It's Time to Face a Hard Truth [Ep.5 Spoilers]

Let's be honest here an stop kidding ourselves. It doesn't matter which brother we saved. Both Asher and Rodrik are both now determinant characters and that is a death sentence. If the surviving brother is lucky enough to survive episode 6, he won't make it through season 2 if they still follow the Forresters.

Telltale, everyone is expecting the surviving brother to die because he is determinant. Prove us wrong and show us that you are willing to let our choices matter. I know it will be more hard work for you guys to have two determinant POV characters, but I think it will pay off in the end and show everyone that our choices do matter and determinant characters can actually survive.

What do you guys think? Is the surviving brother as good as dead?

Comments

• nope, he gon' die.

• That's what I'm expecting as well.

nope, he gon' die.

• Just like Carley in Episode 3...

Alt text

• Did everyone just forget about Dany's alliance existing? lol.

• It's a shame you couldn't kill Lilly for that.

• Fuck Dany and fuck Malcolm too

Olimario posted: »

Did everyone just forget about Dany's alliance existing? lol.

• I don't know how that will help us in episode 6. It's more of a season 2 thing. If they continue with the Forresters for season 2 Malcolm will most likely be a playable character.

• Leaving her in the road was basically a death sentence.

stillhopingforLillyreturninseason3

• Damn right it is ! I believe it's because they wanted her to be the canon Lilly from the comics or some BS like that. It's a shame that we couldn't prevent all of this anyway.

The worst is that i used to like Lilly before that.

• Yeah, that's something else that is bothering me. I ended up with Kenny but I'm already expecting him to die very near to the beginning of the third season. At this point I would rather them make Christa the main character of season 3 and leave Clem with whoever you decided. The story just doesn't make any sense with Clem as the main character. Why would a bunch of adults listen to a little kid, it just makes them all look incompetent.

• One of the reasons I think each season will follow a different family.

• Now let's not exaggerate, the brothers' deaths are not granted even if they're determinant, they won't be POW characters after season 1, that's for sure, but that doesn't mean they will die. I think that actually the only POW character who is not going to die regardless of our choices is Gared.

• Dany and that alliance don't matter and never will. She is never going to Westeros. The Forresters only hope is Stannis.

• Gared is pretty safe and if I had to guess I would say Mira has a good chance at surviving as well. But, I don't see how the brothers will survive. Do you mean we will still see them but we just won't be able to control them, or do you mean we won't see them at all? The Lord of House Forrester will be a big character to leave out of season 2 if they continue with the Forresters.

Now let's not exaggerate, the brothers' deaths are not granted even if they're determinant, they won't be POW characters after season 1, th

• ditto

_DIO_ posted: »

Fuck Dany and fuck Malcolm too

• It depends on if TT will stick with the Forresters or not, if they do, I guess they could have small appearances while one of the POW joins Stannis' aemy and so on. If they won't stick with the Forresters as protagonists I don't think that we'll have more than some mentions.

Gared is pretty safe and if I had to guess I would say Mira has a good chance at surviving as well. But, I don't see how the brothers will s

• That's a problem though, since the game is canon to the show and they completely destroyed Stannis's character (Not to mention he dies).

Dany and that alliance don't matter and never will. She is never going to Westeros. The Forresters only hope is Stannis.

• My guess is that Episode 6 will end the story of the Forresters for good. If we ever see season 2 (it's not confirmed, but a good chance we will) it will follow a different story, perhaps of some other house. It would make the most sense, because it means that Asher/Rodrik doesn't die at the end of the season and they don't have to work them into season 2 except for maybe some small nods in dialogue.

• I think that he is about as dead as Jon is.

• It did strike me as odd when they didn't show Brienne kill him since they have shown much worse already.

• Yeah, the forresters are done for. One might survive, but can't see this ending well.

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pubd-spHN-0

stop trying to make stannis happen, it's not going to happen lol

Dany and that alliance don't matter and never will. She is never going to Westeros. The Forresters only hope is Stannis.

• If they kill Rodrick/Asher off whom should we play in season 2? Season 2 will take place maybe a year after this one so Thalia will be nine then. Ok we could have Mira, the Mother, Rodrick and Thalia. What type of game should that be? No fighting anymore? wouldn't work at all.

So they either have to bring up a new storyline with completly new characters or they have to let one adult forrester man live.

• I think Malcolm is an option for season 2. Gared also still might survive.

