The North GRove

Does anyone have any prediction for the North Grove? Do u think it's true? Do u think Sylvi will take Gared To the North Grove? comment your predictions below.

Comments

• The North Grove is full of floppy wieners.

• I still think the North Grove has the Horn of Winter and Gregor wanted Gared to find and destroy it to save House Forrester along with Westeros and mankind in general.

• Alt text

The North Grove is full of floppy wieners.

• Come on everyone, use your common sense: whatever the North Grove is its not of consequence to the HBO series, therefore unlikely to be related to Whitewalkers, the First Men or an Ice Dragon (as cool as it would have been for the Forresters to gain an Ice Dragon) - the most logical conclusion can only be that it is some special kind of source of ironwood - but what baffles me is how exactly it will help Duncan or the rest who are miles away at Ironrath.

I mean - say that Gared does find the North Grove, and finds what he thinks can help his House, then actually manages to travel back - just one problem - the Wall. How on earth is he going to get through the Nights Watch now that he's been branded a traitor?
    What are the odds of Gared making it back to Ironrath after finding the North Grove?

Asher raises an army to counter the Whitehill threat, Mira works to secure the economic strength of her House (and maybe sabotage Andro's plan to assemble an army for Ludd), Rodrik works to lead his House as its rightful Lord - the Forresters are taking action to recover from being on the losing side of the War of the Five Kings - now what exactly is Gared doing? Looking for a mystical hidden citadel located in a forest within a forest, miles off from Ironrath with no raven to communicate his progress unlike Mira, he's completely cut off - essentially he's just wandering around beyond the Wall (fingers crossed we'll meet Mance Rayder) looking for a lost legend the Wildlings purport to be true.

And even if it is real - just how does it fit in with the contributions of Asher, Mira and Rodrik?

• edited June 2015

Since the Grove is beyond the Wall it could be a few things via the canon. Those are:

1) Dragon Binder - Obviously this is massively debatable as we are led to believe that, at this point, Euron has it. We don't know (via the canon) if it even exists let alone that Euron has it let alone that it isn't even in the North. However, since it seems crucial to the actual canon I eliminate it because it will likely be used in the book and show. Therefore, while it could be the Dragon Binder, I doubt it.

2) Horn of Winter - Mance claims he has this in the books so that may eliminate this being the case, however, it is feasible that Telltale shows the introduction of the horn taking place by the acquisition by Gared which, possibly, leads him to giving it to Mance (as a sort of way to join with them). I don't see this as feasible either and partially eliminate it but, at the same time, it has to be added as possible.

3) Given the way the book and shows are heading I have a feeling it will (largely) have to do with the discovery of information relating to the Others. It could be anything from an ancient vault dating back to the white lady to an old strong hold of the Night's King which will put the group in direct contact against the Other's.

4) It could be an ancient Cache, left by the children of the forest, to assure Ironwood lives on regardless of man interruption. A type of storehouse for seeds. Since "the North Grove must never be lost" and since this task was left to House Forrester it would make sense that they are, in essence, the ones who safeguard Ironwood in general and to lose such a cache could, inevitably, cause Ironwood to disappear from overuse and logging.

At this point, everyone's guess is as good as the next but given its location, once thing is absolutely clear and that is it is ancient.

• Alt text

Harian96 posted: »

Come on everyone, use your common sense: whatever the North Grove is its not of consequence to the HBO series, therefore unlikely to be rela

• Frome those four options first three are impossible which leave us only the fourth option.

medcsu posted: »

Since the Grove is beyond the Wall it could be a few things via the canon. Those are: 1) Dragon Binder - Obviously this is massively deba

• game is cannon to the show, it is unlikely the show will let them reveal any big plot of the white walkers. but duncan said lord forrester belived the north grove has something to do with magic

Harian96 posted: »

Come on everyone, use your common sense: whatever the North Grove is its not of consequence to the HBO series, therefore unlikely to be rela

• I agree it is the fourth option. It simply makes the most sense. I am sure there will also be an ancient log (non literal) which details the history of the two houses as well (Whitehill & Forrester) and, likely, weapons, shields, etc. I predict it will just be one giant cache of ironwood supplies, seedlings, etc. Something to assure ironwood carries onward despite any issue. Possibly some ancient construction methods as well involved with ironwood shaping.

Frome those four options first three are impossible which leave us only the fourth option.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.