Who is Iron from Ice?

Comments

• Yeah. If you look hard enough you can probably find something unrealistic in every movie/game. But I mean we all watch/play this kind of things to see something we dont see every day right? If I want to see something realisitic I go to work :D

Benayon posted: »

That's what I think too. Totally agree. I mean, if you really think too much about things like that, and if you always demands a scientifica

• That's fair... And Telltale will most likely act in this way...
    The only thing Telltale seems to remember is when you skip the credits in some of their games xD

Ok it was a fresh injurie of curse he would be really bad. But I don't think we should base our "Iron From Ice" in the best shape brother.

• Awesome post! This is exactly why I saved Rodrik; he was the one dealing with the Whitehill's. I'm going to miss Asher like crazy, but this is Rodrik's story. The story of a man that can live through a slaughter, and be at the brink of ruin, before(hopefully) getting his vengeance. Rodrik the Unbreakable does have a ring to it, doesn't it?

• (?) TellTale saw what u did there

That's fair... And Telltale will most likely act in this way... The only thing Telltale seems to remember is when you skip the credits in some of their games xD

• edited July 2015

Yeah, we all have someone we identify with. That's why there are Stannis followers, R+L=J theorist, Jaime AA enthusiasts, and even... *dramatic music on ...DANY FANS =OOOOOOO

Just kidding, please dont hate me xD

...much

Nothing of this is Rodrick's fault nor Asher's: Fok the Whitehills. I think we all have a different Iron From Ice, and I doubt we will all get to a point where everyone agrees (Nice speech btw )

• Im a Dany fan... >:C (jk not really pissed)

Yeah, we all have someone we identify with. That's why there are Stannis followers, R+L=J theorist, Jaime AA enthusiasts, and even... *dramatic music on ...DANY FANS =OOOOOOO Just kidding, please dont hate me xD ...much

• lol I do not hate or dislike her, neither her fans. I just think that there are more prepared leaders in Westeros right now, and kinda disagree with some of her actions as a queen and towards Jorah. She contradicts herself sometimes IMO. But thats it. =3

The only type of fans that I do not like so much are the ones that always brags about reading the books only to attack the show viewers...

Im a Dany fan... >:C (jk not really pissed)

• edited July 2015

I was quite shocked as I realised that I have to leave one of them behind to die. If you think too long about these possible decisions you find a lot of pros and cons. In these 10 seconds I chose Asher to die a hero. Asher is/was such a nice fellow, thats why its even more sad. Rodriks story was always sad and he had to suffer so much. The reason I chose Rodrik to live was:

1. He was trained to be a lord. He knows how to rule the house and was there when most of the events took part. Asher would have to learn very much to be up-to-date and even then he wouldnt be as well prepared as Rodrik.
    2. He has suffered so long and much, but because of that he is able to bear more for the upcoming war. I would be even more sad if Asher survived and has to see how his family possibly gets killed.
    3. If Gwyn hears that Asher was killed (ambushed) she will hopefully see how mad her family is and work with the Forresters. Maybe she even realises that Gryff and Ludd have to die.
    4. If Rodrik lives he will probably marry Eleana and could get help from the Glenmores.

I dont want to say which the best decision is, cause its hard to tell. But letting Rodrik live kinda feels like the best and official decision imo. If Asher stays behind you get the opportunity to chose what to say. If Rodrik stays behind you dont get that option. Would have been awesome to have the opportunity to say something like: Tell Eleana I love her, or: Tell Talia that Iam sorry (for breaking his promise to kill the traitor [determinant]). But there was no option to say something and that feels "not right" in my opinion.

So in short: I think the upcoming war will cause more pain to the Forresters, and I want Rodrik to be the one that has to bear that, cause he almost is getting used to it, while it would be more sad to see Asher get broken too. And Rodrik is prepared to lead the house. Like you said this Rodrik now is iron from ice.

• Yeah the "OMG THE SHOW IS TOO DIFFERENT! IMA RAGE" book readers are annoying.

Ik that Dany is a bitch to Jorah, I have to admit that she should treat him better, but I can't see who is the more prepared leaders... Tell me maybe u change my mind :3

lol I do not hate or dislike her, neither her fans. I just think that there are more prepared leaders in Westeros right now, and kinda disag

• edited July 2015

The thing I dont like about the Dany-story is that she is kinda untouchable, nothing could kill her. Like Daryl in Walking Dead. These characters are definetly interesting and many people like them. But they will probably never die and you can already feel that. It would definetly be sad to lose them, but they somehow have to show that they arent untouchable. I already talked with a friend about that and had the idea that Daryl could get bitten in the finger or something like that and he has to cut his finger off, people would be shocked, but he would survive. Thats why I like the comics of Walking Dead, even main-characters get such treatment. But I dont know how they could change this about Dany, its kinda too late. And with all this prophecies about her, her story isnt so exciting anymore. Thats why I dont like her story that much.

