Game of Thrones Season Finale Theories

Alright, this first one isn't technically a theory, but what I think happened with Stannis is since a sacrifice of King's Blood will kill an usurper, the Lord of Light killed Stannis instead, because he had become someone else. Whoever it was after he killed his daughter was the usurper of Stannis Baratheon. He was his own usurper. So I think his death was sort of poetic in that way.

And I think that Jon is dead for sure, but he will come back as a white walker and might discover that he still has a consciousness and continue trying to unite everyone. Maybe he could even get to the point where he could unite the living and the dead.

Comments

• Very nice point about why Stannis died.

I don't think Jon is dead, he will probably be revived in one of 2 possible ways by Mel (whom I predicted to ride back to the wall once she understood Stannis is fucked). Since Jon is most likely Azor Ahai, he will probably be reborn (maybe in another body).

• The undead raised by the white walkers aren't white walkers themselves. Not to mention that having a conciousness of their own is unlikely, but, then again, there's an example of Coldhands from the books (his self-awareness may be a result of the Three-eyed crow's magic, though).

• It's pretty obvious Jon will get raised back by the red lady.

• All she sees is Snow.

kaza125 posted: »

It's pretty obvious Jon will get raised back by the red lady.

• The Lord of Light must have a soft spot for lame puns if he shows Melisandre actual snow instead of Jon Snow. What a jokester.

Skiba7671 posted: »

All she sees is Snow.

• Don't they just turn when they die?

• Oh interesting. My mistake then.

• It's a really common mistake I've notice. You can only become a White Walker if your a male baby, you can't die and come back as one.

• What a trolling god if that's the case. I bet he fucks with the people that worship him all the time because he's bored.

rousseau posted: »

The Lord of Light must have a soft spot for lame puns if he shows Melisandre actual snow instead of Jon Snow. What a jokester.

• I think the leeches in season 3 were a trick, we know Mel gets prophetic visions in her fires so I believe she saw the deaths of the 3 usurpers in the flames, then used the leeches to convince Stannis and Davos into burning Gendry. I find it hard to believe leeches had anything to do with such unrelated deaths

• edited June 2015

Until this season it never occurred to me that once a Wight is animated, it wont necessarily stay animated unless a White Walker is nearby. It made me wonder if they're just super-warging hundreds of dead bodies at once

Edit: Actually if that's the case then how did Benjen's dead ranging party reanimate at castle black, no warging through the wall. Never mind!

• What if Jon isn't Azor Ahai and Stannis isn't? It would fuck over everything.

AWESOMEO posted: »

Very nice point about why Stannis died. I don't think Jon is dead, he will probably be revived in one of 2 possible ways by Mel (whom I p

• I think there is too much evidence for Jon not to be Azor Ahai, it's likely that him and Dany are both Azor Ahai though :P

I think there must be at least one true Azor Ahai, with all of these clues and foreshadowing not having one would be kinda stupid imo.

What if Jon isn't Azor Ahai and Stannis isn't? It would fuck over everything.

• What is Azor Ahai

I think there is too much evidence for Jon not to be Azor Ahai, it's likely that him and Dany are both Azor Ahai though :P I think there

• edited June 2015

Through all the series, the White Walkers have been painted as the real enemy, even Jon tries to unify Night's Watch and Wildlings, but what if the White Walkers are not the real enemy? What if they're trying to fight a bigger threat? In this case it would be cool if Jon turns into one of them.

• AWESOMEOAWESOMEO Banned
    edited June 2015

Azor Ahai is kind of like the "Messiah" of this series, he's prophecied about and the legends say that when darkness lay over the world and a hero (which is him) was chosen to fight against it. According to prophecy, in ancient books of Asshai from over five thousand years ago, Azor Ahai is to be reborn again (there are about 7 bold signs that tell us who is Azor Ahai) as a champion sent by R'hllor. This will occur after a long summer when an evil, cold darkness descends upon the world. It is said that wielding Lightbringer once again, Azor Ahai will stand against the Others and if he fails, the world fails with him.

Melisandre has mentioned The Prince that was Promised and Azor Ahai interchangeably, although she tends to use the name Azor Ahai far more often :p

What is Azor Ahai

• edited June 2015

There's also The Last Hero which could be the same prophecy viewed through a different cultural lense, the Hero set out with a horse, his dog and 12 companions set out to find the children of the forest and defeat the Others or possibly make a pact with them. Theres a few other interpretations of the savior prophecy such a Yin Tar, Edric Shadowchase and Hyrkoon

Azor Ahai is kind of like the "Messiah" of this series, he's prophecied about and the legends say that when darkness lay over the world and

• Yeah, there are many nicknames for Azor Ahai throughout the World of Ice and Fire, Azor Ahai is just the most common :P

tmsmyth4 posted: »

There's also The Last Hero which could be the same prophecy viewed through a different cultural lense, the Hero set out with a horse, his do

• Haha yeah i dont know if this shadowchase is even mentioned in the main novels, although i appreciated the idea that each culture has its own saviour. Jon seems to fit the bill for the main 3, particularly with the Last Hero

Yeah, there are many nicknames for Azor Ahai throughout the World of Ice and Fire, Azor Ahai is just the most common :P

Sign in to comment in this discussion.