If they kill Rodrick/Asher off whom should we play in season 2? Season 2 will take place maybe a year after this one so Thalia will be nine

• edited July 2015

NINE? i'm pretty sure she ain't eight now. 15 maybe, but not 8, c'mon.

If they kill Rodrick/Asher off whom should we play in season 2? Season 2 will take place maybe a year after this one so Thalia will be nine

• They're certainly not going to be viewpoint characters for Season 2. I think that Telltale might keep them around awhile and just give them limited screentime, or maybe send them off somewhere at the beginning of the season. The way this game works with different viewpoints means that determinant characters will be easier for them, since they won't be required to be around for the the entire 2 hours.

• I would prefer they limit their screen time instead of killing them. I wasn't surprised at all when Finn died because I knew he was determinant. At this point the most surprising thing they could do is let them live.

They're certainly not going to be viewpoint characters for Season 2. I think that Telltale might keep them around awhile and just give them

• This is pretty sad when you think about it. 6 episodes. Almost 10-11 months including last episode. 1 House. House which i love with all my heart. With characters i love to play. And now to think that Rodrik is not gonna make it and his story is going to end... and season 2 is gonna start with totally new house and whole new story... i'm not sure i want it. I would love to end this here, after 6th episode. I don't want House Forrester to be just a memory, in shadow of new house...

Yeaah, i'm sentimental, i know.

• Wouldn't mind playing an actual wildling if there was a season 2. With what's coming in the show it'd be pretty epic I think.

• Rodrik could live if Telltale wanted to surprise us, but I don't see them letting a determinant character live. The only chance Rodrik has is if they cut him as a playable character for season 2 or start with a new family. But, it would be a disappointment to leave the Forresters after being with them for six episodes. I hope they choose to surprise us with the first determinant character that survives.

brbsmoking posted: »

This is pretty sad when you think about it. 6 episodes. Almost 10-11 months including last episode. 1 House. House which i love with all my

• Yeah I think he's still alive. And Brienne is awesome!

• OR...

Whoever we left behind is miraculously still alive!!

D

• I disagree we don't know what will happen, it'll be a lot of work but I'm confident Telltale can pull it off.

• edited July 2015

Their only hope is to wrap it up at the end of season 1 with the Whitehill's destroyed and the Forresters (whichever one you chose) alive, and follow a different story arc in season 2... sadly, that probably wont happen :/

EDIT: What might be interesting would be to follow house Whitehill when the forresters were above them - give some context for why they hate them...

• While I was blown away by the ending; after thinking on it our choices really didn't matter. If you maimed Gryff he pulls out his Wolverine regeneration and plot armor and is back to leading a band of troops even after being blinded. Ramsay acknowledges you maimed him but I guess Gryff is actually a wight.

I also have a feeling that if you wanted Rodrik to live Telltale is going to go "Lol nope, no Pitt Fighters; pyrrhic victory or ceasefire for you." And something bad is gonna happen to Rodrik; the exchange between Asher and Beshka seemed like foreshadowing "They follow you little brother, Rodrik hasn't had a chance to prove himself like you, and Lord sounds an awful lot like Master."

• Brienne is NOT awesome, she had no place forcing herself into Stannis's storyline and calling his YOUNGER brother Renly 'the one true king' just because she was in love with him and ignorant of the laws of succession.

RECS93 posted: »

Yeah I think he's still alive. And Brienne is awesome!

• They will die at the end of episode 6 and Talia will be the new lord. Determinant = death sentence

• edited July 2015

I'm not so sure about that being that it's the last episode, Kenny and Jane were both determinant but lived through the finale of TWDS2.

MosesARose posted: »

They will die at the end of episode 6 and Talia will be the new lord. Determinant = death sentence

• edited July 2015

Key word FINALE, who's to say they will not die at the beginning of season 3. Branching story means more work for TT, why do you think most our choices don't matter? To keep as far away from branching differences as possible. With every determinant character we had in a TT series they died eventually. Or appear non-existent throughout the story, until they finally die, as Nick did in season 2 of TWD. Either way, they die.

Duderson posted: »

I'm not so sure about that being that it's the last episode, Kenny and Jane were both determinant but lived through the finale of TWDS2.

• LMAO I whispered the exact same thing to myself when I read that.

brbsmoking posted: »

NINE? i'm pretty sure she ain't eight now. 15 maybe, but not 8, c'mon.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.