So the game is a story of...?

In 'A Dance with Dragons' we're told for the Clan Forrester. As we all know- everything in the game is taking place a little before the fifth book.
What do you think: Is the game the story of how House Forrester came to be Clan Forrester? Will House Forrester continue it's existing.

P.S. I don't know... but I don't feel it for 'Clan' Forrester. It's just the word.. 'clan'. When I hear 'clan' I imagine wildlings. And Forrester surely are not one.

Comments

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Well it's based off the TV show, not the books.

• There is actually a real Clan Forrester surprisingly. It just means large group/large family, and is more often used in Scotland which does link in with the Northern thing. But I'm from the North of England and they (mostly) sound like me, they ain't Scottish. I don't particularly imagine wildings when I think of the word, I think of strength really! I can't see much difference between them being known as a House or a Clan haha.
    I think they'll continue, whether they'll continue in the next season of the game as playable characters, I'm not sure.

• Well, now that you explained it, it actually makes sense to me. I see that in fact there's no difference between a clan and a house.

And I understand why we have different things on our minds when we think of a 'clan'. Here, in Bulgaria, we don't have any noble houses, clans, boyars and etc. since the Middle ages. After the Liberation we had only one noble house here, no lords, no dukes. Since 1878 until 1944 the only noble house in my country was the ruling one(first Battenberg and then Saxe-Coburg and Gotha), so, I think you understand... it is kinda too far away from me.

bexbee94 posted: »

There is actually a real Clan Forrester surprisingly. It just means large group/large family, and is more often used in Scotland which does

Sign in to comment in this discussion.