Sentinel?

Literally couldn't think of anything else non-spoiler to name this, so apologies for the vague title :P

Anyway, I was wondering whether a woman can be sentinel in Game of Thrones? As the logical choice for Asher's sentinel, if he is saved, is Beskha, right?

Comments

• I don't think there is.

And I don't think Asher and Beskha'd give a shit about the rules if there was, anyway.

• Haha, that's true!

FishySticks posted: »

I don't think there is. And I don't think Asher and Beskha'd give a shit about the rules if there was, anyway.

• Yup you can.

In AFFC Nymeria Sand is sent by Doran to King's Landing to replace Oberyn on the small council (in the show they made it be Trystane). Given that a seat on the SC is similar but much more valuable and prestigious to being a Sentinel in your Holdings, I seriously doubt it doesn't apply to a Sentinel. However choosing a woman as a right hand in the North is probably not that well seen, thus it may cause people to lose respect towards your authority

• I doubt there is any written law stating no women must ever be sentinel. If a woman can get the respect needed - an well Beksh of course could - why not.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.