Fuck that, Stannis' still the One True King of Westeros

It's impossible that Stannis is dead. I think Brienne spare his life so he could tell her anything about Renly.

Fucking Brienne, why wasn't she there to rescue Sansa.

Comments

• I really wanted a Ramsay vs. Stannis battle.
    Fuck Brienne again.

• Gendry>>>>Stannis

• edited June 2015

Its not impossible, its very likely. I cant see why she would spare him. She can be a ruthless killer when she needs to be and she has hated him for a long time. And if he is alive, his king days are over.

• When she said he killed the rightful King (Renly) pissed me off a little. Renly hadn't right to the throne at all.

• They did say the show was going to divert from the books and go a different direction that did it. They have magic so they can bring him back any time they want but who knows if they will.

• He is nothing now, he lost everything and I can't see who would support him if he "comes back". He can't be a king if he is dead.

• After the burning of Shereen I don't think even Davos support him anymore.

• He'll have to get off that rowboat first.

Gendry>>>>Stannis

• He's dead, Brienne doesn't second guess herself. He used blood magic to kill the only king she was loyal to + loved, why would she?

Besides, she swung her sword and a slice sound was heard. Stannis is dead and his demise was set when he listened to Mel instead of Davos.

• Example: The Hound (Stay tuned)

• I know, I know. I just don't see any logical reason for it to happen. And let's say it did happen; what is he now? A broken man with injuries who will most likely be captured by the Boltons or killed by Brienne later on.

• Damn straight ! That stupid he-woman always budging in and ruining everything... can't do shit to protect the Starks, gets the somewhat redeeming Hound killed and now gets a lucky finisher on the King of the Andals and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm Himself .... >:( .... who's left to protect your realm now you lady-boy creature HUH? ..... May the white-walkers drag her to the seven hells! and that red witch as well with her false magic!

I really wanted a Ramsay vs. Stannis battle. Fuck Brienne again.

• cleganebowl

Example: The Hound (Stay tuned)

• I don't know maybe I read it wrong but I kind of felt like Brienne hesitated for some reason when Stannis said "go on do your duty".

AWESOMEO posted: »

I know, I know. I just don't see any logical reason for it to happen. And let's say it did happen; what is he now? A broken man with injuries who will most likely be captured by the Boltons or killed by Brienne later on.

• Nah, but there were tons of hints in the books that he's alive. Besides, the situation is different and Sandor wasn't about to have his head cut off by former Kingsguard member.

Either way:

cleganebowl

Example: The Hound (Stay tuned)

• Fucking awful episode. Killing off all of the likeable characters.

• Maybe it's not the show for you then lol considering they kill off likable characters each season.

lindblom posted: »

Fucking awful episode. Killing off all of the likeable characters.

• I like really liked Stannis as well but I also really like Brienne why the hate?

endoftimes posted: »

Damn straight ! That stupid he-woman always budging in and ruining everything... can't do shit to protect the Starks, gets the somewhat rede

• Well, I don't mind em doing so but now most of the characters remaining are incredible boring to watch.

Maybe it's not the show for you then lol considering they kill off likable characters each season.

• I don't. I see her as a bumbling fool always ruining something a bit more. Thus the hate.

AgentZ46 posted: »

I like really liked Stannis as well but I also really like Brienne why the hate?

• Well, let's see. Selyse. A lot of people didn't like her. Myranda. She was a bitch. And Stannis lost a lot of points after that last episode, making it even worth not liking him anymore for some. The only one that didn't really have anything wrong was Myrcella.

lindblom posted: »

Fucking awful episode. Killing off all of the likeable characters.

• Well I really don't think Brienne would spare the man who killed the man she loved and the only king she deemed worth serving and pledged her life to protect. It really doesn't make any sense that she'd just spare him.

I don't know maybe I read it wrong but I kind of felt like Brienne hesitated for some reason when Stannis said "go on do your duty".

• tfw Brienne killed Stannis

Alt text

• edited June 2015

I am more intersted about who is lord paramount of stormlands now when whole Baratheon lineage is dead now.

• The Stormlands were divided between Stannis and Tommen when Renly died. They're presumably all limping back to Tommen now.

