Rodrik appreciation thread

Seriously look at him. Such a great character.
Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

Comments

• Grrrrr appreciation threads.

Gryff is the true bomb.

• Might as well make a "Water appreciation thread" because that's about how much Rodrik is idolized around here.

You'd be hard-pressed to find someone who actually DOESN'T like him :D

Not that there's anything wrong with that, he deserves every bit of love he gets, especially his voice. 5/5 character

• Yes long live Lord Rodrik!! I love his character so much.

• much rodrik much life so good

• i like rodrick

• I didn't think much of him when he "died" in episode 1. He immediately skyrocketed as my favorite character when he came back alive and proved why he is meant to be the leader that the Forresters desperately needs.

• I'm actually not the biggest fan of Rodrik tbh. I liked him a lot in Ep2, but I feel like in Ep3 and 4 he had the weakest parts of the episode compared to the others. Imo of course, and I figure his scenes will probably get more exciting for me again in Ep5 and 6.

• Me when it comes to Rodrik:

Alt text

• I've seen your Gryff appreciation thread. It's my favourite thread on this forum so far.

Grrrrr appreciation threads. Gryff is the true bomb.

• Rodrik is love, Rodrik is life!

• ''Cotter's potato appreciation thread"

It needs to happen!

Byakuren posted: »

Might as well make a "Water appreciation thread" because that's about how much Rodrik is idolized around here. You'd be hard-pressed to f

• I've said it before and I'll say it again, he's my favourite Telltale protagonist ever.

• I love all the characters but Rodrick has to be my favorite, Just look at this bad mofo!Alt textAlt text

• Aren't these type of threads banned?

Alt text

• Rodrick is a pimp with that sword cane too. Hes even badass looking in the family painting.

• edited June 2015

What we really need is a Lord Whitehill appreciation thread, all he ever wanted was some "fucking bread and salt!" Alt text

• Respect

Nightmare1 posted: »

What we really need is a Lord Whitehill appreciation thread, all he ever wanted was some "fucking bread and salt!"

• Krapinka posted: »

I've seen your Gryff appreciation thread. It's my favourite thread on this forum so far.

• edited June 2015

I am envisioning some devious Telltale writers watching all the Rodrik love with a wicked grin on their faces as they plot his grisly demise.

• I've been predicting his death since Ep2 so jokes on them HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

starts crying

I am envisioning some devious Telltale writers watching all the Rodrik love with a wicked grin on their faces as they plot his grisly demise.

• Noooo!

• Alt text
    Rodrik asf

• I like how his scar is shaped like a tree.

I love all the characters but Rodrick has to be my favorite, Just look at this bad mofo!

• Why would they be banned?

Aren't these type of threads banned?

• maybe because the admins are tired of these types of threads?

AgentZ46 posted: »

Why would they be banned?

• All hail to Ludd Whitehill, the one true Bread and Salt King.

Nightmare1 posted: »

What we really need is a Lord Whitehill appreciation thread, all he ever wanted was some "fucking bread and salt!"

• Wait, even more than Clementine or Lee, (or Bigby) Rodrik is your #1 favorite telltale protagonist ever?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, he's my favourite Telltale protagonist ever.

• From those characters he has probably the most fans so it is obvious that he will die.

• Yeah its so obvious he has to die for the series to truly capture the spirit of ASOIF, I just hope its not Ramsay who kills him - in fact I don't think he will, that's a little too obvious since the ending of Episode 4.

I want his death to be something both honorable and memorable - like with Lee in TWD. More importantly I really hope he's no longer 'Rodrik the Ruined'.

From those characters he has probably the most fans so it is obvious that he will die.

• Well it will definetely be honorable and memorable, after all it is Game of Thrones. I am more interested who will be POV character at the Ironrath in season 2.

Harian96 posted: »

Yeah its so obvious he has to die for the series to truly capture the spirit of ASOIF, I just hope its not Ramsay who kills him - in fact I

• Maybe Talia? We might not even have one at Ironrath tho if we're on the move

Well it will definetely be honorable and memorable, after all it is Game of Thrones. I am more interested who will be POV character at the Ironrath in season 2.

• edited July 2015

Probably.

Maybe Talia? We might not even have one at Ironrath tho if we're on the move

• Yup.

Wait, even more than Clementine or Lee, (or Bigby) Rodrik is your #1 favorite telltale protagonist ever?

• For there to be a new POV someone has to die, just as Ethan had to die in Ep 1, and indeed its mostly likely Rodrik whose going to die, though it will be interesting if Talia takes his place, not just as a POV character but as the next Lord of Ironrath, it could be interesting playing as female ruler.

The game spanned from end of S3 to likely either the end of S4 or the beginning of S5, by that logic the next TT GoT Season should span the entirety of HBO's Season 5 and probably end at the start of Season 6.

I can see one more season after that, if Telltale goes ahead with making a dream trilogy on the Forresters, since the show will likely end by Season 7, the last game could take place from S6 to the start of S7 and after that there's a small chance of a DLC covering S7, though I'm just speculating at this point however one thing remains certain: Rodrik is going to die, he will die and he has to, no use lingering on to any hope that he might survive beyond the Ice Dragon, TT will probably do his character justice and end with some sense of closure for his story arc, I'm still burnt up over Rodrik being completely helpless against Ramsay, and there's no way to avenge Ethan's death (unless killing Ludd was an option).

Probably.

• It was said somewhere that season 6 will takes place in the same time frame as season 5 which means that if that is true then there will be more season than just 7.

For there to be a new POV someone has to die, just as Ethan had to die in Ep 1, and indeed its mostly likely Rodrik whose going to die, thou

• edited July 2015

Rodrick is ugly. He looks quite bad with the scars that are still bleeding.

• Its time someone took vix down

Rodrick is ugly. He looks quite bad with the scars that are still bleeding.

• I just came in to revive this thread, yeah.

• That is a noble goal.

I just came in to revive this thread, yeah.

This discussion has been closed.