ludd's alliance

should we accept ludd's alliance for Ryon ?

Comments

• I did.

Really hoping it works out.

• I didn't. I made a counter offer, Ryon for Griff. He threatened Ryon's live, but I called Ludd's bluff =p.

• Ryon is everything in how i'm playing as I feel the fate of the Forresters as a whole is in the hands of the people around them.

• Yes me too :)

I didn't. I made a counter offer, Ryon for Griff. He threatened Ryon's live, but I called Ludd's bluff =p.

• At first i did too but then i changed it.

I did. Really hoping it works out.

• You think is this help us in the future ? Because i didn't accept his alliance.

AgentZ46 posted: »

The second an opportunity comes to make an alliance with the Whitehills I'm taking it without a second thought.

• The second an opportunity comes to make an alliance with the Whitehills I'm taking it without a second thought.

• If your refferring to his Ironwood deal that wasn't an alliance. It may help though because he said if we take the deal he'll make sure we survive, at the time I think he meant he won't kill us but maybe he'll help us out.

AsheRodrik posted: »

You think is this help us in the future ? Because i didn't accept his alliance.

• Can we trust him ?

If your refferring to his Ironwood deal that wasn't an alliance. It may help though because he said if we take the deal he'll make sure we survive, at the time I think he meant he won't kill us but maybe he'll help us out.

• Hmmm you make a good point. however can we really trust him? Also what kinda position is he really in to help us? It seems to me that he's running scared of the Bolton's demands and is just as vulnerable as we are.

If your refferring to his Ironwood deal that wasn't an alliance. It may help though because he said if we take the deal he'll make sure we survive, at the time I think he meant he won't kill us but maybe he'll help us out.

• It doesn't matter whether you accept his alliance or not, the story will likely continue onto the same linear path with just a few dialogue changes.

• Accept his alliance, let your guard down, and watch him bring that army of sellswords he's amassing in secret upon you.

• What alliance? I thought your mother made it clear that it was more like slavery. You do all the work and they get all the credit. Did two playthroughs and called his bluff, then begged for mercy.

• No! I think we're fucked no matter what we do. So if I'm going down I'm going to make the "wrong" choices aka Badass choices.

• All the choices I consider the correct ones.

Chastity posted: »

No! I think we're fucked no matter what we do. So if I'm going down I'm going to make the "wrong" choices aka Badass choices.

• I don't think he's afraid of the Bolton's. ''We've been his bannermen for five fucking centuries''

Surely someone who was afraid of them would be aware that the Bolton's could turn on them at any minute, and be a bit more careful.

I mean he took our ironwood from under their noses, he's got guts.

He is cocky, arrogant and gullible. Definitely can't trust him.

Hmmm you make a good point. however can we really trust him? Also what kinda position is he really in to help us? It seems to me that he's running scared of the Bolton's demands and is just as vulnerable as we are.

• Ludd: An alliance?! I said nothing of the sort! See what I have to put up with, Gwyn?

• I'm all in for alliance. I even said so, if his terms weren't 'slavery' and instead something mutually profitable, I'll be taking his offer without a doubt.

Crips posted: »

Ludd: An alliance?! I said nothing of the sort! See what I have to put up with, Gwyn?

• You mean becoming his slaves? Nah

• Of course i won't be his slave. I already made bluff. :)

You mean becoming his slaves? Nah

• I think accepting alliance is weakness. Ludd threatened us with Ryon. They hit us with our weak point.

Gapaot posted: »

I'm all in for alliance. I even said so, if his terms weren't 'slavery' and instead something mutually profitable, I'll be taking his offer without a doubt.

• I agree that we definitely can't trust him.

I think this is the whole point though, Ludd isn't really all that smart. He's become over confident and has let a little bit of power over the Foresters go to his head! The fact that he decided to take the other half of the iron wood from the Foresters, regardless of the fact that Ramsay specifically told him he couldn't have it, won't have gone unnoticed by the Boltons. The fact that he is also trying to secretly amass a sell sword army (assuming the Boltons have found out about this) is just another reason for Ramsay to show up and put him back in his place.

I think Ramsay has paid him a visit and quickly made Ludd realise that he's not as safe as he thought!

PigeonPie posted: »

I don't think he's afraid of the Bolton's. ''We've been his bannermen for five fucking centuries'' Surely someone who was afraid of them

• Why are you acting like the choices matter?

• Same, it's clear your choices don't matter in these 'games' so I just spite TTG by choosing the options they expect us not too. Drink away Beshka, drink away :-)

Chastity posted: »

No! I think we're fucked no matter what we do. So if I'm going down I'm going to make the "wrong" choices aka Badass choices.

• Idiotic that with all these writers none considered this a dialogue option. Oh who am I kidding of course they thought of it but it would be too convenient!

Gapaot posted: »

I'm all in for alliance. I even said so, if his terms weren't 'slavery' and instead something mutually profitable, I'll be taking his offer without a doubt.

• I believe I said so in my comment already. Yes, current offer is a joke. But mutually beneficial alliance will work for the best, and won't hurt Ironwood forest, and both our families. You threatened him with Gryff though, so it's not like any family is 'good' here, only warying degrees of gray.

I think accepting alliance is weakness. Ludd threatened us with Ryon. They hit us with our weak point.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.