Edit: One way to change this about Dany could be that one of her dragons get killed. This would at least partly disprove this prophecy and prove that she "could" die.

Yeah the "OMG THE SHOW IS TOO DIFFERENT! IMA RAGE" book readers are annoying. Ik that Dany is a bitch to Jorah, I have to admit that she should treat him better, but I can't see who is the more prepared leaders... Tell me maybe u change my mind

• edited July 2015

Ugh, ikr Daryl probably will never die... (Tho I hope they use him in the TV Show to "mark" the land of the Whisperers (like they did in the comics last issue) It would definitly be a shock).

Don't worry knowing Goerge as we know Dany will have her fucked up moment very soon.

N8eule posted: »

The thing I dont like about the Dany-story is that she is kinda untouchable, nothing could kill her. Like Daryl in Walking Dead. These chara

• edited July 2015

I dindt read the books yet, will there happen something to her, or is somethin leaked like that. Feel free to spoiler me if you know that

Ugh, ikr Daryl probably will never die... (Tho I hope they use him in the TV Show to "mark" the land of the Whisperers (like they did in the

• Every game/book/movie etc fanbase has these elitists ones... And I cannot hate or dislike Dany fans even if I wanted because both my mother and grandma love her xD

I liked Tv Stannis before they portrayed him as a fully religious fanatic... But book Stannis is much more morally developed than him. Tv Show Stannis deserved to die, though (IF he did die). I wont lie to you, my 1º contender is Jon Snow, provided the theories are true and all. But if he does not return I'll have to cheer either to Dany or to Young Griff. To be honest I wouldnt be sad if Dany won.

She has more potential than most of the 5 kings, but she is too young and thus dumb sometimes. She is too entitled to herself and sometimes she cant see the bigger picture. Like when she blamed Ned Stark for the deaths of the Targaryen children, but at the same time didn't like to be blamed by Iriz Mar Durr for the Dothraki's murders and raping. She has a long way ahead of her yet... And also...

Poor Jorah, I salute you =/

Yeah the "OMG THE SHOW IS TOO DIFFERENT! IMA RAGE" book readers are annoying. Ik that Dany is a bitch to Jorah, I have to admit that she should treat him better, but I can't see who is the more prepared leaders... Tell me maybe u change my mind

• I didn't read the last books but I heard that she will kill a khal (somehow) and get a Dortraki army or smth like that. So yeah no bad things to her -.-

This could be a lie tho bc I can't remember where i read this.

I dindt read the books yet, will there happen something to her, or is somethin leaked like that. Feel free to spoiler me if you know that

• Couldnt agree more with you... Even with the departing thing... Its these little things, right? Asher at least could choose his last words, while Rodrik was acting like a... Npc. My strongest regret about leaving Asher behind, in the end, is that he does not ever sees his mother anymore. This is totally heartbreaking. When episode 6 arrive Ill seek into it to see if Asher at least gets an appropriated reunion with her and Talia...

I was quite shocked as I realised that I have to leave one of them behind to die. If you think too long about these possible decisions you f

• It totally does! Hope Telltale include it in the finale x)

Awesome post! This is exactly why I saved Rodrik; he was the one dealing with the Whitehill's. I'm going to miss Asher like crazy, but this

• That friendzoned guy deserves our respect xD

I think that having a king that believes in the red good is not good for the realm. Idk about Jon Snow (Ik the R + L = J Theory), he couldn't see that his own steward was ready to murder him and angry af (for real just look at Olly's face for 2 seconds and u realise that), so I don't know if he will be a good leader too.

I try to think that Dany will improve and become a better leader with time, she has great advisors and thats why I think she is capable of the task of ruling the kingdoms.

Every game/book/movie etc fanbase has these elitists ones... And I cannot hate or dislike Dany fans even if I wanted because both my mother

• Also people seems to forget that Rodrik is actually a veteran of war. He has been fighting for Robb Stark and has been leading men in battle.

