The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• That's good. I'm glad a lot of folks are doing well with school.

ComingSoon posted: »

Hey Tobi! And thanks. It's been going pretty well for the most part. Busy though.

• edited June 2015

Well if it's an older Joker than I would love to see Mark Hamill play him in a live action role. He was pretty awesome in The Flash as the Trickster which is basically a Joker knockoff anyways lol

Markd4547 posted: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4BpsUbgSiY I wish they made him the new Joker who would you want to play Joker?

• Too kind, lmfao.

PS1? I will just send you my PS4, I don't use it anyway. (Serious) Tell me your detailed address, I'm serious I will send my PS4 (I seriously am going to send it).

• Heath Ledger... :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4BpsUbgSiY I wish they made him the new Joker who would you want to play Joker?

• For anyone who feels police brutality is a race issue this video may help :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj0mtxXEGE8

• edited June 2015

congratulations !

I just hit 10,000 likes! ^__^

• edited June 2015

you take cash or credit?

PS1? I will just send you my PS4, I don't use it anyway. (Serious) Tell me your detailed address, I'm serious I will send my PS4 (I seriously am going to send it).

• edited June 2015

Someone should just make a thread for this or something 'cause I don't wanna be seeing girls making erotic tongue movements in gifs or huge boobs on my screen when I come into this thread. No thanks.

• Inside Out is a great movie. Pixar never disappoints.

Alt text

• OMG Warriors from Erin Hunter is the best book series I've ever read, I'm obsessed <3 <3 <3

• I love love love this movie, I also loved the short film that played before it.

torkahn808 posted: »

Inside Out is a great movie. Pixar never disappoints.

• Very tempting, but I'd rather not give away any more info about where I live. Any chance you could post a pic?

• Well now I gotta go waste 30 bucks on a new keyboard and mouse.

• AWESOMEOAWESOMEO Banned
    edited June 2015

Pixar has had a pretty good track record in the past. Post Wall-E Pixar is pretty shit in my opinion, all they do right now is beat their dead horse to make it spit out more and more merchandise money. I mean come on, all they're making right now are rehashes of old movies (with the exception of Inside Out); Toy Story 3 and 4, Finding Dory, The Incredibles 2, Cars 3... call me biased, but to me it seems like Pixar has reinvested their efforts into selling their merchandise rather than selling their creativity.

While the concept itself is a little unconventional compared to other Pixar films, the concept isn't really all that original, the characters aren't all that original, and the sequence of events is way beyond predictable. So the concept being a little different from Pixar movies but not that different from movies in general kind of makes it feel like it wasn't a Pixar movie at all; part of what got Pixar famous in the first place is that they were able to stand out from other animated pictures, but now the roles are reversed and it's hard to tell where they stand out anymore - this is also why they pulled the "Hey, remember we're Pixar?" thing in the trailer, because if the trailer had to stand out of its own without that label then this movie would have not been as hyped. I'm not saying that it's that bad that the concept is not that original, but maybe the critics should keep that in mind before praising it for its originality.

The way those flat predictable characters control the girl in the movie, she might as well be bipolar. Also it seemed like the entire movie was depicting their reactions as if it was a commentary and those 5 were let's players. I found it very dull. The only thing I like in these movies is the animation, it is pretty sick.

Sorry for being "that guy", I guess it's just not my type of movie, and I just really am disgusted by how Pixar has been selling out lately, so I have some shit against them. But I guess that for kids (as they can't really intelligently criticize a movie) this would be a blast.

torkahn808 posted: »

Inside Out is a great movie. Pixar never disappoints.

• I don't see what's so wrong with making sequels, it feels like whenever a movie gets a sequel there's always people saying it's for the money, well all movie-making companies have the idea of earning allot of money when making a movie, making a sequel may show the company wants more money, but alas there's nothing wrong with that, the fans are the ones who choose to watch the movies and it's been proven that sequels can be better than past movies and allot of people enjoy the sequels or have been waiting for those sequels ever since they saw the first movie. Just because they're selling their merchandise doesn't mean they're not selling their creativity either.

The concept of the film as I see it is that you need all your emotions, I haven't seen anything like Inside Out, as it's a movie focusing on the emotions within someone's mind. As for the characters, you realize their names are meant to represent how they genuinely feel, they're emotions, everyone has them and they can't really be original. As for predictability, that completely depends on the person, I saw allot of people thinking that Bing Bong was going to be the villain, and also, it's a Pixar film, they're usually predictable, they're meant to end in happy ways as they are made for Families to enjoy.

Of course they're predictable, they are what they are named, the theme of the movie practically centred around a little girl going through Depression and being Bipolar for a short amount of time. As Riley is controlled by only Fear, Anger and Disgust, who didn't know what they were doing.

