game of thrones mira s strange key

edited July 2015 in Game Of Thrones

so i ve been wondering ... in episode 1 when your waiting for margaery as mira you get to take 2 items: the tyrell seal which was used to send the fake letter to Elaena and... a strange key... i ve been thinking for a while now what would be the purpose for that key. Could it be the key to tyrion s cell??

Comments

• I figure it's nothing since you can end up not having that scene at all, so a majority of players might not even end up having the key

• could be

I figure it's nothing since you can end up not having that scene at all, so a majority of players might not even end up having the key

• I've been wondering about that too. Obviously you can use the seal to deal the letter Mira forges, so where might the key come into play, if at all?

• There are three things that make me believe the key is not for tyrion's cell:
    1) The key is in margaery/mira's room (i don't remember which of the two) so why would it be there if it was to lock tyrion up? There wasn't a conspiracy to kill him before the purple wedding (where tyrion gets arrested)
    2) The key probably wasn't made for his cell,because he wasn't arrested yet
    3) The key wouldn't be there if it was that important,as Cersei (or whoever had the key to tyrion's cell) would be keeping it locked or with himself.

• I'm really excited to see the purpose for the key it's bound to be used at some point.

• Well considering that taking the key was an option, I think that whatever it opens, you will have the option to use the key or pick the lock if you didn't take the key. I have no idea what it might be used for at this moment in time.

• edited July 2015

Maybe it's used for a strongbox with gold or documents in it that will have some minor effects on the Forresters. That's all I can think of.

• Could be a key to tyrion s prison lol (althought it probably wont since that would conflict with the show :( )

I've been wondering about that too. Obviously you can use the seal to deal the letter Mira forges, so where might the key come into play, if at all?

• that makes sense (i think this game will have multiple endings so the money you get in king s landing could determine what ending you would get )

Maybe it's used for a strongbox with gold or documents in it that will have some minor effects on the Forresters. That's all I can think of.

• They could have just decided not to use it in the plot in the end.

• It does make sense. :) I'm kind of hoping that's what it is now.

UrbanRodrik posted: »

that makes sense (i think this game will have multiple endings so the money you get in king s landing could determine what ending you would get )

• Yeah, that and why would Margaery have a key to the dungeons? It's too small and nice of a key to be a cell key. It looks like a key to a box or cupboard or something comparable in size to me.

UrbanRodrik posted: »

Could be a key to tyrion s prison lol (althought it probably wont since that would conflict with the show )

• It's probably to Margary's equivalent of Tyrion's Lockbox where we got the Decree from.

We will probably need to steal something from her (Tyrions favor maybe) or plant something in her rooms (Cersei is a manipulative bitch). Or maybe even just need gold when we will inevitably have to escape King's Landing. If you have the key - quick and easy, if not - probably have to ask Tom for help or something.

Yeah, that and why would Margaery have a key to the dungeons? It's too small and nice of a key to be a cell key. It looks like a key to a box or cupboard or something comparable in size to me.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.