how likely is it that this will happen in the season 5 finale?(book spoilers)

2»

Comments

• Then him and Dany will ride Dragon's into the sunset and start a new dynasty. (Assuming Dany can have kids, but I thought that witch lady cursed her)

Jon will die AND resurrect, thus freeing him from his vows, allowing him to claim the throne and transforming Westeros into a land of sunshine and lollipops.

• AWESOMEOAWESOMEO Banned
    edited June 2015

She would come back because she knows the prophecies, and she knows that Jon Snow is a very strong candidate for Azor Ahai (hence why she tried to seduce him - she only seduces candidates with Targ blood).

But it's less likely than him warging into a wolf and being reborn, that will most certainly happen (he's not going to stay as Ghost, but he'll warg back into either his body or another body somehow) - at least it will in the books as the show might take it somewhere else.

Bran is starting to get more and more green visions, they're building it up so that he'll reveal Jon's true parents through one of those visions - I am quite sure of that.

KCohere posted: »

Why would she come back? She got what she wanted. Im wholly against Jon being a direwolf. We havent even seen him manifest that ability in any way on the show. I still believe they are saving that ability for Bran.

• I think if she was going to come back for Jon, she wouldnt have been so insistent on Stannis burning Shireen. She is at least following the pretense that she believe that he is Azor Ahai. I cant see her high tailing it back to the wall in the short time that this is supposed to happen in, especially if Stannis is going to be marching on Winterfell. She insists on being by his side. Mel just showing up at the wall would make no sense now.

AWESOMEO posted: »

She would come back because she knows the prophecies, and she knows that Jon Snow is a very strong candidate for Azor Ahai (hence why she tr

• Alt text

Alt text

The number of people to avenge the Stark's are endless the Mormonts, Manderlys, Karstarks even if for semi personal gain, half the Umbers, the mountain tribes and the crannogmen. Hell in the show even Stannis wants to avenge them. Even if Jon was still around he couldn't do anything he's to stubborn unless the entire watch agrees with his decision and that wont happen. I'm thinking you'll get your first serving of Stark vengeance next episode. My son Wendel came to the the Twins a guest. He ate Lord Walder's bread and salt, and hung his sword upon the wall to feast with friends. And they murdered him. Murdered, I say, and may the Freys choke upon their fables. I drink with Jared, jape with Symond, promise Rhaegar the hand of my own beloved granddaughter ... but never think that means I have forgotten. The north remembers, Lord Davos. The north remembers, and the mummer’s farce is almost done. My son is home.

Tolispro posted: »

Well,if Jon dies there's literally no one to avenge the Starks.(Rickon and Brand are too young,Sansa might even die in the battle of winterf

• Saying Eddard was falsely accused is a bit of a stretch. He may have been right, but he did in fact conspire against the crown. King Robert didn't say Ned should be regeant until his rightful heir comes of age, he said until his son Joffrey comes of age. It might be a technicality, but that's still enough to get you convicted today irl.

Tolispro posted: »

Well,if Jon dies there's literally no one to avenge the Starks.(Rickon and Brand are too young,Sansa might even die in the battle of winterf

• Better not be Eddison Tollet, or Dolorus Edd if you prefer. He has a much greater role then his book couterpart, and I love Ben Compton the actor who plays him. I was so scared he would die at Hardhome, he didn't, but there is still grave danger for him and Jon Snow.

I'm worried about Wun Wun I wonder who'll take Ser Patrek's place in the show and be ripped apart by him... if that happens at all.

• Everything would have been so different if Eddard had told Robert that Joffrey wasn't his son..In my opinion,Cersei and Joffrey were the ones conspiring against the crown since Joffrey had no right to be king.Eddard was too proud and honorable that he tried to do what's right.

"Honor got your father killed."-Stannis Baratheon

Saying Eddard was falsely accused is a bit of a stretch. He may have been right, but he did in fact conspire against the crown. King Rober

• Well, as I said, the likelier possibility is that he'll warg into Ghost - but I'm not sure if it'll happen in the show (probably, they can't kill him off).

KCohere posted: »

I think if she was going to come back for Jon, she wouldnt have been so insistent on Stannis burning Shireen. She is at least following the

• If they don't do it by the book it's going to be Olly catching Jon alone. He's been giving him a death stare for half of the season.

• Yes, this had occurred to me as well, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this too.

If he dies he'll be brought back to life somehow. Why make him see the Night's King if they are not going to meet again? His death and revival will do one thing though - free him from the vows to the Night's Watch.

• Technically he was born in Dorne, so that would make him a Sand =p

Sarson posted: »

Nope he's a Snow obviously

• you got me there :D

Technically he was born in Dorne, so that would make him a Sand =p

• ''So if you've read the book it appears that Jon Snow has died. When i read this i flipped out i mean this guy has been my favorite charcter thoughout the whole series. So i've decided that he is NOT dead and this is why.

First. I am with the school of thought that Jon is not Ned's Bastard but instead the son of Prince Rhaegar Targayen and Ned's sister Lyanna Stark. Therefore a Taragayen and a Stark way to badass of a blood-line kill off.

Some things that support this are Rhaegar clearly had intent to be with Lyanna,
    When Sansa claims Arya is a bastard because she looks like Jon Snow Cat tells Sansa that she looks like Lyanna (Arya and Jon are described as looking alike).
    At the end of Robert's rebellion there is a battle that reasons are not disclosed (protecting the Taragayen Heir???) that ended with Ned and Howland Reed being the only surivors watching Lyanna die and Ned made an secret promise to her. (Hide Jon??)

Second. I understand that he was stab 4 times and didn't feel anything but cold on the last one. However people have been stabbed 20 times and survived before, it never states that he was stabbed in the vital organ, before the giant distracts everyone smashing around with that "club".

(As a commenter on the EW web site pointed out, Jon's wound is described as "SMOKING" in the cold air - note: not "steaming," which would seem to be a very deliberate word choice - and Bowen Marsh's tears are SALTY.

So what do we know about SALT and SMOKE? ) (not from me but a good point)

Third. Melisandre. When she tries to search the flames for signs of Stannis being Azor Ahai, she only sees Jon Snow. Plus we have seen other other servents of the red god resurecct people, it it has not been confirmed or denied that she has this ability.

Fourth. Other times when we have had the charcter whoes POV we are currently reading from "dies" (BRAN, CAT or THEON), they aren't really dead. Now if the POV charcter sees someone else die (when Cat saw Robb) that person has stayed dead. So Jon"died" from his own POV i think means he's not dead.

I think Jon will become the rider of Viserion who is also all white with red eyes.''

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/945614-spoilers-jon-snow-s-fate

Sign in to comment in this discussion.