Rodrik's Death Foreshadowing Theory

edited July 2015 in Game Of Thrones

I have a Theory where Rodrik's death is foreshadowed in the past few Episodes up to Episode 4.
(And before you start any shit please be reminded that this is a Theory and not leaked info about the new episodes.)

Let's start with Episode 2. (Obviously.)

We see Rodrik almost dead in the Corpse cart while the man who is on the Cart is WHISTLING Talia's song.
At the end of Episode 2 Talia sings the same song for Ethan and Gregor at the Funeral.

When Rodrik wakes up in episode 2 you can have the choice to grab Ryon's wooden Sword.
Ethan's name is carved on to that wooden sword and so is Rodrik. And we already know what happened to Ethan last time Ramsay arrived.

There is also another hint to Rodrik's death. When he is dreaming in Episode 3, you hear swords clashing and screaming. This is possibly a flashback from the Red Wedding. But we also heard Gared screaming "Rodrik!" in the dream, but what if he was dreaming about what would happen if he actually died in the Red Wedding? hence him waking up and gasping.

When we dream falling from the sky or getting killed our body automatically wakes us up. What if the same happened to Rodrik when he "died" in the dream? this could very well foreshadow his death.

Alright, let's move onto Episode 4.

When you successfully perform the move Ser Royland taught you to Gryff, Gryff will say "You're fucking dead Rodrik!" and when you start to beat Gryff up, he says "My Father will go straight to Roose Bolton! and he'll flay you and your whole fucking family!"
And Rodrik would say "I doubt that." And we all know what George R.R Martin would do. I know this is something that people would just roll their eyes and not believe it. But we don't know what Gryff can be capable of even if we took him so easily.

Ludd can be a backstabbing Bastard just like in the meeting at Highpoint. He could get Ramsay to ironrath with ease by sending ravens to the Dreadfort. Which is what might've happened at the end of Episode 4.

In the preview of Episode 5 we see Ramsay pulling out a Blade infront of Rodrik's face. Ramsay doesn't just pull out his Blade to threaten people, everytime he pulls out a Blade shit gets serious. We all know how impatient he is, he won't just put his blade back to It's sheath. He wants to stab people like the psycho fucker he is.

But you all have to remember that this is Game of Thrones, a Universe where the evil people get to do whatever the fuck they please and get away with it while the good guys get slaughtered or hanged.

That is it for my Theory. (And again like I said, before you start any shit this is a Theory. You are free to disagree with this Theory if you want, you can point out the mistakes. Just as long as you all don't think this is real news.)

Comments

• We see Rodrik almost dead in the Corpse cart while the man who is on the Cart is WHISTLING Talia's song. At the end of Episode 2 Talia sings the same song for Ethan and Gregor at the Funeral.

He actually isn't whistling Talia's song. You might've mixed that up because Talia is humming her song when Rodrik wakes up in his bed, but that's only because she's writing it and to alert the player someone else is in the room.

• edited July 2015

Listen to
    at 14:42

and then
    at 29:00

At the same time and hear the difference. HE IS whistling her song but more quicker and in a different tune.

JakeSt123 posted: »

We see Rodrik almost dead in the Corpse cart while the man who is on the Cart is WHISTLING Talia's song. At the end of Episode 2 Talia sings

• Ramsay already made his point by killing Ethan, stabbing Rodrik too would be redundant and honestly pointless, considering that the Boltons need the Forresters to get their ironwood ( since the Whitehills can't deliver the quality nor the quantity required. )

But you all have to remember that this is Game of Thrones, a Universe where the evil people get to do whatever the fuck they please and get away with it while the good guys get slaughtered or hanged

That's honestly not really true. Actions do have consequences and that's something Robb, Ned, Jon, Tywin and the Freys have learned the hard way.

• I don't see how any of these foreshadow Rodriks death in any way.

• Well, this is just a fun little theory.

Telltale like to foreshadow shit that will happen in future episodes.

AgentZ46 posted: »

I don't see how any of these foreshadow Rodriks death in any way.

• Yes it's a theory I know I'm sharing my thoughts no need to counter every comment with "It's just a theory"

Well, this is just a fun little theory. Telltale like to foreshadow shit that will happen in future episodes.

• That was never my intention.
    All I said was that this is a nice little theory I put together for an interesting read.

Calm yourself.

AgentZ46 posted: »

Yes it's a theory I know I'm sharing my thoughts no need to counter every comment with "It's just a theory"

• You do make some good points and I think the signs could really be foreshadowing his death. I still hope he lives tough.

• I don't want this theory to be true however.
    Because the trailer of Episode 5 shows blood on ramsay's hands and two boltons grabbing Rodrik.

I think this might be his last breath =(

IbaMelly posted: »

You do make some good points and I think the signs could really be foreshadowing his death. I still hope he lives tough.

• Maybe he won't be the one who will get flayed or killed. Perhaps Ramsay will harm somebody else and Rodrik will be held so that he couldn't stop it. I don't know anymore...I just want him to live.