I still don't see how Pixar is 'selling out', they're a movie-making company, they're not the only ones to make sequels and they never will be, I wouldn't expect them to create an entirely original movie every year when they can easily expand on what they have already. Saying making film sequels is bad is the same as saying making video game and book sequels are bad, also similar to saying making multiple Seasons of something is bad. Criticism is solely based on opinion, every individual reacts differently and has different tastes to what they watch, I've hardly found intelligence in criticism only opinions.

But in the end it's all opinions and I respect yours despite disagreeing with them.

AWESOMEO posted: »

Pixar has had a pretty good track record in the past. Post Wall-E Pixar is pretty shit in my opinion, all they do right now is beat their de

• You shouldn't get so angry when the game doesn't turn out the way you want. ;)

Well now I gotta go waste 30 bucks on a new keyboard and mouse.

edited June 2015

Well of course, I respect your opinion as well, but obviously I'll still have to strongly disagree if I have a say :P

The concept of the film as I see it is that you need all your emotions, I haven't seen anything like Inside Out, as it's a movie focusing on the emotions within someone's mind.

I saw that, but the movie fails miserably in the process imo.

I haven't seen anything like Inside Out

Oh really? Watch Osmosis Jones, as well as a little show called Herman's Head and many more. The idea of going into someone’s head to visit personifications of the various emotions guiding their actions has been done to death in the industry, this is just another take on the concept.

As for the characters, you realize their names are meant to represent how they genuinely feel, they're emotions, everyone has them and they can't really be original.

Yes, I do realize that, and this is what makes character relatability aspire to zero.

I wouldn't expect them to create an entirely original movie every year when they can easily expand on what they have already. Saying making film sequels is bad is the same as saying making video game and book sequels are bad, also similar to saying making multiple Seasons of something is bad. Criticism is solely based on opinion, every individual reacts differently and has different tastes to what they watch, I've hardly found intelligence in criticism only opinions.

I wouldn't expect that either, but for God's sake be a little more original! That's what Pixar had going for them since forever, and now 80% of their movies is rehashed sequels. This is the problem; I don't care (to an extent) that they're sequels, I care that they're a complete copy of the previous movie. Of course, criticism is based on opinions, but there's an obvious pattern going on here, and it's hard to ignore it.

I don't see what's so wrong with making sequels, it feels like whenever a movie gets a sequel there's always people saying it's for the money, well all movie-making companies have the idea of earning allot of money when making a movie, making a sequel may show the company wants more money, but alas there's nothing wrong with that, the fans are the ones who choose to watch the movies and it's been proven that sequels can be better than past movies and allot of people enjoy the sequels or have been waiting for those sequels ever since they saw the first movie. Just because they're selling their merchandise doesn't mean they're not selling their creativity either.

Once again, I didn't say it's wrong to make sequels, I said that as you watch those sequels, you see that they follow the same fucking rinse and repeat pattern of their predecessors, which shows that they put zero fucking effort into their movies only to make a huge profit over the billions and billions of merchandising.

Example:

Toy Story 2 and 3:

• Open up the movie with a large-scale action sequence that is later revealed to be an exaggeration of a game being played by other characters.

• Introduce ideas and images reflecting change and ultimately the idea that toys don't last forever.

• Unwanted toys are then gathered and the mistake is made where one or more of the main characters end up where the unwanted toys are supposed to be.

• Toys get placed in a new environment meeting new characters where one of them is a plump and seemingly kind toy with a deep voice and a cane this toy is later revealed to be an antagonist filled by the traumatization of feeling unloved and unwanted, taking their anger on others.

Alt text

• The seemingly inviting toy tempts the main character to stay with promises of being loved for generations and getting repairs when needed.

• A delusional factory setting Buzz Lightyear locks up one or more of the protagonists.

Alt text

• Overexposure flashback sequence of characters new to the series being abandoned by the countryside by their previous owners.

Alt text

• Protagonists enter a large scale industrial contraption wherein the antagonist is disposed of in the process.

Alt text

• The antagonist is then ultimately left to the care of an owner with no care for their well-being.

Alt text

There's nothing wrong with liking Toy Story 3, but it's important to give credit to pre-Wall-E Pixar instead of post-Wall-E Pixar. Everyone needs to understand that Toy Story 3 is such a success only because they're playing you into watching a rehash of something you loved in your childhood: Toy Story 2. But hey, at least it served a bigger purpose; closure!

Oh wait...

Alt text

prink34320 posted: »

I don't see what's so wrong with making sequels, it feels like whenever a movie gets a sequel there's always people saying it's for the mone

edited June 2015

I don't think that a picture would make it any safer for you, lmao.

Very tempting, but I'd rather not give away any more info about where I live. Any chance you could post a pic?

