Favorite quote (show, books, game)

Comments

• edited May 2015

Books: “Foes and false friends are all around me, Lord Davos. They infest my city like roaches, and at night I feel them crawling over me.” The fat man’s fingers coiled into a fist, and all his chins trembled. “My son Wendel came to the Twins a guest. He ate Lord Walder’s bread and salt, and hung his sword upon the wall to feast with his friends. And they murdered him. Murdered, I say, and may the Freys choke upon their fables. I drink with Jared, jape with Symond, promise Rhaegar the hand of my own beloved granddaughter…but never think that means I have forgotten. The north remembers, Lord Davos. The north remembers, and the mummer’s farce is almost done. My son is home.” -Wyman Manderly

Show: "What the fucks a Lommy?" -Sandor Clegane

Game: "This is still MY HOUSE!" -Rodrik

• "Sit. Down. At once." - Ethan Forrester

With such a stern glare. This is the quote that made Ethan my favorite TTG protagonist. Dammit, it's such a freakin' waste. Seriously, he could have become even cooler and more badass than he was with just that one quote. Maybe, maybe not, but man. I'll never NOT be sore over that.

• Reviving this thread for "You want a good girl, but you need a bad pussy."

11/10 A grade writing

• edited June 2015

"Someone took her away from me, and seven kingdoms couldn't fill the hole she left behind." - Robert Baratheon

In one perfectly delivered line, I began to feel for King Robert.

• That would've bee cuter if it weren't coming from that pig though lmao.

"Someone took her away from me, and seven kingdoms couldn't fill the hole she left behind." - Robert Baratheon In one perfectly delivered line, I began to feel for King Robert.

• "I want to live forever in a land where summer lasts a thousand years. I want a castle in the clouds where I can look down over the world. I want to be six-and-twenty again. When I was six-and-twenty I could fight all day and fuck all night. What men want does not matter. Winter is almost upon us, boy, and winter is death. I would sooner my men die fighting for the Ned's little girl than alone and hungry in the snow, weeping tears that freeze upon their cheeks. No one sings songs of men who die like that. As for me, I am old. This will be my last winter. Let me bathe in Bolton blood before I die. I want to feel it spatter across my face when my axe bites deep into a Bolton skull. I want to lick it off my lips and die with the taste of it on my tounge." -- Hugo "Big Bucket" Wull.

"When the cold winds rise, we shall live or die together.--Stannis Baratheon.

"I was a better smuggler than a knight, a better knight than a King's hand, a better King's hand than a husband. I am so sorry Marya, I have loved you. Please forgive me for the wrongs I did you."--Davos Seaworth.