I don't want this theory to be true however. Because the trailer of Episode 5 shows blood on ramsay's hands and two boltons grabbing Rodrik. I think this might be his last breath =(

• It's not her song, definitely.

Listen to at 14:42 and then at 29:00 At the same time and hear the difference. HE IS whistling her song but more quicker and in a different tune.

• I'm glad someone said it. Every theory this guy posts, like you said, has little logic behind it and yes, he does just cuss at people who provide very logical counterarguments.

• I was thinking about making an account just to comment on his threads for months now lol. I think I might stick around and comment on other posts. Thank you for your support by the way, I didn't think I was the only one thinking that.

I'm glad someone said it. Every theory this guy posts, like you said, has little logic behind it and yes, he does just cuss at people who provide very logical counterarguments.

• Is there a place to view these theories because I only saw one other one?

207Brandon1 posted: »

I was thinking about making an account just to comment on his threads for months now lol. I think I might stick around and comment on other posts. Thank you for your support by the way, I didn't think I was the only one thinking that.

• Not too sure as I'm fairly new to these forums, but there are quite a few. One of them was Gared becoming the next lord Forrestor, I've seen 4 of these theories in total there was probably more.

sbk12345 posted: »

Is there a place to view these theories because I only saw one other one?

• Nice troll thread m8 but tbh I do think Rodrik is gonna die

• "This clown"

I have made multiple theories, yes.
    But explain how I make little to no sense and lacks significant weighting to support my claim?
    I cuss yes, but if you are here to make a show. Like I said, this is a theory so don't start any shit.

And the Telltale forums claim that you SHOULD NOT cuss nor insult. But to insult one another, and I admit I have. I am a hypocrite.

And give me an example to how I cuss at people that logically disagree with me? when have I ever insulted someone not agreeing with my Theory?

I made a theory called "Gared becomes a Wildling" or "Gared becomes Lord of House Forrester"

And then when I saw the screenshots of episode 4 where Sylvie points a spear at Gared, thinking that she might take him in and turn him into a wildling. Where I put "Confirmed." In the title.

That's when I start to cuss at people, which isn't a fucking theory. Mind you.

So if you want to start some shit at my post you can gladly fuck off and not read my posts again.

• Troll thread?

Uhh...

Nice troll thread m8 but tbh I do think Rodrik is gonna die

• edited July 2015

No, there was only 4 theories like Brandon said.

And is there a problem about me sharing my feelings and sharing Theories I've put together for fun? I don't know about you, but I find Theories fun.

Not too sure as I'm fairly new to these forums, but there are quite a few. One of them was Gared becoming the next lord Forrestor, I've seen 4 of these theories in total there was probably more.

• So, yes. Brandon.

I am a "Clown" as you said. If you truly think so.
    If you want to take down my account so I won't post anymore feel fucking free.

I've already spent my time in this website. All I ever wanted to do was share my Theories and my thoughts about the damn games.

I was thinking about making an account just to comment on his threads for months now lol. I think I might stick around and comment on other posts. Thank you for your support by the way, I didn't think I was the only one thinking that.

• I do think It's her song though.

If it isn't then that sounded strangely like Talia's song.

I dunno, really.

brbsmoking posted: »

It's not her song, definitely.

• edited July 2015

Wow, you just made someone quit Telltale forums. How does it feel to be the world's biggest asshole?

@207Brandon

• edited July 2015

I don't have a problem with your theories, regardless of what they're about. However your theories are always far-fetched and when people counter argue with logic and reasoning against your theories you cuss at them. That's what my problem is.

So, yes. Brandon. I am a "Clown" as you said. If you truly think so. If you want to take down my account so I won't post anymore feel fu

• Yeah, I really can't hear the 'similarity' either.

brbsmoking posted: »

It's not her song, definitely.

• He won't quit and I'm definitely not an asshole, you clearly haven't seen what this guy has posted.

Wow, you just made someone quit Telltale forums. How does it feel to be the world's biggest asshole? @207Brandon

• you clearly haven't seen what this guy has posted.

I've seen what this guy has posted. Even so, you are still an asshole. Sure, he posts Theories that don't make sense but it doesn't mean you should hurt his feelings. People like to curse so what? It's not your business. Also, I've read almost all of his Theories, I don't know if there are more but I've read them. And none of them seem to have the "cussing" you just described. So, what gives?

He won't quit and I'm definitely not an asshole, you clearly haven't seen what this guy has posted.

• Then perhaps you haven't read enough. To be honest you sound like the asshole throwing the word about for no reason. He cusses people who disagree with him, he doesn't cuss in his initial post. Next time do proper research into things before making assumptions because it makes you look like an asshole :)

you clearly haven't seen what this guy has posted. I've seen what this guy has posted. Even so, you are still an asshole. Sure, he p

Sign in to comment in this discussion.