I'm so pissed at _____

So, obviously there's a whole bunch of things this episode to be mad at or broken by, but I notice nobody seems to be mentioning Malcolm on here just yet. Was anyone else as furious with him as I was? It's bad enough that he'd abandon his family in the middle of a war under any circumstances, but to do it for her. That self-righteous, deal breaking brat. For what? So she might one day think of House Forrester if she leaves Slaver's Bay? Gee, thank Malcolm, I'm sure she'll raise some lovely gravestones for us when she comes back, 20 odd years from now.

Honestly, it made me completely regret choosing to help Malcolm in Drogon's cave, especially since Beshka stood by my side anyway. I thought he was a battle-hardened veteran who would realize how essential it is for us to get every sword to Ironrath ASAP, but no, he goes off with her because they're on a first name basis now. And to think he could've been back home all this time, actually being helpful.

Comments

• edited July 2015

And what exactly would he do if he came back? He can either come with Asher and be one extra sword in the final fight that in all honesty won't make much of a difference...

Or he could foster a relationship with the possible future queen of Westeros. If Daenarys every makes it to Westeros and becomes queen she is going to reward people that supported her very, very well. The Forresters could go from being minor mountain clansmen to a major power in the North.

• The entire trip was useless. We gained nothing really. Daenerys acting like a stuck up bitch who won't give us 10 of the 8,000 unsullied she has (guess Daario wasn't around to keep her in good spirits ;)) and we lost Malcolm. Most of the pitt fighters died by Whitehill soldiers

• One fighter, especially one with as much experience as Malcolm, could have made a HUGE difference in the small-scale conflict between Forresters and Whitehills. Even if Daenaerys DOES make it to Westeros, the Forresters could well all be dead by then, all because we were lacking one of our finest commanders and warriors.

And what exactly would he do if he came back? He can either come with Asher and be one extra sword in the final fight that in all honesty wo

• Lets face it... Malcolm ditched the house... He had no intention of coming back. The house was falling.

• I felt it was necessary. If he could get on incredibly good terms with Daenarys, then that basically makes the Forresters pretty well off, should Dany win the Iron Throne. Also, I felt it wouldn't really help if he came back with Asher. Like RandomGentleman said, he's just gonna be one extra sword. I believe he would be much more useful with Dany, even if she can be a bit of an arse, sometimes.

• Yeah seems like Meereen is a long pointless plot for both Dany and the Forresters...

Seriously in my second save she came to me with those few gold bars and i was just "LMAO those are just a bonus for my excellent work right ?"

Turns out that's my reward and she whines that I'm not grateful enough for it... Don't dare talk to me about being ungrateful, bitch...

• Is it at all possible that Malcolm doesn't care if any of them died, and he's selfishly trying to get on good terms with Daenerys and become her ally, rather then help the remaining Forresters? I mean sure, his sister is there, but it's never been said that they've had a good relationship. You could say it's implied, but we've seen Cersei and Tywin try to kill their own blood, so... Maybe it was even Malcolm who planted the idea to Elissa of sending himself off to Essos in the first place!

• The only conversation they had was literally a freakin nod! You might be right about that.

Is it at all possible that Malcolm doesn't care if any of them died, and he's selfishly trying to get on good terms with Daenerys and become

• He did seem extremely easily convinced. And then he's all "I'll keep you in my prayers in the coming fight". Thanks, uncle, I'm sure you'll get very far here in Meereen. Not like Dany has any other gruff, Northern warriors vying for her attention.

Is it at all possible that Malcolm doesn't care if any of them died, and he's selfishly trying to get on good terms with Daenerys and become

Sign in to comment in this discussion.