“More less than more. There are many sorts of outlaws, just as there are many sorts of birds. A sandpiper and a sea eagle both have wings, but they are not the same. The singers love to sing of good men forced to go outside the law to fight some wicked lord, but most outlaws are more like this ravening Hound than they are the lightning lord. They are evil men, driven by greed, soured by malice, despising the gods and caring only for themselves. Broken men are more deserving of our pity, though they may be just as dangerous. Almost all are common-born, simple folk who had never been more than a mile from the house where they were born until the day some lord came round to take them off to war. Poorly shod and poorly clad, they march away beneath his banners, ofttimes with no better arms than a sickle or a sharpened hoe, or a maul they made themselves by lashing a stone to a stick with strips of hide. Brothers march with brothers, sons with fathers, friends with friends. They’ve heard the songs and stories, so they go off with eager hearts, dreaming of the wonders they will see, of the wealth and glory they will win. War seems a fine adventure, the greatest most of them will ever know.
    “Then they get a taste of battle.
    “For some, that one taste is enough to break them. Others go on for years, until they lose count of all the battles they have fought in, but even a man who has survived a hundred fights can break in his hundred-and-first. Brothers watch their brothers die, fathers lose their sons, friends see their friends trying to hold their entrails in after they’ve been gutted by an axe.
    “They see the lord who led them there cut down, and some other lord shouts that they are his now. They take a wound, and when that’s still half-healed they take another. There is never enough to eat, their shoes fall to pieces from the marching, their clothes are torn and rotting, and half of them are shitting in their breeches from drinking bad water.
    “If they want new boots or a warmer cloak or maybe a rusted iron halfhelm, they need to take them from a corpse, and before long they are stealing from the living too, from the smallfolk whose lands they’re fighting in, men very like the men they used to be. They slaughter their sheep and steal their chickens, and from there it’s just a short step to carrying off their daughters too. And one day they look around and realize all their friends and kin are gone, that they are fighting beside strangers beneath a banner that they hardly recognize. They don’t know where they are or how to get back home and the lord they’re fighting for does not know their names, yet here he comes, shouting for them to form up, to make a line with their spears and scythes and sharpened hoes, to stand their ground. And the knights come down on them, faceless men clad all in steel, and the iron thunder of their charge seems to fill the world…
    “And the man breaks.
    “He turns and runs, or crawls off afterward over the corpses of the slain, or steals away in the black of night, and he finds someplace to hide. All thought of home is gone by then, and kings and lords and gods mean less to him than a haunch of spoiled meat that will let him live another day, or a skin of bad wine that might drown his fear for a few hours. The broken man lives from day to day, from meal to meal, more beast than man. Lady Brienne is not wrong. In times like these, the traveler must beware of broken men, and fear them…but he should pity them as well.”--Septon Meribald.

• "Where are you from, anyway? The north or the south?

I come from a very small village in a—

Oh, wait. I just realized... I don't care."

―Sansa Stark to Mordane, A Golden Crown

"Oh, fuck me."

―Tyrion Lannister, Blackwater

"You want the good girl . but you need the bad pussy."

―Tyene Sand, Mother's Mercy

• Daenerys: (Game) Justice was for Meeren to deliver not you.
    Daenerys: (Show) But my dragons made no promises and you threaten their mother.
    Beskha (Game) I crushed his balls with my hands and they made a sort of popping noise.

• "'Too hot, too noisy, and I'd drunk too much wine', the dwarf told him. 'I learned long ago that it is considered rude to vomit on your brother.'"

“When they finally broke apart, Ygritte was flushed. "You're mine," she whispered. "Mine, as I'm yours. And if we die, we die. All men must die, Jon Snow. But first we'll live.”

"'This is not Winterfell', he told him as he cut his meat with fork and dagger. 'On the Wall, a man gets only what he earns. You're no ranger, Jon, only a green boy with the smell of summer still on you.'"

• AWESOMEOAWESOMEO Banned
    edited June 2015

"I saved you all, Tyrion thought. I saved this vile city and all your worthless lives. There were hundreds in the throne room, every one of them laughing but his father. Or so it seemed. Even the Red Viper chortled, and Mace Tyrell looked like to bust a gut, but Lord Tywin Lannister sat between them as if made of stone, his fingers steepled beneath his chin.

Tyrion pushed forward. "MY LORDS!" he shouted. He had to shout, to have any hope of being heard.
    His father raised a hand. Bit by bit, the hall grew silent.

"Get this lying whore out of my sight," said Tyrion, "and I will give you your confession."

Lord Tywin nodded, gestured. Shae looked half in terror as the gold cloaks formed up around her. Her eyes met Tyrion's as they marched her from the wall. Was it shame he saw there, or fear? He wondered what Cersei had promised her. You will get the gold or jewels, whatever it was you asked for, he thought as he watched her back recede, but before the moon has turned she'll have you entertaining the gold cloaks in their barracks.

Tyrion stared up at his father's hard green eyes with their flecks of cold bright gold. "Guilty," he said, "so guilty. Is that what you wanted to hear?"

