Last Decision...

Just finished playing on Android and The last decision sucked: here's why. The decision of effectively killing Rodrik or Asher means House Forrester is screwed. This messes up the lineage because the baby will be determinant, meaning there is no canon House Forrester male heir. I'm disappointed in Telltale's lazy writing here, something this big and consequential shouldn't have been a choice, and there is really no way S2 (if there is one) can continue with the same House/characters. See: WD S3). Of course, all this is invalidated if Elaena got pregnant from that one time, but its really unlikely. Overall, this Ep sucked.

Comments

• I'm willing to bet that it doesn't matter who you save. The one who survives will die in the next episode anyways and Talia will become the head of House Forrester.

• Yep, but doesn't this mean there will never be another true Forrester (with the last name) again?

I'm willing to bet that it doesn't matter who you save. The one who survives will die in the next episode anyways and Talia will become the head of House Forrester.

• edited July 2015

She could marry Matrilineally I suppose.The Martells do that and allow heirs of female rulers to be of the mothers dynasty. Or now that I think about it Ryon could survive and become head. I sort of forget he even exists sometimes.

transfo47 posted: »

Yep, but doesn't this mean there will never be another true Forrester (with the last name) again?

• edited July 2015

Alt text

• Hah that too, totally forgot he existed.

She could marry Matrilineally I suppose.The Martells do that and allow heirs of female rulers to be of the mothers dynasty. Or now that I think about it Ryon could survive and become head. I sort of forget he even exists sometimes.

• Good luck finding a super manly-macho Northman who is willing to step aside for a woman ^^

• I wonder where we could possibly find a lowborn Northerner who could both marry Talia and allow the children to be of her dynasty...

Alt text

_DIO_ posted: »

Good luck finding a super manly-macho Northman who is willing to step aside for a woman ^^

• edited July 2015

Ummmmm no. Women don't go before the brother, even if they are older. Ryon will be the next Lord.

I'm willing to bet that it doesn't matter who you save. The one who survives will die in the next episode anyways and Talia will become the head of House Forrester.

• edited July 2015

Come on. Do you really expect Ryon to survive? He hasn't even had 10 minutes of screentime throughout the entire series. Telltale isn't going to end the series with a character we know almost nothing about as head of house Forrester. Meanwhile Talia has had a bunch of character development. If anyone ends up as lord of House Forrester it's either the brother you picked to survive the ambush or Talia. No way Ryon is going to survive to the end.

Ummmmm no. Women don't go before the brother, even if they are older. Ryon will be the next Lord.

• edited July 2015

Hey as long as it isn't a Cluke thing I'm fine with it :) Some little flaws tho:

1. Gared is a lowborn so he doesn't bring concrete benefits to the house
    2. He is oath bound to keep his cock in his pants, if it hasn't fallen off from the cold already

I wonder where we could possibly find a lowborn Northerner who could both marry Talia and allow the children to be of her dynasty...

• lol, keep dreaming. We already know that both Rodrik and Asher will end up dead. They aren't going to kill Ryon off too, the brother who lives will die destroying the Whitehills. Ryon surviving will be the silver lining. You talk about character development, but Asher and Rodrik had far more than her and die. Not to mention that Northmen are too sexist to follow a little girl as a Lord.

Come on. Do you really expect Ryon to survive? He hasn't even had 10 minutes of screentime throughout the entire series. Telltale isn't goin

• House Mormont is lead by a woman and they are a well respected Northern house.

lol, keep dreaming. We already know that both Rodrik and Asher will end up dead. They aren't going to kill Ryon off too, the brother who liv

• You are referring Maege Mormont, a badass warrior and a phenomenal battle commander who brought her house back from being damn near broke. Notice I said "little girl", not "Epic Commander Warrior Woman". There is a vast difference, sorry.

House Mormont is lead by a woman and they are a well respected Northern house.

• People complain Telltale is too lazy with choices and choices don't matter.

Telltale makes huge major choice, called lazy and disappointing.

• Um.. This "huge major choice" is a lazy one, for obvious reasons. They need well thought out choices coupled with well thought out consequences.

Poogers555 posted: »

People complain Telltale is too lazy with choices and choices don't matter. Telltale makes huge major choice, called lazy and disappointing.

• The thing with Telltale is that every time there's a major choice, it's the FOLLOW-UP that is lazy because they don't want to trouble themselves making subplots into subplots which is the essence of a story tailored by your choices.

Poogers555 posted: »

People complain Telltale is too lazy with choices and choices don't matter. Telltale makes huge major choice, called lazy and disappointing.

• Barbrey Dustin is head of House Dustin. She is not a badass warrior yet her house is also a well respected.

You are referring Maege Mormont, a badass warrior and a phenomenal battle commander who brought her house back from being damn near broke. Notice I said "little girl", not "Epic Commander Warrior Woman". There is a vast difference, sorry.

• edited July 2015

Yes, her husband was Lord and he died. She was already an adult and accustomed to the power, once again not a little girl.

Barbrey Dustin is head of House Dustin. She is not a badass warrior yet her house is also a well respected.

• But the difference this time is that they're both major characters, not people that can just be pushed into the background. Even if they do die in the next episode, there's no doubt that who you saved will have an impact in the next episode.

_DIO_ posted: »

The thing with Telltale is that every time there's a major choice, it's the FOLLOW-UP that is lazy because they don't want to trouble themselves making subplots into subplots which is the essence of a story tailored by your choices.

• That's what I am saying. Logic would have it be like you describe it but the fact is everytime a situation of that kind showed up, TT took the easy way out. I would be glad if we really had two distincts amazing storylines for each path, but judging on previous games I just can't help but feel skeptical about it

I do trust their ability to do it but will they do it ? I'm not so sure...

But the difference this time is that they're both major characters, not people that can just be pushed into the background. Even if they do die in the next episode, there's no doubt that who you saved will have an impact in the next episode.

• Don't you mean Mira? Unless she dies, too.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.