Why did so many people keep Sera's secret?

I don't trust her, ever since I saw her in Episode 1 she is just not to be trusted.

As well as marrying a man probably 35 years older than herself, she doesn't deserve Lord Tarwick as he is a honest man who doesn't want any lies especially eavesdropping on Margarey and Sera talking about SERA replacing Mira!

It's been Sera's plan all along to rid Mira from her position to stop helping her family.. I don't know how 85% of you lot kept her secret.

She's not to be trusted.

Comments

• First it is Game of Thrones so naturaly you shouldnt trust anybody. There are only three people in te game that I truly trust - Royland, Malcolm and Talia.

Also Sera was persuading Margery to let Mira stay at least in my playthrough.

• TALIAS THE TRAITOR!!!

First it is Game of Thrones so naturaly you shouldnt trust anybody. There are only three people in te game that I truly trust - Royland, Malcolm and Talia. Also Sera was persuading Margery to let Mira stay at least in my playthrough.

• edited June 2015

Are you serious? ...... Where is motive? also actions says otherwise.

Wigams posted: »

TALIAS THE TRAITOR!!!

• Not serious lool

In all seriousness though I think it's Lady Forrester. Pulling a Catelyn Stark.

Are you serious? ...... Where is motive? also actions says otherwise.

• She hasn't given me a reason to not trust her, so in good faith I kept it. She wants to find a husband and if I told him it would ruin her and she'll never find one, plus she let me in the party so I owed her that.

• Maybe I'm just naive, but I can't bring myself to be mean or backstabbing to anyone I consider a friend or ally. Sera put a lot of faith in Mira keeping her secret safe with her. I couldn't betray her even if I wanted to.

• Could be but my bet is still Duncan.

Wigams posted: »

Not serious lool In all seriousness though I think it's Lady Forrester. Pulling a Catelyn Stark.

• I didn't told Tarwyck not because i'm naive but because my Mira wants this information to stay secret just so she has blackmail material against her, probably won't work because of the illusion of choice but just for the sake of RP.

• edited June 2015

I didnt see the point of revealing it. I feel like dropping sera in it would piss Marg off too since shes been keeping it herself. Also if the theory that lady olenna is Toms employer is true, that'd shit on her as well. My Mira is meant to be crafty, not full on two faced. Also, having something over Sera might prove useful if it turns out she's a traitor.

• I kept Sera's secret from Tarwick because I made a promise to her, and I'm not the type of guy who'd back stab my friends. Also I needed her to keep helping me as much as she can.

• edited June 2015

I didn't reveal Sera's secret not because she's not to be trusted but because I figured it'd make a useful ploy. Since she'd have to marry someone who could protect her from Tarwick extorting her but not know her secret, Mira would end up with two people useful to her: one on outside who sees what Mira's willing to do to help her family, and one within who is still getting what she wants but will likely not retaliate because now two people know her secret. In Sera's position I figure it'd be better to do what a former friend asks than a total stranger, so it's best to do as Mira requires.

I suppose this scenario shows that good people can have good reasons to betray their friends, much to the chagrin of onlookers.

• Even if you dont like her, why throw away a valuable secret then. Why not later at a more useful time

• She had just done me two huge favors. Besides, if you truly don't like Sera it's the best option. It's impossible for this secret to withstand the scrutiny of the marriage process. When he finally finds out and it causes him public embarrassment she'll most likely be killed.

• I never really liked Sera but I do trust her more than the coal boy. She is very naive tho and would spill my secret the second after I told her but I kept hers a secret mainly because she helped me get into the party and offered to help me with Magaery and what if I lie to Tarwick. He told me his super secret anyway. hah

• Sera does not like Mira in my game so still having the dirt on her hopefully will keep her in line.

• I never trusted her either, send her away when talking about family business and stuff. She isn't used to the game and spills all the secrets (like the wine-thing).

Still she sees me as a friend and trusts me. She helped me getting in to the party and even covered me when Lord Andros was making a fuss and Magaery was coming. She was trying to convince Mageary to keep me as a handmaiden. She really did a lot and tried to help me! And if she gets in a marriage with a Lord she will be even more useful.

Also, why would he find out anyway? Even if he did, he should know it was his mistake. He played a bad game. A word means nothing. If he is so bad in the game he is no threat :'D No seriously. I think Sera can help me with Magaery and I don't see any disadvantage in lying to Lord whatever-his-name-was. If Sera doesn't tell everyone herself the secret shouldn't be revealed. Who knows it? Magaery her mother and me. I didn't spill it. Magaery wouldn't do it unless Sera made her REALLY angry. It would reflect bad on Magaery so most likely not even then. Same goes for her mother.

