Do i need to watch the series before buying game?

I want to buy the rest of the episodes for the game because i enjoyed it but im wondering should i invest time to watch the game of throne series or is it okay for me just to play the game. I would like to watch the series but that would take some time to watch it all.

Comments

• I would say watch the series in general because it is amazing but you probably would be able to play and do well with the game if you haven't watched. If you do want to watch the show beforehand and want to not have any spoilers the furthest tv spoiler is in Telltale Episode 3 where there is a spoiler from Season 4 Episode 2 of the tv show.

• I would advise watching the series or reading the books before playing so you know something about the important characters and events on the game.

• For the best experience, I would suggest either reading the books or watching the tv show, since characters from them are in the game. However; the game is still playable without having to read the books or watch the tv show.

• edited July 2015

You don't need to watch the series before playing, but you would get more out of it if you did. I played the first episode back in December without having seen one episode of GoT and enjoyed it thoroughly. I probably would have played more intelligently if I had known the landscape of the series though.

• edited July 2015

You don't need to, but you should anyway because it's fantastic. The books as well.

• edited July 2015

At the game´s site there´s a FAQ with a "official" Telltale answer for this very question. Here you are:

Do I need to have watched the Game of Thrones TV show in order to enjoy this game series?
    You can play and enjoy Telltale’s Game of Thrones series without having watched the TV show. However, you will get the maximum amount of enjoyment if you have watched the show to at least the end of season three, and preferably beyond.

• You definitely don't need to watch the TV series or read the comics to thoroughly enjoy or understand the game. I didn't.
    Enough backstory is provided as you play.

• Comics? Lol?

almighty posted: »

You definitely don't need to watch the TV series or read the comics to thoroughly enjoy or understand the game. I didn't. Enough backstory is provided as you play.

• I really have no idea. May have gotten it mixed up with the Walking Dead.

Comics? Lol?

• No but you do need some knowledge to the story, main characters and the lore. quickest way would be to just wiki it i guess

• I'd suggest reading the books instead of watching the show, they are way richer imo. But you should definitely watch the show after you read the books if you decide to do that. Just have common knowledge of the lore and it'll make the experience much better.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.