Jon Snow theory [[MAJOR SPOILER ALERT!]]

edited June 2015 in Game Of Thrones

I have done lots of research about Jon Snow's "Death" after my butthurt rage at Alliser thorne.
I've been on the Wiki for hours and went to a few unknown websites reading theories that actually make sense.
I've also been on youtube looking at how Jon Snow Died or whatnot. So let's get to it.

First of, I'll post a picture of Jon Snow's body on the snow floor.
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20150616055123/gameofthrones/images/f/f5/Jon's_death.jpg
You can see that Jon doesn't really..look dead. He looks more like as if he was bleeding out and about to pass out.
Alt text

Now, in the second picture you can see that Jon's blood turns abit dark than the usual Red. I may be wrong because blood on the ice can sometimes turn the blood black but this doesn't look like your usual Dark-ish on the ice blood. But the blood on his stomach also is very black. It should be Dark red but it has that Black tone to the Color, and to be honest. In my opinion the Blood's color looks abit like Melisandre's Demon Stannis shadow.

Remember the scene where Melisandre tried to seduce Jon? he had Targaryen Blood. But Jon refused, which makes a twist to my Theory and it instantly kills off the famous R+L=J theory. But I think the blood has something to do with the White Walker Jon had killed. The way the White Walker Stares at Jon as if he was Cursed or about to get killed.

Alright, if you've seen the youtube video where Jon was getting stabbed over and over? he doesn't collapse on the floor after the first stab. Well, he does fall on his knees. But he took so many Stabs that he just doesn't care, his facial expression looks like he doesn't feel any pain of sorts. All he does is grunt. I don't know, it may be just for the drama because our Favorite Character is getting stabbed over and over.

And when he finally Collapses to the floor and bleeds out his eyes start to flash alittle bit of blackish red and maybe white. A few people noticed this when they kept replaying his death. You can see how his eyes were changing colors on youtube. When you get to the part where he falls on the floor, slow the speed down and watch his eyes carefully. So he is not dead, I believe. And also, if you look closely at his forehead and his entire face itself, he has abit of a pale look to him as if he was about to turn into something. His head's texture looks abit like a White Walker's.

So here is my theory.
But, I may be wrong. Jon Snow might be dead but Azor Ahai isn't. Melisandre has made a mistake and realized that Stannis isn't actually Azor ahai. It was Jon Snow. So she escapes and goes back to Castle Black to find Jon Snow lying on the floor, so she grabs his dead Corpse and carries him somewhere to Resurrect him. But his Resurrection will not make him look like Jon Snow. And so his new name will be Azor Ahai.

Comments

• Don't know about the first part of your theory but holy shit! That part about Mellisandre is fucked up! I really hope you're right!

• edited June 2015

How does that disprove the R+L=J theory?

• edited June 2015

Jon Snow's death completely fucks the theory that he is a Targaryen and he will sit on the iron throne.

AgentZ46 posted: »

How does that disprove the R+L=J theory?

• edited June 2015

Targaryen's aren't immune to death the theory could still be true, the Iron Throne part was already doubtful however.

Jon Snow's death completely fucks the theory that he is a Targaryen and he will sit on the iron throne.

• He'll get revived by red lady, end of :D

• edited June 2015

"The flames crackled softly, and in that crackling she heard the whispered name Jon Snow"

"I pray for a glimpse of Azor Ahai, and R’hllor shows me only Snow"

Yeah I think that scene in E4 with Mel and Jon was meant to show that she doubts Stannis and sees something in Jon. Its clear in the books that her visions are accurate but she's bad at interpreting them, we see a bunch of stuff involving Bran that Mel wouldn't be able to understand. In the show she appears full of confidence in front of Stannis but must have had her doubts to bail out on him so quickly before seeing it through. So yeah, she now sees Jon as Azor Ahai reborn

• Why does dying make it impossible for him to be Rhaegar and Lyanna's son? The R + L =J theory does not specify that he needs to become king of Westeros, and he probably won't because even if the theory is true ( which it is) he would still be considered a bastard because Rhaegar and Lyanna were not married. So he would not be the rightful king either way, but that does not eliminate the fact that Rhaegar and Lyanna were his parents.