Lord Tywin said nothing. Mace Tyrell nodded. Prince Oberyn looked mildly disappointed. "You admit you poisoned the king?"
    "Nothing of the sort," said Tyrion. "Of Joffrey's death I am innocent. I am guilty of a more monstrous crime." He took a step toward his father. "I was born. I lived. I am guilty of being a dwarf, I confess it. And no matter how many times my good father forgave me, I have persisted in my infamy."

"This is folly, Tyrion," declared Lord Tywin. "Speak to the matter at hand. You are not on trial for being a dwarf."
    "That is where you err, my lord. I have been on trial for being a dwarf my entire life."

"Have you nothing to say in your defense?"

"Nothing but this: I did not do it. Yet now I wish I had." He turned to face the hall, that sea of pale faces. "I wish I had enough poison for you all. You make me sorry that I am not the monster you would have me be, yet there it is. I am innocent, but I will get no justice here. You leave me
    no choice but to appeal to the gods. I demand trial by battle."

"Have you taken leave of your wits?" his father said.

"No, I've found them. I demand trial by battle!""

• "If I hear another word pour out your cunt mouth, I'm going to have to eat every chicken in this place." -The Hound

• ArthurVArthurV Telltale Alumni

"The common people pray for rain, healthy children, and a summer that never ends. It is no matter to them if the high lords play their game of thrones, so long as they are left in peace. They never are."

-Jorah Mormont, A Game of Thrones

• "Fair enough. But don't go looking for me to bend the knee and "m'lord" you every time you take a shit. I'm not your toady and I'm not your friend."
    Bronn

"I'm a sellsword, I sell my sword. I don't lend it out to friends as a favor."
    Bronn

with my favorite possibly being "There's no cure for being a cunt."

Oh fuck it! All Bronn lines are great! Only Tyrion has as many great quips.

• edited June 2015

"Sunset found her squatting in the grass, groaning. Every stool was looser than the one before, and smelled fouler. By the time the moon came up she was shitting brown water. The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew, and her thirst sent her crawling to the stream to suck up more water."

~ Daenerys Targaryen, Mother of Dragons .

"Whilst you snored, I would lick your sons off my face and fingers one by one, all those pale sticky princes. You claimed your right, my lord, but in the darkness I would eat your heirs"

~ Cersei Lannister , Queen Regent

• Poetry clearly... yeah stuff like this is part of the reason I give book fans the sideways look when they say the books are 100% better then the show. Still love the books, just saying.

FishySticks posted: »

"Sunset found her squatting in the grass, groaning. Every stool was looser than the one before, and smelled fouler. By the time the moon cam

• “Do you think Ser Lothor likes her as she is, in mail and leather? Or does he dream of her draped in silks and velvets?”

“He’s a man. He dreams of her naked.”

• "Chaos is a laddah"

Oh my god. This is my fav

torkahn808 posted: »

"Oh, my sweet summer child, what do you know about fear? Fear is for the winter, when the snows fall a hundred feet deep. Fear is for the lo

• How would you like to die Tyrion son of Tywin?
    In my bed, at the age of 80, with a belly full of wine, a maiden's mouth around my cock.
    Classic Tyrion

• Jon Umber: My Lords! Here is what I say to these two Kings [spits] Renly Baratheon is nothing to me, nor Stannis neither. Why should they rule over me and mine from some flowery seat in the South? What do they know of the Wall or the Wolfswood? Even their Gods are wrong! Why shouldn't we rule ourselves again? It was the Dragons we bowed to and now the Dragons are dead! There sits the only King I mean to bend my knee to ... the King in the North!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI2WKeJpV8o

This scene still gives me chills :'(

• That smirking worm who wears a dragons name - Wyman Manderly. The son is just the shadow of the father - Theon Greyjoy.

Roose has no feelings you see. Those leeches he loves so well sucked all the passion out of him years ago. he does not love, he does not hate, he does not grieve. This is a game to him, mildly diverting. Some men hunt, some Hawk, some tumble dice. Roose plays with men. You and me, these freys, lord Manderly, his plump new wife, even his bastard, we are but his playthings - Barbrey Dustin.

