A Question regarding violence in the TV show

Hello people,

I am currently watched Season 1 of the Game of Thrones show. I've come as far as episode 7 at the moment, which ends when lord Stark somewhat gets ambushed in the throne room with Cersei, Joffrey and Baelish. Fuck you Baelish! Anyway, please no spoilers from that moment on and I will put the thread in spoiler mode so moments from before that can be used to explain.

My question is regarding the violence in the upcoming episodes/seasons. Do the following seasons get a lot more violent? How much more violence should I expect in the upcoming seasons? I plan to watch them all and the violence in the show is so far so good, but Ramsay isn't giving me much to look forward to violent wise. Don't look forward to see him flaying and torturing people like he did in the game (although since that doesn't look realistic I didn't really care at all). So yes, does Season 1 give a good taste of what the violence of the show will be throughout or will it increase rapidly? If so, could you give some spoilerless examples and your thought on if it would be appropriate to watch for a 14-year old (who does watch a lot of R rated movies with violence, Kingsman and Mad Max Fury Road come to mind).

Thanks for the help!

Comments

• In terms of violence season one was really tame. When I rewatch it it actually feels like an entirely different show.

• It's pretty much a lot of this. Alt text

In terms of violence season one was really tame. When I rewatch it it actually feels like an entirely different show.

• edited July 2015

Personally, that doesn't look too bad yet. Perhaps when he takes his fingers off the eyes it might look a bit.... disgusting. No need for a photo of that thanks.

• edited July 2015

Eh, the fingers don't come out of the head so much as the head just stops existing as anything vaguely resembling a head. Go stomp on a watermelon and you'll get a better idea of what the aftermath looks like.

In case you're curious: https://m.youtube.com/?reload=7&rdm=1mui3t39n#/watch?v=bXKYdqIUHQI

LineLiar posted: »

Personally, that doesn't look too bad yet. Perhaps when he takes his fingers off the eyes it might look a bit.... disgusting. No need for a photo of that thanks.

• edited July 2015

It does get more violent, but don't worry, it's all part of the show and mostly necessary to really get you involved in the upcoming plots.

• That doesn't look too bad?
    I'm 19 and that scene fucked me up for a good week or so, the scream from his wife was as brutal as the head explosion to me...

Also firstly if you watch lots of R-rated stuff then I don't see why you're so concerned as gore is gore and it's all going to be much of the same muchness.
    Secondly you're still a kid, personally I'd wait a few years to watch game of thrones as I think you'd get more from it and enjoy it more. Not gore-related but just because of the plot and the politics and themes which you'll have a better grasp of when you're a little older.

• Right? I'm 18 and that's the only time gore or violence (in fiction) has ever made me throw up and feel really unsettled. I even knew what was going to happen (from reading) and it bothered me.

iWebbyy posted: »

That doesn't look too bad? I'm 19 and that scene fucked me up for a good week or so, the scream from his wife was as brutal as the head ex

• It's just a kid trying to prove they're mature and can handle gore and can understand the politics, he wants to show he's an adult.

Everyone's the same at that age, trying too hard to prove you're not a kid when being a kid was the fucking best and you just didn't realise it haha, now I'm 19 and I feel far less mature then I thought I was 5 years ago!

Right? I'm 18 and that's the only time gore or violence (in fiction) has ever made me throw up and feel really unsettled. I even knew what was going to happen (from reading) and it bothered me.

• Nothing an episode can't heal off, thanks to GryffEyeCare.

• edited July 2015

Excuse me? I of course don't hear any sound in this GIF so perhaps that makes it a lot more scary. There's probably also a lot more around that scene that makes it very gory than just this. I don't hear any screams or anything that would make it intense for me since I only see a 4 second fragment of what might be an entire scene of gore.

I am concerned about gore, because I don't enjoy watching too much gore either. This gif was disturbing to look at definitely, but with ''that's still OK'' I mostly meant that the gore in ths fragment wasn't bad enough to really turn me away. I do watch a lot of R-rated stuff, but do also look into how much gore and violence is in it beforehand. the only reason I mentioned that I do watch R-rated movie is just so people giving me adivce could realize that I don't only watch entertainment that do not have any significant amount of gore or violence. The first 7 episodes so far I feel like I get most of what's going on, and enough to enjoy it personally. I love the characters, I love the setting, I love the politics more so than the violence and gore. Perhaps I would like it more if I was older, but why not watch it if I like it now as well?

I only made this thread to ask about violence and/or gore in upcoming seasons since I am actually concerned that it might get a bit too much for me. The current season hasn't shocked me violence or gore wise but since Game of Thrones is well known for such matters I thought I would ask before I get too much into the show to the point where I love it and don't really want to stop anymore. Why do you think I'm not even trying out The Walking Dead? Exactly. Because I think that might be a bit too violent/gory for me.

I am far from attention seeking on the forum and definitely don't want to prove that I am mature. As I said, I am actually concerned that it might be too much for me to handle at some point. Yes, I do think I have quite a good grasp at politics and that I can handle gore to a certain point, but I am not sure about Game of Thrones-level gore and that's why I asked. Not to be insulted by some random ''adult'' to tell me that I am attention seeking and want to prove that I am mature.

I have no need to act like an adult because I am not. The fact that you might've been like that in that age does not make everyone else the same. I do realize I am still a ''kid'' and not a fully-grown adult like you must be, and that's not what I made this thread for. How does that even have anything to do with my question in the first place? If you can't give proper advice to a honest question, then please refrain from replying again. I didn't come here to have a ''fully-grown adult'' tell me I am trying to be mature and don't understand politics enough to like the show.

That doesn't look too bad? I'm 19 and that scene fucked me up for a good week or so, the scream from his wife was as brutal as the head ex

• Alright. Thank you! :)

AstroZombie posted: »

It does get more violent, but don't worry, it's all part of the show and mostly necessary to really get you involved in the upcoming plots.

• Haha yeah. The Whitehills must have a great maester lol.

ezay posted: »

Nothing an episode can't heal off, thanks to GryffEyeCare.

• I think you're over reacting a little bud!

Excuse me? I of course don't hear any sound in this GIF so perhaps that makes it a lot more scary. There's probably also a lot more around t

• Fair enough then. Might've taken that a bit more offensive than I should've. Sorry if that offended you. Got a little bit pissed off lol.

I think you're over reacting a little bud!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.