• edited June 2015

I think his claim is as good as anyones whether he's true born or not, but i wouldn't discount the possibility that R married L. They supposedly met 10 leagues from Harrenhal presumably at the Isle of Faces, the one remaining wierwood grove south of the Neck. The only way we'll ever get the full truth of things is through Brans visions, so wouldn't it be mighty convenient if a bunch of important shit involving R+L happened right in front of a wierwood grove for Bran to see! Their first meeting, Lyanna's marriage vows, Rhaegar singing the song of ice and fire etc! Jon might not learn the details from Howland/Benjen so this could be how GRRM ties it up for the reader

Jpork18 posted: »

Why does dying make it impossible for him to be Rhaegar and Lyanna's son? The R + L =J theory does not specify that he needs to become king

• I am sure they were married...it was nothing for the Targaryans to take multiple wives...though in the books Argon and Danny have way better claims

tmsmyth4 posted: »

I think his claim is as good as anyones whether he's true born or not, but i wouldn't discount the possibility that R married L. They suppos

• Yeah you're right they were secretly married, in some people's telling of the story.

I am sure they were married...it was nothing for the Targaryans to take multiple wives...though in the books Argon and Danny have way better claims

• edited June 2015

Jon Snow will not be returning for season 6. He said so himself, which leads me to believe that he had warged into his wolf. Melisandre will resurrect his body allowing him to re enter it (of course this last bit would happen in season 7). In the books, Jon's last word was Ghost, the name of his direwolf. I believe the R+L=J theory. But I think Dany is azhor ahai and that Jon will be one of the dragon riders, along with Tyrion.

• But would a weirwood marriage between Rhaegar and Lyanna be considered valid by the rest of the realm? That is the real question, not whether they had the ceremony. And considering that Rhaegar was already married to Elia Martell, and the only Targaryen to have two wives was Aegon the Conqueror, from three centuries ago, I doubt the realm would consider this valid, so they would still view Jon as a bastard, who would need to be legitimized in order to be in the line of succession. Rhaegar did not take Lyanna to make the next King of Westeros, but to make the third head of the dragon, the Prince that was Promised, whose song is that of Ice and Fire. Jon's fulfillment of the prophecy does not rely upon the legitimacy of his birth, and since Rhaegar was already married, in the eyes of the realm, R + L is adulterous, and Jon is still a bastard.

I think his claim is as good as anyones whether he's true born or not, but i wouldn't discount the possibility that R married L. They suppos

• edited June 2015

Sorry OP but that's not a new theory. It's more or less the standard theory that most people think will happen.

If you want a really weird theory, how about this?

Jon dies, but his conciousness transfers into ghost, the dire wolf. As ghost he runs North and meets up with the Night's King and the white walkers. We then get some exposition about who they are and what they're about. End of the season, THEY resurrect Jon.

Now that's a crazy theory. And it probably won't happen. But here's how it could:

Jon is a warg (like Bran) in the books We know that when a warg dies that their conciousness can transfer into another animal.

It's time, from a story telling point of view to find out what the others are all about. The TV show by telling us much more about them has been leading up to this.

There are theories out there that the White Walkers may not be completely evil and this makes sense in the game of thrones narrative where there is always two sides to every story.

There's a theory that the night's king is a secret ancient Stark. Who may not be automatically hostile to Jon.

This would also tie in with Kit Harrington's cryptic comments about him not being in the next series. Unless he is just bare faced trolling.

• True but its difficult to speak for a broken realm, especially when we know far more information than most characters. For instance Dorne and the Stormlands may support fAegon's legitmacy based on Doran Martells word, while the North, Riverlands and The Vale could back Jon due to Howland Reed's claims that he witnessed Rhaegar renounce his faith to the seven and marry Lyanna wierwood-style. It all leads to civil war which will decide the "truth" of those claims. I dont think Jon is bound for the Iron Throne, thats for Aegon and Dany to squabble over but Id like to see some resolution to the Rhaegar/Lyanna story even if Jon doesn't and its just for the readers (thousand and one) eyes only

Jpork18 posted: »

But would a weirwood marriage between Rhaegar and Lyanna be considered valid by the rest of the realm? That is the real question, not whethe

• Do you mean Aegon?

I am sure they were married...it was nothing for the Targaryans to take multiple wives...though in the books Argon and Danny have way better claims

• Not too sure about your theory. All I know is Jon Snow will no longer be confined to his role in the Night's Watch with his death. His watch has ended and his pending resurrection frees him of his oath. What role he plays in the future is something I care not to speculate on.

• If anything Jon Snows death will help him "possibly" sit on the Iron Throne if he is resurrected. That is if the R + L = J theory is true.

Because now that Jon is dead the Nights Watch vows won't be relavant, and Jon will be free to leave the Wall and rule Winterfell if he wanted, or even the Iron Throne.