• "Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, shit gold"- Tyrion thoughts.

• Gared: "Let me have a see"

Gared then pokes Cotter's wound

• "Oberyn wanted vengeance for Elia. Now the three of you want vengeance for him. I have four daughters, I remind you. Your sisters. My Elia is fourteen, almost a woman. Obella is twelve, on the brink of maidenhood. They worship you, as Dorea and Loreza worship them. If you should die, must El and Obella seek vengeance for you, then Dorea and Loree for them? Is that how it goes, round and round forever? I ask again, where does it end? I saw your father die. Here is his killer. Can I take a skull to bed with me, to give me comfort in the night? Will it make me laugh, write me songs, care for me when I am old and sick?"

-Ellaria Sand

• edited June 2015

"Men call me Darkstar, and I am of the night"

-Dorkstar.

• edited June 2015

Alt text

Ding Ding

"It's shaming time bitches." - Shame woman

• "Scared of a handmaiden?"

• Lord friendzone <3

ArthurV posted: »

"The common people pray for rain, healthy children, and a summer that never ends. It is no matter to them if the high lords play their game of thrones, so long as they are left in peace. They never are." -Jorah Mormont, A Game of Thrones

• Oh my God I hate her so much lmao

dexnerxc posted: »

"Oberyn wanted vengeance for Elia. Now the three of you want vengeance for him. I have four daughters, I remind you. Your sisters. My Elia i

• I really like her in the novels, she's pretty much a different character in the show.

AWESOMEO posted: »

Oh my God I hate her so much lmao

• "Who doesn't love bacon?" - Gared

• Robb Stark "Tell Lord Tywin winter is coming for 20 thousand Northerners marching south to find out if he really does shit gold"

• Yeah, I hate her in the show, not the books, too :p

dexnerxc posted: »

I really like her in the novels, she's pretty much a different character in the show.

• edited June 2015
    Ser Amory Lorch,
    Queen Cersei Lannister,
    Chiswyck,
    Dunsen,
    Ser Gregor Clegane,
    Ser Ilyn Payne,
    King Joffrey Baratheon,
    Ser Meryn Trant,
    Polliver,
    Raff the Sweetling,
    Sandor Clegane,
    The Tickler,
    Weese,

Repeat, Repeat, Repeat........ Arya Stark

• "You Cunt!" Ludd Whitehill.

• “Needle was Robb and Bran and Rickon, her mother and her father, even Sansa. Needle was Winterfell’s grey walls, and the laughter of its people. Needle was the summer snows, Old Nan’s stories, the heart tree with its red leaves and scary face, the warm earthy smell of the glass gardens, the sound of the north wind rattling the shutters of her room. Needle was Jon Snow’s smile.”

• Watching your vicious bastard die gave me more relief then a thousand lying whores.

I WILL NOT GIVE MY LIFE FOR JOFFREY'S MURDER AND I KNOW I'LL GET NO JUSTICE HERE. I WILL LET THE GODS DECIDE MY FATE. I DEMAND A TRIAL BY COMBAT...

• Tyrion Lannister , The Laws of Gods and Men, Episode 6 of Season 4.
  • edited July 2015

"Don't be so bloody dramatic...I'm just getting started."

• Mira Forrester

Seriously this quote turned Mira more badass than she already is! She keeps growing and becoming better at playing the Game of Thrones.

• "A very small man can cast a very large shadow

• "Let the priests worry about 'good' and 'evil'. I'm giving them a choice: they can live in my new world, or they can die in their old one."
    ―Daenerys Targaryen

• Everything Tyrion says in the show. Especially:

"Why are all the gods such vicious cunts?"

And his conversation with Cersei when she tells him he should give Sansa a child, then they go on to talking about Joffery.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.