Finale of the War of the Five Kings

edited June 2015 in Game Of Thrones

With Stannis dead which part of me does not want to believe, there is now only two remaining factions left, House Greyjoy led by Balon Greyjoy and House Baratheon of King's Landing led by Tommen 'Baratheon'. So with these two left in this war who would you pick?
Greyjoy or Baratheon (Bastard of Lannister Incest)

To let you guys know, if Stannis is really dead then I pick House Greyjoy.

Comments

• edited June 2015

Neither honestly, at this point I'd say the Tyrells and Littlefinger with the Vale are the strongest factions remaining. Perhaps Dorne as well.

All the original contenders for the throne kinda got fucked.

• The Vale refuses to enter any conflict and the Tyrells are servents to the House Baratheon of King's Landing.

Neither honestly, at this point I'd say the Tyrells and Littlefinger with the Vale are the strongest factions remaining. Perhaps Dorne as well. All the original contenders for the throne kinda got fucked.

• The Vale refuses to enter any conflict

I doubt that'll last long with their new change of leadership...

Tyrells are servents to the House Baratheon of King's Landing.

For now, at least. I don't think the crown and them are on particularly good terms at the moment.

Nightmare1 posted: »

The Vale refuses to enter any conflict and the Tyrells are servents to the House Baratheon of King's Landing.

• Margery is married to the Tommen but they might start a different war with the Lannisters instead of entering a war with the Iron Throne.
    The Vale is controlled by Robin Arryn as he is Warden of the East, Lord of the Eyrie, and Lord Paramount of the Vale so there has been no real change of leadership, Petyr is Lord Protector temporary control until Robin becomes of age and in season 4 he states the Vale should support Robin in teaching him to lead the Vale and had no intention of having the Vale join the war.

The Vale refuses to enter any conflict I doubt that'll last long with their new change of leadership... Tyrells are servents t

• AWESOMEOAWESOMEO Banned
    edited June 2015

Balon Greyjoy isn't shit, and the most powerful factions right now are probably the Tyrells and Peter in the Vale/Boltons (depends who wins, since they might go to war if Peter plans to attack them).

• Technically House Baratheon doesnt exist(?) anymore when you dont count Robert´s bastards. Also I wont believe that Stannis is dead until I see his dead body.

• There are no other factions in this war, Tyrell and Bolton is part of House Baratheon of King's Landing faction and Vale currently neutral with no plans for attack.

• Stannis is still alive. Balon Greyjoy is dip shit and useless. Tomem Baration/Lannister will be there for a while (With cersi out again). Tyrells won't take the throne because they support the targarians during robert's rebellion. Kevan Lannister is nothing in front of cersi. Might be a war with Jemie Lanister and the Sand Snakes. But the throne belongs to Daneries Stormborn or white walkers.

• If they include Euron's story in next season, then the Greyjoy's will be much more interesting.

• Im talking about the War of The Five Kings, Dany is not in the War of The Five Kings and the Tyrells have the throne. Margery is the Queen.

Sai Madadi posted: »

Stannis is still alive. Balon Greyjoy is dip shit and useless. Tomem Baration/Lannister will be there for a while (With cersi out again). Ty

• Well at this point even backround characters are more interesting.

LeFedore posted: »

If they include Euron's story in next season, then the Greyjoy's will be much more interesting.

• AWESOMEOAWESOMEO Banned
    edited June 2015

Love your book Stannis profile pic lmfao

Well at this point even backround characters are more interesting.

• Greyjoy's ain't shit? Bitch please, just wait for Victarion Greyjoy and his iron fleet, they are heading to a certain place ;)

• i think Stannis isnt dead. I gave stannis fan boys shit the first week, but i dont think they cut the "death scene" for no reason. but will he live very long? no i wouldnt be surprised if he died by mid season

• All Victarion's good for is killing dudes in battle, he's a fucking idiot and doesn't compare to Stannis as a naval commander. The ironborn pride themselves in their naval superiority, yet Stannis managed to crush Victarion's iron fleet because it was his duty as Master of Ships

kaza125 posted: »

Greyjoy's ain't shit? Bitch please, just wait for Victarion Greyjoy and his iron fleet, they are heading to a certain place

• Well Stannis is dead, so...

tmsmyth4 posted: »

All Victarion's good for is killing dudes in battle, he's a fucking idiot and doesn't compare to Stannis as a naval commander. The ironborn

• If Stannis is dead it doesn't make Victarion any more competent or less of an idiot

Well Stannis is dead, so...

