The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• You too. How've you been?

Nice to see you again.

• Ups and downs, the usual. You?

Deceptio posted: »

You too. How've you been?

• That's good, it's always good to laugh. I'm personally not a fan of their type of content, but everyone's different. :)

It's good to try and not stress over it as much. Just sit back and relax for a bit. B)

Yeah. I'm watching a lot of comedy videos these days. They help a lot, I never laughed so much before. Sometimes my ribs hurt cuz of it. lol

• I'm good, thanks for asking.

You've been doing good recently?

Ups and downs, the usual. You?

• Immediately speaking...Not too well, depression and shite.

I'm good, thanks for asking. You've been doing good recently?

• edited July 2015

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey....So!...What I missed??? (Damn, these long periods of leaving these forums needs to stop :/ )

• This about explains it. I'll leave it up to your own interpretation.

Alt text

Thanks, nice to meet you! Can you tell me what usually goes on around here?

• Well, you died a horrible death in my XCOM playthrough.

JustinCage posted: »

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey....So!...What I missed??? (Damn, these long periods of leaving these forums needs to stop )

• There's a new conspiritard thread, and it's about how ISIS is a puppet of the U.S. and Israel.

Heh heh heh. Time for that Global Politics & Security major to come in handy...for once.

• Looks... awesome... :S

This about explains it. I'll leave it up to your own interpretation.

• Damn, that sucks man. Feel better, if you need anything I'm always here to PM.

Immediately speaking...Not too well, depression and shite.

• Did you see the TWD s6 Vs fear TWD zombies comparisons they released?

Alt text

AMC has released a few pictures of some Fear the Walking Dead walkers (only they won’t be called “walkers” on the show—since no one in LA could know that term) and some Season 6 The Walking Dead walkers. One of the themes Greg Nicotero is going for in Fear is that the zombies are fresher, and not nearly decayed as they are on The Walking Dead, which is a few years into the apocalypse. Let’s see it in practice below in these new pics!

First let’s take a look at the Season 6 Walking Dead walkers:

Alt text

Alt text

And here are the much fresher Fear the Walking Dead walkers:

Alt text

Alt text

My Opinion

The TWD s6 are Zombies

The FRESHER zombies is a supermodel with a bit of ketchup on her lips WTF is this sheet

To me this is more AMC budget cuts BS but of course they try to make the zombies seem better a model with ketchup on her lips is not intimidating or creepy just so cheesy and cringy

AMC remember they fired the S1 director because they cut his budget in half and wanted him to make twice as much episodes and he said it was bs

They even wanted the zombies to be heard and not seen etc

Anyway what's your opinion on the new zombies?

• How many times you train a week and for how long?(sry I'm sport obsessed) and it's great to see you back bro :)

Hey Mark Almost, I've been putting in the work and we'll see by November

• The FRESHER zombies is a supermodel with a bit of ketchup on her lips WTF is this sheet

I don't think you're considering the fact that they're FRESH. They look exactly like how a normal human being would have looked (yes, makeup, etc) but with skin color alterations and blood. How else are they supposed to look? Completely dead and disgusting? Even after a few days in?

Markd4547 posted: »

Did you see the TWD s6 Vs fear TWD zombies comparisons they released? AMC has released a few pictures of some Fear the Walking Dea

• AWESOMEOAWESOMEO Banned
    edited July 2015

I was getting my last tests done for the IDF today, the first thing they asked me in the interview was world domination by lending money to goys and collecting it back with a ridiculous interest. They showed me the basics of banking and jewlery as well.

Allahu akbar.

BigBlindMax posted: »

There's a new conspiritard thread, and it's about how ISIS is a puppet of the U.S. and Israel. Heh heh heh. Time for that Global Politics & Security major to come in handy...for once.

• edited July 2015

Do you know what for once I agree with you all zombies should look like models with a bit of ketchup on their lips even if their dead and decaying

We shall call the show America's next Top Walker :')

Alt text

This is a few days btw

The FRESHER zombies is a supermodel with a bit of ketchup on her lips WTF is this sheet I don't think you're considering the fact th

• You're obviously not getting the point.

I won't talk to you if you're being a smart ass.

Also, that's no where near a few days into the apocalypse.

Do you know what for once I agree with you all zombies should look like models with a bit of ketchup on their lips even if their dead and decaying We shall call the show America's next Top Walker :') This is a few days btw

• NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Well, you died a horrible death in my XCOM playthrough.

• edited July 2015

DON'T READ IT PLEASE!!!!!

Is pretty much the reason I haven't been on that much :T

• edited July 2015

I have no problem with the new, fresher zombies. They're staying true to their word. And we need to remember they said this will take place during Rick's coma. So all zombies are fresh since this is around the beginning of apocalypse. A good example is one of the webisodes featuring the first walker Rick encounters, where you see zombies that looked more alive.

Regarding to the photos, they tell a story. Under certain conditions, they woman died without getting bitten. And soon after reanimated, and attacked the man, who stabbed her abdomen, but was eaten by her hence the blood splatter. It's just one walker, nothing else. She just happened to be featured.

