enough:

• It's like this:I was intrested with the whole king in the north starks vs lannisters thing in the first three seasons.After that,I cared only for Jon and what will happen to him.If he dies,the only thing that can keep me hooked is hoping that stannis the mannis will sit on the iron throne.Oh yeah,I wouldn't mind if he flays the boltons.Ofcourse,there are more storylines going on but I find Danny,Jaime and kings landing wayyy less interesting compared to Stannis,Winterfell and the Wall.

P.S:I shouldn't have said that I'll stop watching because that's a lie,the show's too good haha.I'll just be..less interested?Yeah,you could say that.

I don't see how a favorite character's death would make someone stop watching a show, I'll never stop watching a show just because someone I liked died :b

• I understand, lmao it's alright. I like all the storylines, but Jon Snow's storyline is definitely interesting.

It's like this:I was intrested with the whole king in the north starks vs lannisters thing in the first three seasons.After that,I cared onl

• If he dies he'll be brought back to life somehow. Why make him see the Night's King if they are not going to meet again? His death and revival will do one thing though - free him from the vows to the Night's Watch.

It's like this:I was intrested with the whole king in the north starks vs lannisters thing in the first three seasons.After that,I cared onl

• edited June 2015

He'd still be part Stark though. Lyanna was a Stark.

Nah, he's a Targ if the theory is true and they got married - meaning he'd be legitimate. I think they're building it up like that so we'll see their wedding in sight of the Old Gods (in front of a weirwood tree) in one of Bran's visions.

edited June 2015

And Rhaegar a Targ, you take your father's name (Joffrey Baratheon for example (even though he's not Robert's child); all of the Starks would be Tullys if they took their mother's name also :P).

He'd still be part Stark though. Lyanna was a Stark.

• edited June 2015

I know that, but he would still have Stark blood in him.

And Rhaegar a Targ, you take your father's name (Joffrey Baratheon for example (even though he's not Robert's child); all of the Starks would be Tullys if they took their mother's name also :P).

• I'm worried about Wun Wun :( I wonder who'll take Ser Patrek's place in the show and be ripped apart by him... if that happens at all.

edited June 2015

So? Lol, everyone has mixed blood in them to an extent, you're never a "pure" blooded person even if both your parents are from the same house, since they all trace back to different people. The thing is that Jon has Targ blood and he's from Aerys' line, so he fits into the role of Azor Ahai.

I know that, but he would still have Stark blood in him.

• I don't think you're getting what I'm saying. I'm not denying that Jon is Targaryen or Azor Ahai.

So? Lol, everyone has mixed blood in them to an extent, you're never a "pure" blooded person even if both your parents are from the same hou

edited June 2015

But he's either one or the other, they're not really calling people "Baratheon-Lannister", just Baratheon, same with Jon. I know he has blood from both houses - making him a song of ice and fire - but he is after all only a Targaryen if we use official terms :p

I don't think you're getting what I'm saying. I'm not denying that Jon is Targaryen or Azor Ahai.

• Jon will die AND resurrect, thus freeing him from his vows, allowing him to claim the throne and transforming Westeros into a land of sunshine and lollipops.

• I dont think its going to happen. I find it impossible to believe that Jon is going to die and he wont be resurrected because Mel is not at the wall. He might have to fight off a coup by Aliser but i dont think we saw enough to justify Jon's men trying to murder him so soon after it happened to the old Bear. Olly and his evil looks might be there to throw us off. When they explain the White Walker attack that they all saw, that has to become the priority. Basically, i think its way too soon and not enough reason to take action against Jon who has been LC for all of a Week.

edited June 2015

Mel can come back to revive him.

Besides, he is most likely going to warg into Ghost and then be reborn as another person, as Melisandre says:

"He was a man, then a wolf, now a man again."

KCohere posted: »

I dont think its going to happen. I find it impossible to believe that Jon is going to die and he wont be resurrected because Mel is not at

• Basically.

Jon will die AND resurrect, thus freeing him from his vows, allowing him to claim the throne and transforming Westeros into a land of sunshine and lollipops.

• I think you have a point about the build up not being sufficient. In the books it's shown to be a collection of increasingly autocratic and extreme decisions by Jon which would change the structure of the NW forever. It's much more of a tradition vs radical change together with a food shortages and rationing. The wildlings being there is only one part. This means the NW men who do the dead aren't completely wrong in removing Jon, that doesn't mean they're right just not 100% murdering bastards.

In the show it's basically just "we don't like the dirty foreigners"

KCohere posted: »

I dont think its going to happen. I find it impossible to believe that Jon is going to die and he wont be resurrected because Mel is not at

• Right. It would be out of left field, I think, unless it was just a case of Olly losing his mind because of his parents and doing it, or Alliser just trying to get him out of the way so he can be Lord Commander. I cant see the whole NW getting in on it or Jon dying from it. Dang, I cant wait until Sunday!

I think you have a point about the build up not being sufficient. In the books it's shown to be a collection of increasingly autocratic and

• edited June 2015

Why would she come back? She got what she wanted. Im wholly against Jon being a direwolf. We havent even seen him manifest that ability in any way on the show. I still believe they are saving that ability for Bran.

Mel can come back to revive him. Besides, he is most likely going to warg into Ghost and then be reborn as another person, as Melisandre says: "He was a man, then a wolf, now a man again."

Sign in to comment in this discussion.