I was quite shocked as I realised that I have to leave one of them behind to die. If you think too long about these possible decisions you f

• edited July 2015

Yeah I agree with you. I have a bad feeling that they will do some disgrace to his body. But one interesting thing I wanted to say is: Both of them get the same "treatment" in that fight. At the end they both just lie there on the ground. But there is a difference. Asher is probably already dead, not moving anything and his eyes are just opened. But you can see that Rodriks eyes are moving in the end. I kinda had the hope the Rodrik could have surived this, but thats just impossible. But I wondered why they made this difference at the end. Maybe they wanted to emphasize that Rodrik can survive many things (or at least longer than everyone else), just like this horse thing at the beginning of episode 1 (these wounds would have killed any other man).

Couldnt agree more with you... Even with the departing thing... Its these little things, right? Asher at least could choose his last words,

• Now that Tyrion is by her side, her chances have improved greatly. If she actually listen to him, she could become a better option for the Iron Throne. And in my opinion, no one who believes in R'hllor should lead anything... It really wouldn't be good to realm as you said, Varys said it too, once. But I was kinda hoping for Stannis siding with Davos and getting rid of Melisandre. Not only that, but I was rooting so much for Stannis to kill the Boltons xD

Jon's personality is what defines him as the best leader IMO. Unlike Robb (who I still liked), Jon is loyal to his words. And he knows when to be harsh but just, and when to be merciful. He sees the bigger picture and knows the true threat to the realm before than almost anyone. About Olly in the case of the Series, he should have seen that coming... But maybe he did not want to see... Olly was clearly angry and all, but he was only a boy, still. Jon didnt expect that Ser Allison would resort to such a low move... If Jon ever comes back, he will probably learn from this.

That friendzoned guy deserves our respect xD I think that having a king that believes in the red good is not good for the realm. Idk abou

• edited July 2015

K you may be right abou Jon, no one can expect a kid to become a murdering psycho... I liked Robb he would be a good leader but he was dumb af.

Well you definitly changed my mind about Jon, but even if he is son o Rahegar wouldn't he be a bastard? If he is he has no claim :(

Now that Tyrion is by her side, her chances have improved greatly. If she actually listen to him, she could become a better option for the I

• That's is something that sometimes gets on my nerves... I mean, look at Dany's responses in the game, for instance. Even if your Asher tell her that your family is ruined and your little brother died, she doesnt even blink. She doesnt care. Whatever answer you choose to her, she always has to have the last word. She's so bossy sometimes... Maybe Malcom will be able to soften her up a little.

The thing I dont like about the Dany-story is that she is kinda untouchable, nothing could kill her. Like Daryl in Walking Dead. These chara

• edited July 2015

Jon's personality is what defines him as the best leader IMO

I agree. But being revived by Melisandre he will probably lose some of his memories and could have a different personality. Beric is the best example, or even Lady Stoneheart. But "if" he comes back with the same personality I would be glad. After that Melisandre should go back to Stannis body and bring him back as well, maybe even some of his army. I mean if someone has earned this "lord of light treatment" then Stannis for all the sacrifices.

Now that Tyrion is by her side, her chances have improved greatly. If she actually listen to him, she could become a better option for the I

• baby on a treadmill

represses dexter flashbacks

Flog61 posted: »

Armour would not be able to withstand 1000kgs. It's like dropping a car on a suit of armour. The suit would be as fucked as a baby on a t

• edited July 2015

Wait what? Did you forget Gared got stabbed in the leg and he WALKED all the way to Ironrath and the maester fixed him up. If Rodrik can survive a horse being crushed why can't Asher survive a crossbow. Asher is stronger then Rodrik at the moment its a fact, his recovery is amazing but still he is not the man he once was.

With the limited medicine they have, it's highly likely that you would lose the leg. I dunno who told you that crossbow shots are weak. You

• You are jumping into this conversation without knowing the context. I know full well that Asher will be fine, I was using this point to counter the people saying "oh well it was impossible for Rodrik to survive what happened because it isn't realistic".

Stronger, really? Is that why they are able to take out the same amount of Whitehill soldiers before dying? It's clear that TTG is portraying them to be equal as of now.

Wait what? Did you forget Gared got stabbed in the leg and he WALKED all the way to Ironrath and the maester fixed him up. If Rodrik can sur

• The death was the same, just a model switch, but with all of what Asher been through I'd say he's stronger then Rodrik

You are jumping into this conversation without knowing the context. I know full well that Asher will be fine, I was using this point to coun

• Stannis isn't dead yet ! I'm not too much of a Jon fan but he'd make a fine king, I'll give him that. Who knows how different will Jon Reborn be.

