House Forrester is doomed

edited July 2015 in Game Of Thrones

Everything looked great in Ep 4, House Forrester actually had a chance of surviving.Then out of nowhere appears Ramsay that kills Arthur and sends the Glenmores back. Now the Forresters won't survive because:
-Their army is shit
-Asher's army is shit (8 pitfighters and half of them are dead)
-Mira can't do anything apart from getting rid of Andros which dosen't matter anymore
-The Glenmores probably won't form an alliance with the Forresters now that Arthur's dead.
-Gared can't do anything in a single episode.Probably he will find the North Grove but it won't matter if the Forresters are at war.

Comments

• Which is why episode 5 was terrible. They've written themselves into a corner.

• Which is why episode 5 was terrible.

In your opinion :P. In my opinion it was the best episode yet.

Revec posted: »

Which is why episode 5 was terrible. They've written themselves into a corner.

• Well Asher/Rodrik are the only hope left.

• The North Grove better be useful...

• Can't forget Ser Gared.

Well Asher/Rodrik are the only hope left.

• Seriously? Each to their own I guess.

Which is why episode 5 was terrible. In your opinion :P. In my opinion it was the best episode yet.

• I don't see how anything hundreds of miles away would be useful honestly. Even if it is useful it would take Gared forever to get back with it and if he did manage to successfully get back there is a good chance it will be to late.

javoris767 posted: »

The North Grove better be useful...

• The last person that told me the house was doomed is now missing three fingers.

I think he may have been right.

• I can't see that working. They've become expendable characters now based on the choice TT gave us.

• edited July 2015

The sad thing is that the Forresters would have been in a better position if they continued from the non-canon ending.

I would have much preferred Rodrik going down in battle against Ludd.

Comparison:

Killing Ludd

Ludd dead. Sentinel dead. Arthur dead. Mum dead. Rodrik dead / Asher alive Traitor alive Ryon Alive Gryff imprisoned

Compromising

Ludd alive. Sentinel alive. Arthur dead. Mum alive. One of Rodrik/Asher dead. One of Rodrik/Asher alive. Traitor alive/dead. Ryon alive. Gryff free.

With Ludd dead and Gryff imprisoned, the Whitehills are pretty stuffed.

Isn't the non-canon version better?

Edit: Arguably, with no one in charge of House Whitehill, Ramsay wouldn't care what happened to the Forresters. There would also be no ambush without Ludd and Gryff. Also Ryon is pretty stuffed either way.

Second Edit: The pros and cons end up being: Ludd dead and Gryff Imprisoned vs Sentinel dead and Mum dead.

• edited July 2015

Then suddenly Ramsay and the Forresters are fucked.

Ryon is killed, Ramsay does something horrible to Talia, Torrhen returns to Highpoint, Mira is stuck in Kingslanding because now there's nothing to do, Asher comes home and is killed in the ambush/or he just never comes back depending on what he learns.

asanque posted: »

The sad thing is that the Forresters would have been in a better position if they continued from the non-canon ending. I would have much

• The only thing still going strong at the moment is whoever that kid is working for helping Mira. If for some reason they want to help the Forresters in exchange for something, then they might have hope.

Then suddenly Ramsay and the Forresters are fucked. Ryon is killed, Ramsay does something horrible to Talia, Torrhen returns to Highpoint

• edited July 2015

One man can't kill a entire army...

• In your opinion. In my opinion it was the worst episode yet.

Which is why episode 5 was terrible. In your opinion :P. In my opinion it was the best episode yet.

• Well most probably Gared will be killed, HF doesn't have an army to defend Ironrath and if Ironrath is destroyed i don't see the point in having Gared still searching.

I don't see how anything hundreds of miles away would be useful honestly. Even if it is useful it would take Gared forever to get back with it and if he did manage to successfully get back there is a good chance it will be to late.

• 20 good men™ can.

FrostNight posted: »

One man can't kill a entire army...

• George R. R. Martin is sitting in the North Grove with his death note.

The North Grove better be useful...

• At least now he can't count the number of your soldiers on his fingers.

The last person that told me the house was doomed is now missing three fingers. I think he may have been right.

• Well, actually I took one finger for every soldier I have.

Krmpr posted: »

At least now he can't count the number of your soldiers on his fingers.

• Did someone say Twenty Good Men™? It's a shame Asher only brought Eight Mediocre Men™

20 good men™ can.

• If we even had that many

20 good men™ can.

• The House is doomed but Forresters will live on.

• Bwahaha :D

George R. R. Martin is sitting in the North Grove with his death note.

• Which is why the fact that Tom didn't even show up on episode 5 pisses me off.

The only thing still going strong at the moment is whoever that kid is working for helping Mira. If for some reason they want to help the Forresters in exchange for something, then they might have hope.

• Agree.

• ...or, uh, Mira, who's actually in the position to help the most.

Can't forget Ser Gared.

• They only need to keep them alive for one episode, and they'll probably be put in exactly the same situations. So it'll actually be less work than previous episodes - 3 protagonists rather than 4 is a lot less destination design.

I can't see that working. They've become expendable characters now based on the choice TT gave us.

• With only one episode left and the situation as it is, either House Forrester is doomed or the North Grove will magically save them. I'm not sure which is worse writing. I have the feeling that I'll be disappointed either way. Episode 5 pretty much destroyed everything.

• North Grove should do something special, like saving House Forrester. If Telltale screws up again, then I played this game for nothing.

• Their army isn't shit, lol. I'm sure that there are more pit fighters than those they showed us, and looks like the Forresters have more soldiers that we imagine (look at the final scene is ep5).

Well I doubt that this will have a totaly bad final. Probably both houses will destroy eachother :P

• Not my Mira lol she's screwed.

Flog61 posted: »

...or, uh, Mira, who's actually in the position to help the most.

• FrostNight = Erik's TellTale account.

• when you play the game of thrones you win or you die, there is no middle ground

• Don't worry guys. House Forrester will be alright, We'll just kill all the whitehills and dance in the Season finale! Iron From Ice dude!

• Mira doesn't even have a friend at this point.

Flog61 posted: »

...or, uh, Mira, who's actually in the position to help the most.

• 'Forever' isn't a problem for Telltale. Weeks past in Episode 5 alone.

I don't see how anything hundreds of miles away would be useful honestly. Even if it is useful it would take Gared forever to get back with it and if he did manage to successfully get back there is a good chance it will be to late.

• Bowen will save the day.

You'll see!!

• It will be even more impressive when we turn things around.

• Wait, so does Arthur die either way? No matter if you bring him along with you to highpoint or not?

• Hahhaahahah

FrostNight = Erik's TellTale account.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.