What do you think the North Grove is?

I'm starting to think its just a metaphor or a hoax. Everyone in the game says its for wildlings and fools, so maybe its just more of like a phrase like Mcdonalds "I'm lovin it!" or something.

Comments

• Something to do with ironwood?

• Well Cotter called it the forest within a forest... It may be Ironwood that somehow was born outside of the wall, and the only people who knew this like Lord Forrester and Duncan (maybe some others) are keeping it a secret in case they need to go there and get this hidden storage of ironwood. Maybe this is even where Ironwod was originally from and Duncan and Lord Forrester took it and planted a whole forest with it, I don't know, but I'm seeing something along those lines

• The only thing I can think of is a hidden stash of Ironwood. But if it is a hidden stash of Ironwood then Gareds entire journey will be pointless. Four (possibly three if you don't take Finn) people with one injured wildling aren't going to be able to smuggle an entire stash of Ironwood past the wall and back to Ironrath.

• edited July 2015

My theory is that it is a secrect stash of Ironwood trees, that were planted beyond the Wall because one of the Forrester's ancestors realized how vulnerable the Ironwood in Westeros is. Maybe it was also to have a ace against House Whitehill should the situation become too dire.

However, the knowledge of this stash got lost overtime and nowadays it's just a myth that you tell your children as a bedstory.

My guess is the 'Ice Dragon' is a constellation of stars, and the North Grove is directly beneath it's 'watchful eye'.

It's also possible that somewhere in the Grove there are Ironwood seeds, so it shouldn't be a problem to get them past the Wall (in theory, Gared's still a deserter)

• Duncan and Gregor could hardly bring Ironwood to the Forrester lands becase that would mean that they are thousand or at least hundreds of years old.

DLGR13 posted: »

Well Cotter called it the forest within a forest... It may be Ironwood that somehow was born outside of the wall, and the only people who kn

• Alt text

My theory is that it is a secrect stash of Ironwood trees, that were planted beyond the Wall because one of the Forrester's ancestors realiz

• I'm thinking it's something a lot darker and maybe not quite as simple as just a cache of Ironwood trees. I say that because Cotter's sister warns that it's not what he thinks it is and since it is on the other side of the Wall, usually things on that side have something more sinister going on.

I do think there will be Ironwood trees there, it'll probably be the exact place where the Foresters got the seeds but, I believe this may also be where their phrase originates from, 'Iron from Ice". I don't think it's too farfetched to say that perhaps there's some left over magic and maybe that's what has made the Ironwood trees so special. I'd go as far to say some magic is being used to make these hybrid trees and that same magic could be used on other things too.

This could explain why it's such a close-kept secret that only a handful know about, even among the House's family. I just can't understand why they would keep something as simple as a grove secret if that's all it is.

• edited July 2015

The north grove is bacon.

Well..
    http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Haunted_forest
    ''Types of trees in the haunted forest include ironwood, sentinel, oak, and weirwood.''

• Wel yeah I haven't thought of that :P But maybe the Forrester ancesters brought it and it's a secret that passes by generations of lords and the people they trust the most ;)

Duncan and Gregor could hardly bring Ironwood to the Forrester lands becase that would mean that they are thousand or at least hundreds of years old.

• kenjisalkkenjisalk Telltale Alumni

Well, haunted Ironwood smoked bacon is probably really delicious but also terrifying.

darko22 posted: »

The north grove is bacon. Well.. http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Haunted_forest ''Types of trees in the haunted forest include ironwood, sentinel, oak, and weirwood.''

• Will there be potatoes too?

kenjisalk posted: »

Well, haunted Ironwood smoked bacon is probably really delicious but also terrifying.

• kenjisalkkenjisalk Telltale Alumni

Pan fries yes but they are of questionable origin and quality. :O

Will there be potatoes too?

• i think it's a grove, in the north.

• Telltale loves bacon xd.

kenjisalk posted: »

Pan fries yes but they are of questionable origin and quality. :O

• You sure man? I think it's bacon.

AstroZombie posted: »

i think it's a grove, in the north.

• Probably bullshit, but what if it's a person with huge (and useful) knowledge? Everyone thinks it's a forest or a fortress, too obvious...

• Good point..

SoMuchSass posted: »

Probably bullshit, but what if it's a person with huge (and useful) knowledge? Everyone thinks it's a forest or a fortress, too obvious...

• The problem is, they already have Ironwood seeds. That's what Talia puts in Gregor's and Ethan's hands during the funeral.

My theory is that it is a secrect stash of Ironwood trees, that were planted beyond the Wall because one of the Forrester's ancestors realiz

• ironwood, sentinel, oak, and weirwood

Just imagining a tree with Duncan's/Royland's face.

The north grove is bacon. Well.. http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Haunted_forest ''Types of trees in the haunted forest include ironwood, sentinel, oak, and weirwood.''

• OMG, i lol'd.

JakeSt123 posted: »

ironwood, sentinel, oak, and weirwood Just imagining a tree with Duncan's/Royland's face.

• I have a feeling that The North Grove will have white walkers in it. I mean we will see them eventually right?

• I hope we do! But I'm thinking that'll be the end for Gared if he does encounter them. He's got nothing he could kill them with and there's really no where for him to go.

AKz Effect posted: »

I have a feeling that The North Grove will have white walkers in it. I mean we will see them eventually right?

• Well, from what we know, the map that Duncan gave us shows that the North Grove appears to be in the Haunted Forest. And according to the wiki (books I mean, yes game is not based in book world, but stahp) Ironwood trees grow in the forest.
    Duncan has told us, based on his search through Lord Forresters notes that the North Grove is a protected citadel, hidden from the world, filled with great power,
    I'm pretty sure it's just another batch of Ironwood, or...
    And this is a prettty big or. It could be where Bran and three eyed raven is. I mean some of the quotes lead to that, a protected citadel (The magic that guards it from the wights), filled with great power (Three eyed crow).
    I'd be more inclined to go with the ironwood thing, but still :D

• True, but I'm assuming there aren't many of those in Ironrath. My guess is they are only a few of them for ceremonies, if there was a considerable amount Ramsay and Ludd/Gryff would have demanded for them aswell.

JakeSt123 posted: »

The problem is, they already have Ironwood seeds. That's what Talia puts in Gregor's and Ethan's hands during the funeral.

• "who doesn't love bacon? "

You sure man? I think it's bacon.

• Bacon.

"who doesn't love bacon? "

• bacon

Bacon.

• I theorized the North Grove is (located within) a Haunted Forest, most were inclined to agree:

https://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/97286/the-north-grove-is-a-haunted-forest

• Bacon brothers!

bacon

• I think it's a weirwood grove.

• Lies! It's all lies!!!

• What if the grove is a trap?maybe Gregor knew that Duncan would sell him At some point? Just imagine de Whitehills getting killed there.

• bacon family

Bacon brothers!

• Maybe the Iron Wood trees are actually gigantic pubic hairs of some sort of creature that lives beyond the wall and the ol' Forresters plucked some of that shit and planted it in Westeros. So that would make the Grove.......... have a damp cave within it.

.... or maybe some big bulge, who knows.

• I think it's a last resort for survival, something that would guarantee safety. I think it's important to the Forresters because Lord Gregor could probably figure out that the family would struggle after the Red Wedding. That's probably what Cotter's sister means in the trailer when she says the North Grove isn't what Gared thinks it is. It is vital, but will come at a heavy price.

• How can the North Grove be real if our eyes aren't real?

• Bacon religion!

bacon family

• Bacon GOD!

Bacon religion!

• The North Grove is a hidden city filled with great ancient bacon.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.