• edited June 2015

Season 6 SPOILERS from a leaked casting video

Tyrion: “Thank you for traveling all this way. I know from personal experience how uncomfortable the journey can be. The truth is, we need your help. Our hope is that we can persuade you to …”

Kinvara: “You want my priests to convince the Meereenese that the city’s conqueror is the people’s savior.”

Tyrion/Varys: “We prefer liberator to conqueror.”

Kinvara: “You don’t have to persuade me of anything. I came to help. Daenerys Stormborn is the One Who Was Promised. From the fire, she was reborn … to remake the world.”

• edited June 2015

Lol me neither. Maybe foreshadowing Jon's fiery rebirth at the end of the episode? Looks like the shows prophecy will combine Azor Ahai and PTWP into the 'One Who was Promised', your original comment seems pretty accurate!

• Nothing's new in this theory though lmao, it's a pretty common theory.

• Jon dies, but his conciousness transfers into ghost, the dire wolf. As ghost he runs North and meets up with the Night's King and the white walkers. We then get some exposition about who they are and what they're about. End of the season, THEY resurrect Jon.

Don't think he'll be able to warg into Ghost for such a long time, he just discovered those powers.

What's more likely is that he'll warg into Ghost and then back into his (resurrected) body, keeping "Ghostly" features (maybe?)

Sarson posted: »

Sorry OP but that's not a new theory. It's more or less the standard theory that most people think will happen. If you want a really weir

• AWESOMEOAWESOMEO Banned
    edited June 2015

Who said they're not both Azor Ahai? There's no clear mark on any prophecy that it's one person, maybe they're both Azor Ahai. Maybe they're the ice and fire of the series, and together they're Azor Ahai?

Dany has all the features of Azor Ahai, she is a great candidate, but so is Jon Snow, and he has extra hints on top.

If it's only one of them, it must be Jon, even Dany had a vision in the House of the Undying of the IT covered with snow, it's pretty obvious.

• Jon Snow will not be returning for season 6.

He might be fucking with us, saying that "Jon Snow" won't be back, but maybe he'll come back, reborn as the champion of R'hllor?

Also, R'hllor himself shows Mel Jon Snow when she asks him to show her Azor Ahai, so I don't think he's one of the champion's companions.

Yaya1314 posted: »

Jon Snow will not be returning for season 6. He said so himself, which leads me to believe that he had warged into his wolf. Melisandre will

• True there are different (combinations of) candidates in the books, the show hasn't mentioned any savior figure by name so i thought it was interesting they're now using the phrase 'The One Who Was Promised'. Mel mentioned the Warrior of Light/Lightbringer and the Red Priestess in Volantis said something about a saviour, the show hasnt given specifics on the actual prophecy so maybe their version will be established next season

AWESOMEO posted: »

Who said they're not both Azor Ahai? There's no clear mark on any prophecy that it's one person, maybe they're both Azor Ahai. Maybe they're

• The resolution to Rhaegar and Lyanna's story is not in the Game of Thrones, but in the War for the Dawn. Jon is not the type of character to want to sit the throne, especially if his other duties come first. That's why he ultimately rejected Stannis' offer of legitimization and Winterfell. Jon's story is about the fight with the Others, not who will sit on the Iron Throne, so even if Jon is considered a legitimate son of a married Rhaegar and Lyanna, he won't become King because that is not who he is meant to be. Like you said, the Iron Throne is for Dany and fAegon to fight over. Jon will likely want no part in it. And besides, Jon, Dany and Tyrion will probably die in the process of destroying the Others in the Land of Always Winter, because GRRM wouldn't have the fairytale ending of Jon and Dany ruling the Seven Kingdoms as King and Queen, if the Iron Throne even survives, and Westeros hasn't split into seperate kingdoms again. So even if Jon is a legitimate contender for the Throne, he will never take it, but the resolution to R+L=J is in fulfilling the prophecy and saving the world anyway.

True but its difficult to speak for a broken realm, especially when we know far more information than most characters. For instance Dorne an

• Since Michelle Fairley isn't coming back to play "Lady stoneheart" we will either be seeing jon snow come back as the prophet hero "AZOR AZAI" OR a vengeful zombified version of him called "LORD STONEHEART" who comes back to kill the boltons and freys. Would actually be a very cool Remix if Jon snow actually dies in the books.

• edited June 2015

After a lot of complains from watchers from the show , a new ending has been released :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wALRfzF52kc

• Im going to miss thst face. Prettier than half my daughters! (kidding, i dont have daughters)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.