Is this as good or better then the HBO series?

[I'm looking at getting this on my PS4. And wondering if it's worth getting the season pass for $12.50? (I'm assuming a big yes)]. I've got E1 for free apparently, I'm downloading it now. And can characters die, baste on your choice?

Comments

• edited June 2015

Play the episode 1 and see for yourself, it is hard to say if it good becuase not everybody has to like tone of this game that is mostly about politics and magic/religion.

• Characters have died, based on your choices, yes. I enjoy it more than the show.

• Its a great game but the show is a masterpiece with probably a way bigger budget. If telltale had 8 million dollars per episode I"m sure it would be a lot better. But Telltale aint no HBO

• The show is a masterpiece.The game is above average,I recommend it.

• Game's not finished and I already love it! It's one of my favourites you should definitely give it a go.

• No where near the level of the TV show.

• edited June 2015

I think its better than the show but I still think the books are the best

• i think it compliments the show very well.

Hell i think if TT was half the size of Square Enix it would do what the show does, probably even surpassed it.

• I see it the way I see The Walking Dead game. Its another way to experience the universe. The show has five seasons under its belt. Three episodes cant really compete with that.

• On par with Seasons 1-4, but so far better than Season 5 in my opinion. I'd recommend it either way.

• You really thnk so? I like the game but I wouldnt put it on par with the show, but im much more invested in the show.

On par with Seasons 1-4, but so far better than Season 5 in my opinion. I'd recommend it either way.

• Yep. The game is actually what got me into the show. (And the books. Just finished reading A Game of Thrones, starting on A Clash of Kings.) The show is good, but Season 5 failed to impress me personally, which I hope will be made up for in Season 6. As for the game, it's got me just as invested. Speculating with friends, making fan-stuff for it and all. Not a lot gets that out of me, so yeah.

KCohere posted: »

You really thnk so? I like the game but I wouldnt put it on par with the show, but im much more invested in the show.

• Yeah a game is better than the show. just lol

• edited June 2015

Thanks for the info. I decided to get it. And I don't think that it's as good as the show, but it's still vary good.

• I can't argue that the show is far more better, but i like the game because i feel like i am in it. Especially in the Walking Dead since you play as one character.

• I'd say it's on par with the show, the hopping around from place to place feels just like the show and you'll get pretty giddy whenever a big player from the show appears. You're pretty much playing as the Starks really but the dilemmas in this family are very interesting too and certain events will get you just as well as moments in the show do. I highly doubt you'd be disappointed.

• edited June 2015

Not even close too as good as the show lol. It's still okay though, Episode 4 was awesome though

• Hbo series is better but thwe game is still pretty fuckin amazing

• How's it better then the show? Honestly after watching Episode 8 and 9 of Season 5 you cant say that and believe it.

I think its better than the show but I still think the books are the best

• Soon my friend. They have made some VERY great partnerships in the past few months and if a couple years will be a AAA game developer. I believe that. They will create an entire new genre of video games with the super show thing.

jamex1223 posted: »

i think it compliments the show very well. Hell i think if TT was half the size of Square Enix it would do what the show does, probably even surpassed it.

• Um, I can and I do believe it because I'm allowed a different opinion....?

And my reasons are is because season 1-4 is a straight copy from the books, it's nothing different except for the fact that the books tell the story much better. And season 5, when the writers were given their free reign to do as they please, they fucked it up imo except for the last 3 episodes.

The game is an original story which is yet to disappoint me. Therefore, I prefer the game to the show, but I still love the original source material the best.

Wigams posted: »

How's it better then the show? Honestly after watching Episode 8 and 9 of Season 5 you cant say that and believe it.

• i know man:) thats why i said that if TT had that size the game would be even better! which is saying a lot since they are already amazing

Wigams posted: »

Soon my friend. They have made some VERY great partnerships in the past few months and if a couple years will be a AAA game developer. I believe that. They will create an entire new genre of video games with the super show thing.

• I would say almost as good. It's definitely not bad at all, I say why not try it? It's written by GRR Martin's assistant apparently and consults with him. The writing is actually good. And the family is cannon apparently, just very minor in the books. Just try it, you'll like it.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.