Doesn't it feel like **** was the one supposed to go?

Doesn't it feel like Rodrik was the one supposed to die? Cause even if Asher is the one to stay behind, they give him the same treatment most Rodrik's gave Gryff. And the blow in the eye... Even when i left Asher behind in my second playthrough, it felt like Rodrik was supposed to be there. Is it just me who felt that way?

Comments

• edited July 2015

If you look closely you'll notice, the moment Rodrik got some "bad poosey" earlier in the episode he grew a giant bullseye on his forehead.

• I felt as if Asher would decide to make the sacrifice to save the Lord of House Forrester, dying a heroic death.

• The majority of people left Asher when I did it, I was in the minority for every single one of my choices actually!
    For me Asher seems the obvious choice by far to be honest, plot-wise it makes more sense on literally every level.

The only reason I could really find to go with Rodders was because of Elaena but at the end of the day the decisions need to be based on winning the war and not sentiment.

• Nah, I definitely felt the same. On my first play through i chose to leave Rodrick behind because i felt that ending suited him more. Comparing it to Asher, everything down to the animation, the hit to the eye, and gryffs smurk as you die just suited Rodrick way more.Because of this if there is a season 2 of GOT with the Forrestors i feel like who you play as wont be some much as a determinant but a preset character who was meant to survive-and that character being Asher. I cant really compare it to anything but mass effect in the way that the have a 'sub cannon' almost for how events should play out, yet we can still alter them.

• yeah i agree, almost like a redemption story ark. Yet i feel rodericks fits too in the sense that he is the older honorable brother etc.

Harian96 posted: »

I felt as if Asher would decide to make the sacrifice to save the Lord of House Forrester, dying a heroic death.

• Theres no 'supposed to' decision yes the animations are mostly the same but you could go either way.

• I beat episode 5 yesterday and the majority is now almost 50/50.

iWebbyy posted: »

The majority of people left Asher when I did it, I was in the minority for every single one of my choices actually! For me Asher seems the

• It feels like nothing, it feels like it was a rushed choice. Both of them still had lots of things to do and were still very relevent to the story.

• Nope, Asher was suppose to die for me. Rodrik will be the future of the Forrester house.

• For me it feels like that killing Asher off at this point just makes his story a huge waste so that's why I saved him. If I had to go through him walking around in Essos and chatting with Dany and blahblah (even though the pit scene was great) then I damn well don't want him to die after being 2 mins at Westeros. Rodrik is awesome character, but he has already had a story with many amazing moments and this is a proper dramatic ending for it. The idea of having an episode with Asher becoming the lord seems more interesting than him dying and Rodrik continuing to be a lord, now with just Beshka and 6 pit fighters hanging around.

• Interesting, I felt the opposite; like it's the Lord's duty to protect the house, so I left Rodrik behind. Plus he's the older brother, so that was more of an incentive for me in making my choice.

I felt as if Asher would decide to make the sacrifice to save the Lord of House Forrester, dying a heroic death.

• yeah, btw, i hope that there were more pit fighters and they just didn't show it. Cause Asher calling that an army would be pathetic :(

For me it feels like that killing Asher off at this point just makes his story a huge waste so that's why I saved him. If I had to go throug

• Yeah, I actually think there are more. Like 20 or something, it was just funny how he arrived with his "army" and there was just couple guys standing behind him :D I'm actually surprised Rodrik, or anyone, didn't say like "Really? That's your army?"

AstroZombie posted: »

yeah, btw, i hope that there were more pit fighters and they just didn't show it. Cause Asher calling that an army would be pathetic

• edited July 2015

a shame those 20 men aren't 20 good men lol

Yeah, I actually think there are more. Like 20 or something, it was just funny how he arrived with his "army" and there was just couple guys standing behind him I'm actually surprised Rodrik, or anyone, didn't say like "Really? That's your army?"

• Then we'll train them to be :D

AstroZombie posted: »

a shame those 20 men aren't 20 good men lol

• Me too it made sense with his character arc, then again I was playing him as good as possible, I don't know why but Gared and Asher just seemed like good guy material, I have no idea what to do with Mira though and I just made Rodrick tough as nails, seemed fitting after what he went through.

• I felt the same way too but I just thought that Asher would definitely sacrifice himself, which is a shame because I preferred playing him over Rodrick, not that Rodrick is bad or anything but I just seemed to play him stone cold towards anyone that wasn't Elaena or Talia.

For me it feels like that killing Asher off at this point just makes his story a huge waste so that's why I saved him. If I had to go throug

• edited July 2015

Definitely feels like Asher landing in Westeros and getting killed 5 minutes later is a bit of an anticlimax. Like, that's what people suggest would happen with Daenaerys when they're making fun of the series.

• There are definitely 'supposed to' or 'canon' decisions in the game though. Look what happens if Mira just runs away in episode 2, instead of killing Damien. Next episode, Damien is dead anyway. Somehow Tom managed to kill him apparently, despite being half-drowned. The game clearly feels you were supposed to do that and so, if you don't, the narrative becomes wonky and incongruous. So, it's not unreasonable to think the writer's intended this death for Rodrik more than for Asher, even if it does work for both.

AgentZ46 posted: »

Theres no 'supposed to' decision yes the animations are mostly the same but you could go either way.

• Yeah it just feels like cutting Asher's story in half for shock value, killing him just as soon as he finally gets back.

At least with Rodrik there's a bit of closure.

ranger563 posted: »

Definitely feels like Asher landing in Westeros and getting killed 5 minutes later is a bit of an anticlimax. Like, that's what people suggest would happen with Daenaerys when they're making fun of the series.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.