• She's been a decent enough ally She's a bit stupid at times (The wine) But I haven't really gotten the feeling she's actively plotting against Mira. Besides, there's no reason to give away the information at this moment. I am a bit worried that it'll be found out anyways but what's the worst that could happen? Some random lord will be upset that I defended a friends honor? I felt it was better to keep Sera on my good side for now.

• I don't 100% trust her, but that doesn't mean I didn't owe her. She snuck me into the feast and kept Marge away, so in a way I felt like I owed her this time.

• The way I saw it, I owed her a solid for getting me into the party and keeping Margery distracted so I could talk to and snoop on the others. In my playthrough, Mira and Sera are (mostly) good friends, even if she was a little disappointed I wouldn't give her some alone time to talk to Margery.

• I helped her because she helped me, and if she wants to marry this guy, i didnt want to stand in her way.

• Sera's never treated me all that badly. Like @gwendog mentioned, Sera's naive but I don't think she's necessarily a bad person at heart.

• I dunno, man. She even QUOTES Catelyn Stark once or twice.

"You are a man without honor."

"Men without honor are like... DOGS!"

Could be but my bet is still Duncan.

• What good would come from that? Mira has very few allies as it is.

• I'm not 100% loyal to her either. But still, as long as she helps me out i'll help her out and she was quite competent in getting me into the party and keeping me from getting caught.

• I'm not going to betray my friend because I don't trust her literally five minutes earlier Sera had got me into the feast.

• Because I like her and because she's my friend. I do trust her because you can't mistrust everything. And besides, all she cares about is getting married. You really think she's plotting against Mira? She's kind of ditsy so how would she even achieve that?

• Why do you think, that not trusting Sera is a good reason to backstab her? If you don't like her and want to make things difficult for her - just say so. If you really think, that she can betray you, revealing her secret is a pretty dumb thing to do, because that gives her a very good and justified reason to help whoever wants to destroy Mira. Also, if you were nice to Sera, she will vouch for you and ask Margery not to send Myra away.

• edited June 2015

Why? because we're not a bunch of ungrateful backstabbing snakes,unlike those who did.

• Well either way we will find out next time.

Harpadarpa posted: »

I dunno, man. She even QUOTES Catelyn Stark once or twice. "You are a man without honor." "Men without honor are like... DOGS!"

• She hasn't done anything to make me dislike her in any of my playthroughs (Even the one where I was a complete bitch to everyone she still vouched for me).
    At first I thought I didn't like her I thought she may have been a spy, but even if she was, she hasn't asked us for information of any kind.
    No Sera is just naive and stupid. She helps me, I'll help her.

• Sera's kept many of Mira's secrets and been a loyal friend. She made it possible for Mira to go to the party and obtain the information she needed, and got Miras back many times. Sera's playing the game her own way, and she wants to secure her future with marriage, and Mira is determined to secure house Forrester's future. It's not my problem that she's not telling Tarwick about her past, it's something for them to sort out.

• I have thrown her to the wolves.

• She has no real allies
    • She is "just" a bastard
    • Will the young queen want to lose 2 hand maidens? No there is the chance to keep Mira.
    • Better to make a friend of that old lord guy, who might help your family.
  • She hasn't given me a reason to blow her secret, she trusted me with it and has been nice to me, she even tried defending me against Margaery at the coronation, so why would I spill her secret?

• I kept her secret because it would've been stupid not to. Mira needs all the allies she can have, she has Tom and Sera, that's it. Marg and Tyrion were helpful but they weren't trustworthy. Mira doesn't know this lord well, he has done nothing for her while Sera has done a lot. Why would I reveal her secret and lose a much needed friend?

• Or they push it off to the finale.

Well either way we will find out next time.

• edited June 2015

Cause while playing Mira, she:

Trusted me with her secret.

Helped me get into the Wedding.

Prevented Margaery from confronting me.

• I hope not.

Harpadarpa posted: »

Or they push it off to the finale.

• Cause while playing Talia

Since when can you play as Talia and how does she know Sera?

prink34320 posted: »

Cause while playing Mira, she: Trusted me with her secret. Helped me get into the Wedding. Prevented Margaery from confronting me.

• It's not the sentinels, proven by 2 optional game scenes at highpoint

Could be but my bet is still Duncan.

• That scene causes that everybody dies and it never happened. It was just telltale trolling us (but it was very funny).

It's not the sentinels, proven by 2 optional game scenes at highpoint

Sign in to comment in this discussion.