(SPOILER EPISODE 5)

Which one do you choose to leave behind? it was so difficult to me but i left Rodrik behind, because i feel the scene is going to look better with the older brother sacrificing himself to protect his little brother. Idk guys what do you think?

Comments

• Left Rodrik behind for pretty much the same reason as you and because Asher is my favorite character.

• I haven't played the episode yet but i had to say this... THATS A SWEET AVATAR! :D

• I like Rodrik better but I'm conflicted on the choice for the reason you just said. On one hand, sacrificing himself in a last stand/blaze of glory seems like a good way for Asher's story to end. On the other, you're right that it does seem fitting for Rodrik to die in order to protect a member of his family (especially with it being his little brother.)

I initially chose to save Rodrik but I'm second-guessing myself, which I've never done in this series before.

• I dont know if you mean about that Kenny avatar of the one i have one which is of Rodrik but thanks anyway ;-;

I haven't played the episode yet but i had to say this... THATS A SWEET AVATAR!

• Pretty sure he's referring to the Kenny one.

I dont know if you mean about that Kenny avatar of the one i have one which is of Rodrik but thanks anyway ;-;

• It feels strange because Asher has just reached Westeros so its kinda like ''Hi im back'' and 5 minutes later he is dead... but i will miss the scene of Rodrik killing Gryff ( if it happens of course) :( so Asher will have the honor to avenge his brother

I like Rodrik better but I'm conflicted on the choice for the reason you just said. On one hand, sacrificing himself in a last stand/blaze o

• The Kenny one :)

I dont know if you mean about that Kenny avatar of the one i have one which is of Rodrik but thanks anyway ;-;

• Haha yeah its kinda cute

The Kenny one

• I am going to leave Asher behind because Rodrik is the one that should kill Gryff and Ludd IMO.
    Though maybe I should leave Rodrik behind and give Asher the chance to maybe be a better Lord.

Screw this decision. I'm making two different save files and hoping the Brotherhood Without Banners show up.

• I think it doesnt care about who kills Gryff and Ludd, because they 2 have the same reason: murdered his brother. Hahah i think im going to do that too.

Abeille posted: »

I am going to leave Asher behind because Rodrik is the one that should kill Gryff and Ludd IMO. Though maybe I should leave Rodrik behind a

• That would be kind of an awesome twist for Season 2, especially if they include Lady Stoneheart. TellTale please consider it.

I think it doesnt care about who kills Gryff and Ludd, because they 2 have the same reason: murdered his brother. Hahah i think im going to do that too.

• I just watched the ending moments ago.

That final scene was heartbreaking. If I were playing, I'd definately make 2 save files.

Really hoping Telltale will put this choice to use in the future.

• Will leave Asher as it is a fitting end to his story, I didn't want to give a gryff the satisfaction of killing Rodrick, and I want Rodrick to be the one to end Gryff and Ludd

• fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck

• edited July 2015

I left Rodrik because the outcast coming back and saving the entire house is a better story. It was a sucky place for either of their stories to end but I thought it was moreso for Asher. Gathers up these men to return to the home that spurned him, only to die 5 minutes after getting there. Rodrik cheated death once but he couldn't avoid it forever. Asher will make the Whitehills regret ever having a house at all.

But god do I regret not having Rodrik destroy Gryff's face when he had the chance. I hate that playing it smart and being merciful meant absolutely nothing in the end. In fact, it seemed to be a worse choice.

• Alt text

Tyranitar posted: »

fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck

• This is basically my mindset, if only I could form a coherent sentence from my jumbled thoughts and emotions to do so.

It really hurt to see Gryff's men stab his eye out though...what goes around comes around, I guess.

Rynna posted: »

I left Rodrik because the outcast coming back and saving the entire house is a better story. It was a sucky place for either of their storie

• What I did is...

• In my playthrough that I chose Royland as Sentinel I decided to have Asher and Royland be together.
    • In my playthrough with Duncan as Sentinel I chose Rodrik to be the one who lives.

I chose that because it's one fighting duo and one diplomatic duo. Episode 6 is going to be interesting. An entire episode with a determinant playable character: Uncharted waters.

• edited July 2015

I chose to let Asher stay, his death may give Rodrik a better reason to fight, avenge his two brothers. Also in long term, Rodrik may still be able to save the house, now that he still has Elaena Glenmore. And he just recovered, we can't let that go to waste. In my mind, Rodrik is destined to live this whole time.

• Asher's death is the canon choice (for me) - I wanted him to do more but when it came down to this scene... honestly I like Asher more than Rodrik (seriously, who doesn't wish they could be like Asher Forrester?) - but we built up Rodrik's relationships with the Whitehills and he survived the Red Wedding massacre, I couldn't just let him die in another ambush, in front of stupid Gryff's smug face (why can't I just kill him already...) - Asher's end was heartbreaking but it felt more fitting - he was born a fighter and he died a fighter, protecting his family that exiled him - if that's not noble and heroic I don't know what is - Rodrik has a score to settle with the Whitehills, I forbid him from dying until Asher is avenged.

• I had Asher left behind. He is hero now. I love him and i gave him honorable death.

Alt text

• I haven't played the episode yet as I am waiting for Steam, but I can already feel this is going to be a last minute decision for me. Asher is my favourite character but I feel like he wouldn't leave, idk I have to see :/

• Iron From Ice.

I had Asher left behind. He is hero now. I love him and i gave him honorable death.

• Iron From Ice!

Harian96 posted: »

Iron From Ice.

• A part of me did want to save Asher, but as I got into character I realized that I couldn't picture him leaving Rodrik to die - he cares about his family despite being exiled and would die for them.

gwendog posted: »

I haven't played the episode yet as I am waiting for Steam, but I can already feel this is going to be a last minute decision for me. Asher is my favourite character but I feel like he wouldn't leave, idk I have to see

• that's exactly what I am thinking and it already breaks my heart because I know what I will choose but don't want to admit it to myself haha

Harian96 posted: »

A part of me did want to save Asher, but as I got into character I realized that I couldn't picture him leaving Rodrik to die - he cares about his family despite being exiled and would die for them.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.