The Biggest Plot Hole...

edited July 2015 in Game Of Thrones

This has irked me since I first heard about this game and its premise. If the Forresters are are a noble house and located near Deepwood Motte and Winterfell Alt text and OWN the largest ironwood forest in Westeros and have a giant castle (which we never get to see fully, but judging by the intro) (You can watch it here), it seems like the Starks would definitely know them, if not every highborn in Westeros. Yet they only have ONE line in all of ASOIAF, and they're mentioned along with 4 others or so. If the game is meant to be canon, it would be sensible for characters we talk to ingame that aren't Forresters to be more inquisitive about who the Forresters are, yet Cersei seems to be already familiar with the Forresters. It truly seems like TT picked "Obscure house #245" and overblew their power.

Comments

• "Overblew their power"

Have you played the game?

• i thinkits a good choice.

• Yep, all 5 episodes. Lady Forrester specifically says the Forresters were "once a powerful house" before the Red Wedding.

DillonDex posted: »

"Overblew their power" Have you played the game?

• I respect that, but IMO it's odd.

i thinkits a good choice.

• He meant their standing. For example House Forrester was never meant to lead Robb's vanguard in any dimension that I know of. House Glover did lead the vanguard in the whispering wood IIRC and the Forresters are sworn to them but even then it isn't the same thing at all

Doesn't bother me at all though

DillonDex posted: »

"Overblew their power" Have you played the game?

• Personally it doesn't bother me that the Forrester were buffed up for the game. Rather that than controlling some rednecks from the mountains...

• Oh, gotcha.

_DIO_ posted: »

He meant their standing. For example House Forrester was never meant to lead Robb's vanguard in any dimension that I know of. House Glover

• The show doesn't mention a lot of somewhat notable houses so I have no issue with them slipping in another notable house since it's set in the show universe where lots exist but are rarely or never mentioned.

If this was set in the books I'd be bothered because the Forresters are just a forest clan.

• LOL! And yeah, I don't mind playing as them, it just irks me.

_DIO_ posted: »

Personally it doesn't bother me that the Forrester were buffed up for the game. Rather that than controlling some rednecks from the mountains...

• The biggest plot hole is Arthurs stomach.

• She means powerful than the whitehills and all.

transfo47 posted: »

Yep, all 5 episodes. Lady Forrester specifically says the Forresters were "once a powerful house" before the Red Wedding.

• ya, the northern houses are naturally martial so House Forrestor definately values some war training but they specifically seem more merchantile and craftsmeny than fighters

Sai Madadi posted: »

She means powerful than the whitehills and all.

• edited July 2015

If you want some more food for thought, check out Highpoint location. It's quite surprising that they're vassals to the Boltons while they're so much closer to Winterfell than the Dreadfort

transfo47 posted: »

LOL! And yeah, I don't mind playing as them, it just irks me.

• To soon, you jackass! T.T

Anfarwol posted: »

The biggest plot hole is Arthurs stomach.

• AnfarwolAnfarwol Banned
    edited July 2015

(>:O)

Gorvar posted: »

To soon, you jackass! T.T

Sign in to comment in this discussion.