Deus ex Ramsay

So, Ramsay shows up at the end of episode 4 and drives Ironraths inhabitants into the woods for, apparently, no reason whatsoever. Is anyone else dreading TT using him the same way the show does? He shows up fucks shit up for everyone than prances away because why? Well, he's Ramsay Snow/Bolton and fuck you, that's why.

I mean what the hell is he even doing at Ironrath? Other than be a god damn nuisance to us. Did Ludd seriously already bitch to the Boltons? And Ramsay, somehow, teleported to Ironrath to get there before you. Was he hiding under the table and listening in on your exchange with Whitehill? Then he hightailed it the fuck out of there to beat you home. Seriously to me it seems the only reason he's there now that things are finally starting to, kinda, look up for the Forrester's is to cause cheap, lazy, stupid as shit conflict.

Now, I'll admit we dont actually have any idea as to what he's really there for but the preview isn't exactly encouraging. As it certainly leaves no other impression that he's there for anything other than typical Ramsay bullshit.

Comments

• Yeah, it was kinda: "Eh, no more Theon pleazey?"

• Yeah, it's getting pretty annoying.

• I think Ramsay was going to Ironrath anyway, and just happened to arrive when Rodrik was gone.

• I can't help but laugh at the idea of Ramsay under the table at the Whitehill keep giggling to himself, that's a hilarious mental image lol.

To business however! I'm hoping he'll stick around for the remainder of the last two episodes and doesn't just disappear again, hopefully he'll stay and be this insanely present threat. That's be great and terrible to have Ramsay sitting in on the next council meeting. I'm betting that Ramsay is more or less doing a check-in of sorts to make sure everything is going fine with the Ironwood production, there's no way Ludd could have gotten a message sent and received that fast. This could in a way help us though, hopefully Ramsay will notice how badly the Whitehills have been using their Ironwood resources and will give us full control again, long-shot but maybe.

And I agree it really sucked that just as things were turning around for us, for the 3rd or 4th time, here comes some more trouble! I was thinking the traitor had freed Gryff but nope, there's Ramsay chatting with our sister!

I'm almost hoping though that this may be it for the Foresters at Ironrath. I love our people a lot but unless Ramsay turns on the Whitehills, there is no getting out of this situation. In my particular situation; I had Glenmore soldiers at Ironrath which I'm sure Ramsay slaughtered which includes Quiver/Arthur so relations are about to get bad there.Royland was there too so I'm almost sure he tried fighting which probably didn't end well for him and will reflect worse on us. And I had Gryff locked up along with the other Whitehill soldiers so that's going to end real poorly too. So yeah, unless Ramsay pulls a 180 on the Whitehills, I'm thinking there's about to be a slaughter of Foresters. :(

• As we seen Whitehills f**** up with delivering Ironwood to Boltons plus Ludd disobeyed Ramsay´s orders and took our half of the Ironwood forrest. I think Ramsay came to propose some kind of a deal.

• I have entertained this idea but until he shows me he's there to be anything but a pain in the ass, I'm not holding my breath.

As we seen Whitehills f**** up with delivering Ironwood to Boltons plus Ludd disobeyed Ramsay´s orders and took our half of the Ironwood forrest. I think Ramsay came to propose some kind of a deal.

• I think he'll offer a deal with the Forresters and get Talia as hostage for Rodrik to obey him

• edited July 2015

God, please no, not Talia! Not anyone for that matter.

I'm tired of Ramsay causing problems for everyone simply because he's wearing the thickest plot armor in the series.

Khun07 posted: »

I think he'll offer a deal with the Forresters and get Talia as hostage for Rodrik to obey him

• Guys, Deus Ex Ramsay means "God from Ramsey/ God's Ramsey or Ramsey's God".

And that's weird as Fuji if you ask me.

• the OP made me laugh hard. xD thanks man.. holy shit

• The Boltons are invincible in both the show and game. It's maddening.

• edited July 2015

Ramsay ex machina (Ramsay from the machine) doesn't strike me as much of an improvement, even if it does sound better (damn), and it gets my point across.

TheLier posted: »

Guys, Deus Ex Ramsay means "God from Ramsey/ God's Ramsey or Ramsey's God". And that's weird as Fuji if you ask me.

• edited July 2015

Well, Ramsey ex machina makes more sense to me, but that's just personal opinion.

A_Great_Guy posted: »

Ramsay ex machina (Ramsay from the machine) doesn't strike me as much of an improvement, even if it does sound better (damn), and it gets my point across.

• Yeah...considering what Ramsey should be doing at the end of episode 4, (killing Ironborn at Moat Cailin) and his sudden teleportation to Ironrath. I am inclined to think he is as the OP Title suggests.

• Yeah, I think he's going to see how it's all going then, fuck shit up for everyone. Probably somehow blaming us. Or propose a deal in our favour. I doubt the latter to be honest. Ramsay doesn't need a reason, Ramsay does as he pleases.

As we seen Whitehills f**** up with delivering Ironwood to Boltons plus Ludd disobeyed Ramsay´s orders and took our half of the Ironwood forrest. I think Ramsay came to propose some kind of a deal.

• Guys, a Deus Ex Machina is a plot device made to help the protagonist. Like the Eagles in the world of Middle-Earth. I very much doubt Ramsay is much of an helper.

TheLier posted: »

Well, Ramsey ex machina makes more sense to me, but that's just personal opinion.

• Or there's two of him.

Yeah...considering what Ramsey should be doing at the end of episode 4, (killing Ironborn at Moat Cailin) and his sudden teleportation to Ironrath. I am inclined to think he is as the OP Title suggests.

• edited July 2015

Technically, it would be more of a Diabolus Ex...

But yeah, the game should not have canon characters to make such a large negative impact towards game characters that makes players want revenge, and knowing they'll never get it.

• Ironrath fell before Ramsey's 20 good men.

No seriously, I liked it when we met him in Episode 1, it was a decent way of making everyone aware of how fucked up the setting is. But having him return much later equipped with his +9 Plot Armor is cheap as fuck. I really hope TT will not make Ramsey do all the dirty work, because that'd be hilariously bad, there's absolutely no point in this game if the only thing we can do is watch while a canon character do whatever he wants.

Don't ruin it TT pliss.

• This is true, but like i said it gets my point across.

Drakonys posted: »

Guys, a Deus Ex Machina is a plot device made to help the protagonist. Like the Eagles in the world of Middle-Earth. I very much doubt Ramsay is much of an helper.

• This is also true.

magic713 posted: »

Technically, it would be more of a Diabolus Ex... But yeah, the game should not have canon characters to make such a large negative impact towards game characters that makes players want revenge, and knowing they'll never get it.

• Please no, one is plenty for all their asinine stunts.

JakeSt123 posted: »

Or there's two of him.

• I feel like this is what we'd be doing right now if I'd heard you in person.

Alt text

Byakuren posted: »

Ironrath fell before Ramsey's 20 good men. No seriously, I liked it when we met him in Episode 1, it was a decent way of making everyone

• edited July 2015

I think you mite be right about the meeting with Ramsay. I've been wondering, if Ethan give's Ramsay the Ironwood groves at the end of E1, will it effect this meeting with Ramsay? Like I did.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.