I am more intersted about who is lord paramount of stormlands now when whole Baratheon lineage is dead now.

• And who is alive? Except Robert´s bastards.

• All that's left are Robert's bastards and they aren't Baratheons

• Alt text

tfw Brienne killed Stannis

• cuz they were on stannis nuts

AgentZ46 posted: »

I like really liked Stannis as well but I also really like Brienne why the hate?

• The Hound is dead, but Sandor Clegane is still alive.

endoftimes posted: »

Damn straight ! That stupid he-woman always budging in and ruining everything... can't do shit to protect the Starks, gets the somewhat rede

• I'm waiting for the first shot by shot analysis of that scene that proves Stannis is not dead. Like this kind of sword thrust didn't look like an executional blow. Or Brienne cried out too early which implies she was attacked from behind.

• Podricks gunna come over and be like "MI'LADEH, ITS SANSA, SHE LIT TEH CANDLE" and then Brienne will swing at the tree or something

• A man with nothing to lose is the most dangerous man you can possibly have. If I didn't know that Dumb and Dumber (D&D, showrunners) hated Stannis I'd say this is a Theon situation except the torture has already happened (lost everything) and he will get a redemption arc getting the northmen to rebel and kills Melisandre. Also, he might still have half his army. The fact that 20 good men ex machina worked probably means his army has spies and those are probably not the sellswords. He could have sent the sellswords to "desert" and attack the Dreadfort (Bolton castle) while making it seem like he is further weakened and he draws out the Boltons from Winterfell to weaken their forces to be crushed when they try to retake the Dreadfort (hence the impregnable Dreadfort exposition from Roose earlier). His presence at Winterfell was required for the ruse to properly work and he counted on escaping. Brienne strikes the tree in frustration realising that she failed her duty AGAIN by leaving Sansa. She thinks to trade Stannis for Sansa but then Pod might show up with Sansa and Theon. Also she needs Stannis to prove she isn't Kingslayer and to have somewhere safe to go. This allows for Jaime style redemption arc since Stannis probably didn't know about shadow baby until it was too late.

• Excuse me but she didt stop them from battling. Stannis was on his last legs when she found him.

I really wanted a Ramsay vs. Stannis battle. Fuck Brienne again.

• He did give up, if she hadn't shown up, he would have likely stabbed himself. He was wounded badly, couldn't walk, and the Bolton's were looking for him, he knew that if Ramsay found him, it would have been a slow death. Besides, he didn't really want to go on, what else is there for him? His only friend might hate him, his wife killed herself, the witch abandoned him, his army was wiped out, and the only person he loved was burned at the stake. There is nothing left to live for anyway, if he had won, then there would have been something, but now there is nothing, he's gone, I accepted that on the spot. Doesn't make it any less sad for me, but its all over but the crying.

• I get that, I really do, but... anyone remember Maester Luwin? He was dying and Osha put him out of his misery, we didn't see it, but all know it happened. It's like that, though I will admit its strange that they would shoot his death like that, when a lot of people wanted him dead.

• Actually, the real Baratheon family is gone. Only Gendry is left, god knows where he is anymore, and the Lannister children that bears who don't deserve that name. And hell, EVEN THEY are dropping like the flies, the family is gone, but what a good run it was for 300 years.

• clap-tpclap-tp Banned
    edited June 2015

when he said "do your duty" you can see she thought for a second maybe her duty of protecting sansa maybe she will take him prisoner and plan to give him to the boltons as a gift and be sansa's guard in return otherwise this whole "deaths scene" is pointless because they didnt show him dies, if they would want to keep the viewers on a cliffhanger they could have just dont show him after the battle this by itself leaves a big chance of him dies (he was in the front line) instead of a pointless scene where brienne randomly walks in an entire dead army and out of pure luck walked into stannis

• great minds think alike (just readed this after leaving my comment), though brienne is not in a position to offer a trade. they have a gaint army nothing stops the boltons from just taking him from her

A man with nothing to lose is the most dangerous man you can possibly have. If I didn't know that Dumb and Dumber (D&D, showrunners) hat

Sign in to comment in this discussion.