• Well there are no trueborn Baratheons left that we know of. Most of Robert's bastards are dead, so Gendry is the only person related to a Baratheon that we know to be alive. But it is possible that there are other, less powerful Baratheons out their. After all, we know there a still a lot of Lannisters, even though the house is rather scattered at the moment.

Technically House Baratheon doesnt exist(?) anymore when you dont count Robert´s bastards. Also I wont believe that Stannis is dead until I see his dead body.

• Littlefinger obviously waits to be the last man standing. There is no chance at all he will let Robin rule at any time. Either Robin will die of his sickness or Littlefinger will make damn sure he dies of his sickniss. But till then he has to make sure that he will stay in power in the eyrie since he has no real claim to it - YET.

Margery is married to the Tommen but they might start a different war with the Lannisters instead of entering a war with the Iron Throne. T

• edited June 2015

House Baratheon is represented by Tommen of House Baretheon. There are some mostly dead traiters who doubt his legitimacy but all his liege lords and the faith have acknowlegded him beeing the rightfull heir. That's how 90% of the population that matters (who knows about and cares anyway) would put it right now.

Technically House Baratheon doesnt exist(?) anymore when you dont count Robert´s bastards. Also I wont believe that Stannis is dead until I see his dead body.

• House Baelish are loyal servants to House Arryn and with Robin being under constant protection and care it would be really difficult for Petyr to kill him. Not to mention he is lord of Harrenhal which is cursed. As he is lord protector his house loses money trying to maintain Harrenhal.

Littlefinger obviously waits to be the last man standing. There is no chance at all he will let Robin rule at any time. Either Robin will di

• edited June 2015

Tommen is bastard born of Lannister incest, he is really Tommen Hills if you know about Bastardy in Westeros.

House Baratheon is represented by Tommen of House Baretheon. There are some mostly dead traiters who doubt his legitimacy but all his liege

• The war of the five kings is the least important thing in Westeros right now. No one wins.

• The fact that he's dead means he is more of a fool. Burns daughter, loses his men, horses.
    Stannis is dead, Victarion is not.

If Stannis is dead it doesn't make Victarion any more competent or less of an idiot

• There is no reason for him to live on. His story has played his part.

jamex1223 posted: »

i think Stannis isnt dead. I gave stannis fan boys shit the first week, but i dont think they cut the "death scene" for no reason. but will he live very long? no i wouldnt be surprised if he died by mid season

• edited June 2015

Valar morghulis

I dont see how Victarion survives the battle of fire, Euron is playing him for a fool its just not clear how exactly. Stannis did those things the show, but Vicarion doesnt even exist and may end up being merged into Euron as one character. Book wise, Stannis could still outlive Vic so The Mannis wins whichever way you look at it!

The fact that he's dead means he is more of a fool. Burns daughter, loses his men, horses. Stannis is dead, Victarion is not.

• Oh book stannis beats Victarion, no question. But when Vic comes into the show, (Still hoping), he be better, deal with it motherlicker.

Valar morghulis I dont see how Victarion survives the battle of fire, Euron is playing him for a fool its just not clear how exactly. Sta

• There is still Robb Stark's will out there proclaiming the next King in the North. My vote's for him, be it Rickon, Bran, Benjen, Arya, Sansa or Jon. Whomever Robb named, is good enough for me.

C'mon Howland, show your face!

• Tyrell's are much stronger than Lannisters now and Greyjoys are only good in water. Littlefinger is very powerful now, but I still don't understand why he gave Sansa to Boltons. I wasn't cheap or easy for him to rescue her and now he just gives her away.

• Would not he still be a Lannister because both his parents are? Or because Jaime is a member of the Kingsguard (or was, Idr) And is male it voids any lineage to the Lannister line Tommen would have?

Tommen is bastard born of Lannister incest, he is really Tommen Hills if you know about Bastardy in Westeros.