• Well i disagree on ur thoughts on kids minds there is alot alot alot of smart kids with talented smart minds at a young age that can judge movies and such in a genius fashion so i would say ur judgement on that is wrong

Pixar has had a pretty good track record in the past. Post Wall-E Pixar is pretty shit in my opinion, all they do right now is beat their de

• edited June 2015

I have not posted a drawing for awhile so heres a classic video game character i drew today enjoy!

Alt text

i have never played conker but i have decided to draw this for the heck of it so yall out there who are big fans of conker enjoy this drawing i made :)

• @Markd4547 take a look and this its not polished up yet but u might enjoy it ;)

Lehfeels posted: »

I have not posted a drawing for awhile so heres a classic video game character i drew today enjoy! i have never played conker but i

• [removed]

edited June 2015

Kids? A kid can barely focus on the same thing for 2 hours straight. Never seen a kid analyze a film or a literary piece.

Well i disagree on ur thoughts on kids minds there is alot alot alot of smart kids with talented smart minds at a young age that can judge movies and such in a genius fashion so i would say ur judgement on that is wrong

• well uh ya know i just disagree lets agree to disagree simple as that

Kids? A kid can barely focus on the same thing for 2 hours straight. Never seen a kid analyze a film or a literary piece.

• Sure, lmao.

well uh ya know i just disagree lets agree to disagree simple as that

• This looks awesome bro :)

I have not posted a drawing for awhile so heres a classic video game character i drew today enjoy! i have never played conker but i

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4RZhpRBpnI

Easter eggs in games done right :'D

dat Joker and mario easter egg tho :'D

• FUCK.

Bah they got him http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/second-new-york-prison-escapee-said-to-be-shot-and-captured/ar-AAcfZs6

• Yeah. True.

I don't think that a picture would make it any safer for you, lmao.

• Lol way off mate. I knocked my laptop off my bedside table in my sleep the other night. The laptop's fine, but the receiver's busted. Can't get it to work. I looked at getting one of those unifying receivers, but they only work with Logitech products.

WarpSpeed posted: »

You shouldn't get so angry when the game doesn't turn out the way you want.

• You've got good points definitely and I still respect your opinion although you scared me a bit, nothing personal I just kinda feel a little scared when people use curse words lol anyway, I've seen Osmosis Jones but it's mainly focused on the body and not the mind like Inside Out but I'll check out Herman's Head. As for relatability, I agree that most people can't really relate to Joy, Sadness, Anger, Fear or Disgust as it's been psychological proven that each individual has at the very least, 2 emotions. However, the character Riley, who goes through moving, feeling depressed and attempting to run away from home and even showing signs of being somewhat Bipolar are things quite allot of people can relate to, including myself. And I see our point with the examples you've shown above, originality is a concept most movie-making companies seem to be struggling with but if you think about it, Pixar is owned by Disney, almost everything Disney made is literally unoriginal and based completely off something that already exists, with Pixar being the most original one under Disney's grasp. If you compare Pixar's more original stories to Disney's movie adaptions of classics fables, Marvel's movie adaptions of the Marvel Comics etc. Pixar looks more original. I wouldn't say it's bad to have a recurring theme throughout the story, I mean with Toy Story, those recurring themes you used as examples for repetitiveness are practically what the movies are all centred around and they kind of need to be. I do agree that Pixar could come up with more original movies I mean I've thought of over 100 original movies that haven't been made lol Anyway thanks for being respectful and sorry for this big paragraph :3

Well of course, I respect your opinion as well, but obviously I'll still have to strongly disagree if I have a say :P The concept of t

• Thanks ill post a updated version that will be polished up will look 10 tens more awesome this is just the 1.0 anyways 2.0 will have lots of polished changes and such just telling ya

anyways have u ever played conker?

This looks awesome bro

• The end of that True Detective episode surprised the hell out of me.

edited June 2015

While it's true that Toy Story's plot focuses on those things because that's what the story is about, making a carbon copy of the same movie to resell the title is not something I would deem "necessary". They know how to appeal to the masses, and they clearly know how to sell their shit. Probably because Disney bought 'em.

I just checked out the date at which Disney bought Pixar (2006), and you can see that since Disney bought Pixar, all (almost) they've been doing is sequels (or just very unoriginal things to say the least), I think that like you said, that is why Pixar has been going downhill. Pixar are just victims of Disney's monopolization. Pretty sad if you ask me.

Sorry for scaring you with the curse words lmao, that's just how I talk. And don't worry about the long paragraph, I have no problem with that, I like discussing things.

prink34320 posted: »

You've got good points definitely and I still respect your opinion although you scared me a bit, nothing personal I just kinda feel a little

• No I never played I heard it was awesome :)

Thanks ill post a updated version that will be polished up will look 10 tens more awesome this is just the 1.0 anyways 2.0 will have lots of polished changes and such just telling ya anyways have u ever played conker?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.