Weird thing to say but: Anyone else impressed at how negative episode 5 was?

edited July 2015 in Game Of Thrones

Don't get me wrong, I love the Forresters. But in 4 episodes, only one really bad thing had happened to them: losing Ethan. Apart from that, yeah they've had issues but none in the 'valar morghulis' sense that game of thrones is supposed to be about.

But in this episode...wow. Lot's of characters on our side dropping out one way or another (Rodrik/Asher, Duncan/Royland, Arthur, Malcom, Sera).

It sounds weird, but having characters die makes me care about the current cast way more, as they aren't protected just by being on our side.

Comments

• You forgot your best friend Sera. Seems she's not as good a friend as you thought.

• Nope. I expect things to get worse before they get better.

Not to say that I expect episode 6 to be overall positive (though I expect it to be better than episode 5), but that's because I expect a second season.

• edited July 2015

She was a very good friend in all 4 episodes before this one, it's not like her actions were actually all designed to harm us. She just got tired of putting herself at risk for us, which I kinda get. It's not like she was the person in King's Landing receiving all the money :P

We lost a good friend, but that doesn't mean she wasn't a good friend in her actions up till now.

But yeah, she is another ally lost, I'll add her.

Wigams posted: »

You forgot your best friend Sera. Seems she's not as good a friend as you thought.

• edited July 2015

But things got better for Rodrik halfway through episode 4 before they got worse :P

Abeille posted: »

Nope. I expect things to get worse before they get better. Not to say that I expect episode 6 to be overall positive (though I expect it to be better than episode 5), but that's because I expect a second season.

• Yeah, but, I mean, I didn't expect the 5th episode out of 6 to be anything but negative, because I expect this to end somehow positively for the Forresters. As in, I don't expect them to be wiped-out. Therefore, I expected episode 5 to give us the feeling that everything was lost.

Flog61 posted: »

But things got better for Rodrik halfway through episode 4 before they got worse :P

• Ah I get what you mean, yeah that's true

Abeille posted: »

Yeah, but, I mean, I didn't expect the 5th episode out of 6 to be anything but negative, because I expect this to end somehow positively for

Sign in to comment in this discussion.