Why do so many people Not Like Sera?

A division among players over whether or not to trust Sera seems to be quite prominent, all these theories on whether she is plotting against Mira or is just a naive girl who wants to get married to escape her bastard name, and while there are those players who do like Sera (I have a generally favorable view on her though I can't help but feel suspicious every now and then...) - I'd like to know why there are many players who dislike or distrust Sera.

Is there any solid evidence of Sera being a potential threat to Mira?

Comments

• It's Kings' Landing. I think that's all the evidence people need.

• I would say probably because of the "Game of Thrones mentality" - that you can't trust anybody and people will only be looking out for themselves. Telltale provides quite a few players with opportunities and moments that subconsciously make you doubt Sera. A moment that comes to mind is when Mira is given the choice of telling Margaery about her family's troubles in front of Sera or asking her to leave. That's one of the first few scenes with her, so since it puts her in a not so great light, it leaves an impression on the player that there could be a reason why you wouldn't trust her.

For me, I like Sera. I don't know if I can 100% trust her yet, so I'm cautious, but for right now, it's been a thing of "what you give is what you'll get." If you treat Sera as a friend, she'll be one back to you. If you treat her poorly, then no wonder she's gonna be a pain when you're around her. I'm interested in seeing where her story leads.

• No I dont think that there is any threat from her side (If you were nice to her). She is my friend and so far helped me when I needed her help. She is my friend. When we are talking about trust dont forget this is Game of Thrones and you cant trust anyone entirely.

• edited June 2015

Shes just kind of an idiot. I feel as if she may screw over mira and even herself unintentionally.

Also she may betray mira as she has shown she really does put herself first and will do anything to marry someone and leave her roots behind

• I think Mira said it best "If handmaidans don't look out for each other, no one else will."

• Everyone involved in politics in King's Landing is looking to move up even your friends trust will get you killed and I agree with everything Firewallcano said.

• edited June 2015

It's not that I don't like her, the problem is that I don't trust her. The only person I trust in King's Landing is Tom.

Despite not trusting her, I am kind to her, I didn't told Tarwyck she was a bastard, not after hearing the conversation between Margaery and Sera (during Tommen's coronation feast).

• I didnt play episode 2-4 but she looks like the type of girl whos gonna betray me if i trust her.

• I trust her more than I don't but she's one of the top 3 I'd be worried about screwing us over at King's Landing. I'm simply trying to keep her happy since I'm feeling she might be the reason we get killed or worse. I can't help but see Sera as this variable I need to keep under control lest she goes out of control.

• She's annoying.

• I wouldn't say I dislike her. I just feel she's going to do something stupid and I don't want Mira be dragged down with her.

• Because she's naive and stupid

But at the end she helped Mira so I stayed loyal to her

• She lied about her real name, who knows what else she could be hiding? It's King's Landing, everyone has secrets.

• No one likes a hideous bastard. I didn't tell of her secret, but Mira isn't her friend anymore. She should've kept her secrets to herself.

Closest chance to abandon/get rid of her will be taken.

All women are like that. Never stop talking. Heart breakers.

• I also have the feeling that she may betray me, but I can't really explain why. It's just a gut feeling. It would nevertheless make me heartbroken tho, my Mira considers her a dear friend and was always good to her (kept Sera's secret and I took the blame for the wine even tho I have no idea why I did that because that was really dangerous and stupid lmao).

I would never tell her about my murder and Tom though. Never ever. No matter how much I consider her a friend and even though I've always been honest before. That's just something I can't and won't tell anybody.

• Shes just a really annoying character who i give no shit about. I care only about the forresters so when she goes on and on about how horrible it is to be a bastard I just want to kill her.

• edited June 2015

Except she told you her secret.

prink34320 posted: »

She lied about her real name, who knows what else she could be hiding? It's King's Landing, everyone has secrets.

• Yeah but is the truly any proof? I mean I'm not saying she's a liar I'm just thinking that it's possible she could be making that up to gain Mira's trust.

AgentZ46 posted: »

Except she told you her secret.

• edited June 2015

She is after a rich husband. She is a materialist. I don't trust no materialist. Would you go on a plane if it's auto pilot system was developed by EA? I didn't think so...

• Well she's a friend to Mira at the moment (in my game). There are times that you doubt her if she will be loyal, though she told her secret to her and to think that Mira can spill it to others if she will not be kind enough haha. I trust Tom more than Sera

• i revealed her secret to Tarwick just because i think tarwick will be more useful to me than Sera.If she wants to help me,i'll let her,but i won't help her in any way,as i think it won't put me in a power position.

• in episode 4 after sera saves you from facing margery you can eavesdrop on her and margery and you will hear sera trying to get margery not to replace you so i think sera is trustworthy

• I replayed the game a while ago and noticed something interesting. Sera said her mother died not long after her birth and she didnt know who her father is. Ludds wife died not long after giving birth to Griff. I wonder if there is some coherence. But every theory Iam thinking about sounds kinda ridiculous. But think about it if its really true: Sera is a Whitehill bastard but still working for her family. Or maybe really doesnt know her parents/family.

• I don't dislike her, but I don't trust her. As the books say, bastards are wanton and treacherous by nature. Sera fits the bill so far, I wouldn't put it past her to screw Mira over for her own sake.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.