• You can be sure he has his reasons, whether WE will ever know what they are is another thing entirely.

I really can't say much more though, because in my head i know that Sansa is safe-ish in the Vale. And i really don't understand why the show planted Sansa in Jeyne Poole's role. But whatever.

jarmoksk posted: »

Tyrell's are much stronger than Lannisters now and Greyjoys are only good in water. Littlefinger is very powerful now, but I still don't und

• One of the ways of being a bastard is incest. He is Tommen Hills, if a Bastard is born and one of his noble parents if their noble acknowledges him then he can only use the last name designated for bastard in the land were his mother comes from for example a bastard is born in Pyke, his name would be (insert name) Pyke since his mother came from the Iron Islands. He can only be legitimized by the king or lord then he can used the name of his house. Tommen was never legitimized since he was a bastard and no body knew.

pcharl01 posted: »

Would not he still be a Lannister because both his parents are? Or because Jaime is a member of the Kingsguard (or was, Idr) And is male it voids any lineage to the Lannister line Tommen would have?

• He named Jon, his eldest "brother" King in the North and legalised him (even though he's not Ned's bastard but whatever).

Arya_Stupid posted: »

There is still Robb Stark's will out there proclaiming the next King in the North. My vote's for him, be it Rickon, Bran, Benjen, Arya, Sansa or Jon. Whomever Robb named, is good enough for me. C'mon Howland, show your face!

• I know that, but there are those out there who disagree with what it means, if anything. Or disagree that he would have named Jon at all.

I am of the opinion that he Did legitimize and name Jon King in the North, i was just trying to generalize so as not to start an argument :)

AWESOMEO posted: »

He named Jon, his eldest "brother" King in the North and legalised him (even though he's not Ned's bastard but whatever).

• Well if Jon was legitimized then his name wouldn't be Snow.

I know that, but there are those out there who disagree with what it means, if anything. Or disagree that he would have named Jon at all.

• It is obvious why show did that. Same reason Jorah got greyscale and Gendry was handed to Stannis.

You can be sure he has his reasons, whether WE will ever know what they are is another thing entirely. I really can't say much more thoug

• It would be if no one knew that he was legitimized yet. Obviously.

Or if the North is aware, now is not the time for them to proclaim it to all and sundry, what with Stannis and Bolton BOTH likely to see Jon Stark as a pretty big threat to their respective bids for power. Just my humble opionion of course.

Well if Jon was legitimized then his name wouldn't be Snow.

• edited June 2015

" It would be if no one knew that he was legitimized yet. Obviously."
    I respect that but he was never legitimized, even stannis wanted to legitimize him but he refused. He is dead anyway.

It would be if no one knew that he was legitimized yet. Obviously. Or if the North is aware, now is not the time for them to proclaim it

• I have already said i was trying to avoid an argument, and that my previous statement was my opinion only, but if you really want.....

Here we go again. It is my opinion that Robb did legitimize his brother. He outright states his intention to do so. Jon was the last living son of Ned, the last living child aside from Sansa who was wed to their enemies now - as far as Robb knew anyways.

There is no doubt in my mind that Robb would have made sure that the Stark line did not fail on his watch. Yes, he would make an heir of his own ASAP, but until then... There would have to be a legitimate Stark heir. Who else is there but Jon in Robb's limited view of the Actual situation? He outright shot down all of Catelyns bullshit about distant cousins in the Vale. So he had to have an heir, therefore he Had to have a will to proclaim said heir and Robbs intentions for his Kingdom.

It all seems very straightforward to me, what happened, why it happened, how it is unfolding now.

As for Jon being dead, i highly doubt it. And until TWOW comes out i will continue to doubt that Jon is dead.

If you don't like what i have to say, please stop responding to me.

• edited June 2015

Didn't I say I respect what your saying, I was only trying to discuss Jon Snow in your opinion but If I screwed up im sorry. calm down, Christ. I was just saying that I think he wasn't legitimized since he continued to use the names snow and that Bran and Rickon is still alive. He was also going to have a child so he didn't think that the stark line would fall at all. oh fuck this im too tired just don't respond ignore.

I have already said i was trying to avoid an argument, and that my previous statement was my opinion only, but if you really want..... He

Sign in to comment in this discussion.