Jon's personality is what defines him as the best leader IMO I agree. But being revived by Melisandre he will probably lose some of

• That's a nice opinion. I feel differently! ;)

The death was the same, just a model switch, but with all of what Asher been through I'd say he's stronger then Rodrik

• Iam pretty sure he is still alive as well. I knew it the second they didnt show his death. But they "want" us to think he is dead, so I will play the game. That we its easier to accept that he is dead, if he really died I mean.

_DIO_ posted: »

Stannis isn't dead yet ! I'm not too much of a Jon fan but he'd make a fine king, I'll give him that. Who knows how different will Jon Reborn be.

• I was talking about book Stan ! Show one is definitely dead tho lol

Iam pretty sure he is still alive as well. I knew it the second they didnt show his death. But they "want" us to think he is dead, so I will play the game. That we its easier to accept that he is dead, if he really died I mean.

• I feel like it makes the most sense if Rodrik dies. He had a second chance at life, serving as lord of House Forrester, fighting Gryff and winning his childhood sweetheart.

He was also at Ethan's funeral and heard of his valiant effort to save Talia. It really makes hardly any sense that he would allow Asher to sacrifice himself 5 minutes after landing in Westeros. Also, Rodrik has a much more powerful line if you leave him, as opposed to Asher saying "I know what I'm doing" like uh what?

I played Rodrik as the wounded soldier and he had an amazing recovery arc. It just made sense for Rodrik to die for Asher, especially after Duncan and Talia calling him out on being a coward/not a leader.

• Asher is like star Lord? K changing my playthrough to kill him off. GotG sucked.

• As long as we dont see the body are Brienne telling Podrick he killed him we dont know. They said the reason they havent shown how he died was that it was unnecessary in their eyes. I find that hard to believe. Either they hate Stannis that much that they want the fans to be excited for months and show his dead body in the new season or he is still alive. People said the same thing about Kenny and he came back in season 2. Even if they say he is dead: As long as I dont see the body I wont believe it.

I was talking about book Stan ! Show one is definitely dead tho lol

• Yeah but Kenny was handled by Telltale, Stannis is by D&D and they hate his character.

As long as we dont see the body are Brienne telling Podrick he killed him we dont know. They said the reason they havent shown how he died w

• That was just an example, you find that in many shows/movies/games. They even did that in GoT already with Sandor. People still believe he will return and fight against his undead brother next season. Lets wait and see, I still have hopes, I never liked him until he saved the realm from the Whitelings and promised Jon Snow to kill the Boltons and offered him to become a Stark. And then shortly after that he dies? Game of Thrones can be so cruel...

Yeah but Kenny was handled by Telltale, Stannis is by D&D and they hate his character.

• edited July 2015

Ask a doctor or someone that works with horses and they will most likely tell you that you can survive if a horse falls on you. But that he survived the journey home is bullshit.

Flog61 posted: »

It's totally impossible for Rodrik to have survived episode one without total paralyzation (war horses weigh 1000kg - it wouldn't break some

• That Asher would be a better warrior has no basis at all Rodrik was feared by the Lannister soldiers and led men into battle something Asher has never done as far as we know. But it does not matter who you chose and it is stupid to say that one of the brothers is better than the other it is only about who you like the most. And i chose Rodrik because he is my favorite character.

• Like telltale forgot about Gryff's injuries

Poogers555 posted: »

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... We dont talk about those injures, just, forget about them...shhhhh

• The Targaryens have a history of being polygamous. If R+L=J is true, then most probably they got married, thus making Jon a rightful heir and giving him a better claim than Daenerys. Not against Young Griff though, provided he really is Aegon. Anyway, Ned Stark's squire at the time and Jojen's father, Howland Reed, is someone who knows the truth. So we gotta wait for the next book to be finished to see if that really happened...

And about Robb... He was dumb af, unfortunally, and deserved to die. But not only because of that, but he did not have the same honor as Ned. Not that Robb was a bad person, or that he broke his word frequently. Ned Stark is probably even dumber than him. However, Ned was totally consistent in his words and duty. Probably that's what kept him alive for so long. Robb was not only dumb, he broke a very important promise during a very important time. He chose feelings over his duty and word during war, and also sentenced to death some of his allies in the middle of it...

K you may be right abou Jon, no one can expect a kid to become a murdering psycho... I liked Robb he would be a good leader but he was dumb

Sign in to comment in this discussion.