Also, let's compare some recent reanimations. Now Dr. Jenner mentioned all human's infection speed are different, but they all start out the same. And with our own observation, we can notice the walker's body's wrinkle over time. The girl above recently reanimated so her flesh is still fresh, just like Andrea's sister when she reanimated, albeit a little pale. Meryl up there reanimated hours after his death, and he was naturally wrinkly (no offence Rooker) so he's not the case. But if he lived longer as a walker, I'm sure he would look much more worse. And the dying man in governor's story still looked the same when he turned, just paler skin and infected eyes. Essentially walkers are like humans and will wrinkle over time. Walkers just 'age' at a slightly boosted rate.

Did you see the TWD s6 Vs fear TWD zombies comparisons they released? AMC has released a few pictures of some Fear the Walking Dea

• Good points great answer :)

I have no problem with the new, fresher zombies. They're staying true to their word. And we need to remember they said this will take place

• The Parting Glass

When I die, I want this song played at my funeral. :) Such a beautiful song.

• I tried! But it was too damn boring.

JustinCage posted: »

DON'T READ IT PLEASE!!!!! Is pretty much the reason I haven't been on that much :T

• AWESOMEOAWESOMEO Banned
    edited July 2015

One of the first writings by GRRM that were published; a fan letter in a Fantastic Four issue:

Alt text

• Wot m8

AWESOMEO posted: »

One of the first writings by GRRM that were published; a fan letter in a Fantastic Four issue:

• Telltale still hasn't fixed the GoT ps3 black screen. It's been four months now. At least when episode 4 released I was able to redownload and install everything and play it. I'm starting to think that when Telltale Mike goes and tells whoever he tells about how all these ps3 players can't even start up the game they wait until he walks away and then are like 'yeah fuck ps3 lololol' and then go back to playing ping pong or whatever they do instead of fixing it.

• Haha it's all good :)

And I usually go outside everyday unless it's raining or extremely hot out, and it depends on how long I stay out, I aim for about an hour, but sometimes I invite my friends out and we end up staying outside the entire day.

How many times you train a week and for how long?(sry I'm sport obsessed) and it's great to see you back bro

• [removed]

• Act 1 and the first half of Act 2 is boring as shit. The rest is extraordinarily well written and very comical.

papai46 posted: »

I tried! But it was too damn boring.

• Anyone know the difference between a sunk discussion and a closed discussion?

• But acting like an Internet tough guy is exactly what you're doing.

Grow up.

• Closed Discussion means that no one can comment on it.

I think Sunk Discussion means that people still can comment on it but it won't go to the top of that section when someone comments on it so it "sinks" into the section.

BigBlindMax posted: »

Anyone know the difference between a sunk discussion and a closed discussion?

• edited July 2015

I get where you're coming from but it's just not worth it. If you do those things you'd just have your life turned completely upside down. No troll is worth the risk of being hunted down. Besides you'd prove to them you're worse if you actually kill them. Just ignore them and pretend they never existed. Life is easier that way. And not all trolls are bad, just the assholes are.

• BigBlindMaxBigBlindMax Banned
    edited July 2015

Thanks for the clarification. It feels like the mods have been using bother pretty often, as of late.

Saltlick123 posted: »

Closed Discussion means that no one can comment on it. I think Sunk Discussion means that people still can comment on it but it won't go to the top of that section when someone comments on it so it "sinks" into the section.

• It doesn't always work.

• Grow up, death threats over the internet is so childish. Especially when you tell them to kill themselves, if they do, that's a crime.

• Did my reply to your PM offend you that much? Lmao

• Acting tough or Acting smart over a keyboard and monitor does NOT! make you any better of a person

but...but

If I had the chance to go out and track down all of you fucking trollers and simply just shoot you once in the head I would.

Alt text

lel

• edited July 2015

I'm not seeing the issue with these zombies. This is what I see on IMDb:

This spin-off set in Los Angeles, following new characters as they face the beginning of the end of the world

The beginning. Obviously they're not going to look as decayed as they are in Season 6, because they're not. Just as a corpse won't be completely decomposed after a few days, neither will a zombie, as that's essentially what they are. If anything, it's more realistic.

Here are the stages of postmortem (the changes in the body after death), in detail:

http://www.deathreference.com/Py-Se/Rigor-Mortis-and-Other-Postmortem-Changes.html

At the moment of death, the muscles relax completely. Rigor mortis (the stiffening of all muscles in the body) begins within two to six hours of death, starting with the eyelids, neck, and jaw. Over the next four to six hours, rigor mortis spreads to the other muscles, including those in the internal organs such as the heart.
    After being in this rigid condition for twenty-four to eighty-four hours, the muscles relax and secondary laxity (flaccidity) develops.
    By seven days after death, most of the body is discolored and giant blood-tinged blisters begin to appear.

Going by this logic, the zombie wouldn't start to decay for a week to two weeks after death, thus resulting in your "supermodel with ketchup on her lips".

• It's at the start of the apocalypse, of course they aren't decayed like they are years after it started, what kind of reasoning is that? She literally just turned, as obvious from one of our main characters being alive.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.