The North Grove - my theory.

Omid's catOmid's cat Banned
edited July 2015 in Game Of Thrones

Do you remember first Transformers movie? Shia Lebeef's grandpa stumbled upon frozen body of Megatron. I believe, Telltale will use this idea. Long time ago Forrester's ancestor found something, beyond the Wall, but it was impossible to return there. I'm not telling it was the leader of Decepticons. I'd say Fallout's Liberty Prime or Jaeger ("Pacific Rim"). Something like that. Very powerful fighting machine. If Boltons or Lannisters would find it... "The North Grove Must Never Be Lost". Get it?

Still sceptical?
Ok, words "Iron From Ice" - iron (machine) buried in ice. The true meaning.

Alt text

Comments

• Haha Transformers is not the thing to rip ideas from

• edited July 2015

Nice theory you got there, but I think that the North Grove will be nothing. Absolutely fucking nothing. Gared's segments were nothing more than filler, so that the episodes would be close to 2 hours long, since people complained about the length of TWAU and TWD S2's episodes.

• The North Grove is where bran is at

• Alt text

MichaelBP posted: »

Nice theory you got there, but I think that the North Grove will be nothing. Absolutely fucking nothing. Gared's segments were nothing more

• If that happened, I'd give episode 6 an 11 out of 10.

• edited July 2015

If it is Liberty Prime he has to bring Sgt. RL-3 for ultimate victory.

Alt text

• Interesting way of thinking. But I’m more inclined into betting that the North Grove will be just nothing or a place related to the Children of the Forest.

• Children of the Forest. How can they help? What are their abilities? Can they kick butts like those nightmares from final part of "LotR"? Or Aiden from "Beyond: Two Souls". Or, are they just unharmful tree hugging hippie spooks?

TMLC posted: »

Interesting way of thinking. But I’m more inclined into betting that the North Grove will be just nothing or a place related to the Children of the Forest.

• We will find something even better than a Transformer:Alt text

Awww yisssssss

• If we consider how they throw explosive fire magic in the tv show, I think they could help, yeah.

But, seriously, they just make sense. An important location, north of the Wall, where winter can reach and with great secrets. It sounds a lot like a place they could be related to.

Omid's cat posted: »

Children of the Forest. How can they help? What are their abilities? Can they kick butts like those nightmares from final part of "LotR"? Or Aiden from "Beyond: Two Souls". Or, are they just unharmful tree hugging hippie spooks?

• Help but HOW? Children won't march on Highpoint. Will they teach Gared magic tricks?
    I was thinking about time travel. Gared goes back to the begining of the game, saves Gregor and Rodrik and becomes a knight. That was his dream. Now he's fugitive, there is no going back.

Anyway, The North Grove must be serious. Otherwise Tuttle's thread will be pointless.

TMLC posted: »

If we consider how they throw explosive fire magic in the tv show, I think they could help, yeah. But, seriously, they just make sense. A

• Many things were pointless until now (and I fear they will still be). But it can be related to the next season and the WW.

Omid's cat posted: »

Help but HOW? Children won't march on Highpoint. Will they teach Gared magic tricks? I was thinking about time travel. Gared goes back to

• First one was pretty good, one of my favorites of all time actually, mainly because of Spiel's heightened involvement.

Wigams posted: »

Haha Transformers is not the thing to rip ideas from

• My theory is that the North Grove is Twenty Good Men.

• srsly though, I wouldnt be surprised if that was literally it.

Gared: "What? 20 good fighters? that was it? could have got that south of the wall."
    20: "Yes but we have magic powers so that gives us an edge"
    Gared: "Ooooookaaay...but we are North of the wall theres no way we can get to Ironrath in time so this is pointless"
    20: "Oh but I have the power to teleport everyone"
    Gared: "Thats...convenient, but even then we dont have weapons"
    20: "I have the power to give everyone weapons"
    Gared: "Wtf? ok dejs ex machina, it doesnt defeat the fact that Im an oathbreaker"
    20: " I have the power to make oaths null and void"
    Gared: "telltale pls..."

Krmpr posted: »

My theory is that the North Grove is Twenty Good Men.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.