How little do they care?

1. No matter what you pick, Tyrion will figure out what you are there for.
  2. Finn will always die
  3. The Traitor's reasoning is idiotic, especially when it is a a character such as Royland who spent the game getting beat up by Whitehills
  4. Bloodsong choice meant anything?
  5. Ramsay has so much plot armor that if you do anything against him the game beats you down 10x over
  6. Sparing the traitor means nothing, the information is worth nothing and you can't even kill them afterwards

And thats just in this episode, even if Telltale read the forums they clearly don't care in the slightest, you'd think with all the money made from all this that they would actually...oh I don't know...make actual choice games have choices that mean more than if my pet robot has a f*cking tuxedo (a choice which means more than any choice in EP5 of GOT)

Comments

• Finn might stay in Castle Black, so I'm assuming he is still alive if he's there.

Bloodsong migh come in handy in episode 6.

Tyrion figures it out because Telltale wants us to see that Mira is still new to how they do things in King's Landing, she hasn't done things like this before and she doens't know how to lie or twist your words.

• No matter what you pick, Tyrion will figure out what you are there for.

Mira's arc fades more and more into the realm of irrelevance and obscurity. Telltale didn't even give thought to her in A Nest of Vipers. If Telltale doesn't care about her then why should I?

Finn will always die

Telltale shows once again that they can't seem to make determinant characters have any significance. The squire in the first episode now this.... Lazy

Traitor's reasoning is idiotic, especially when it is a a character such as Royland who spent the game getting beat up by Whitehills

Also how they were written out of the story is beyond stupid. They could have had a beheading for treason as Stark bannerman often do but nope. Quick stab and everyone in the room is like "WELLP THAT JUST HAPPENED"

Bloodsong choice meant nothing

I don't care about fake Oberyn.

Ramsay has so much plot armor

At first I thought all the threads about this was annoying but now I see why and I can agree. They gave us an option to kill a character we already know is canon just to throw in a major choice as quick as they can

Sparing the traitor means nothing

A- motherfuckin'-greed

• These are just guesses though, the chances of these amounting to anything if you know Telltale's history is slim.

FetchWalker posted: »

Finn might stay in Castle Black, so I'm assuming he is still alive if he's there. Bloodsong migh come in handy in episode 6. Tyrion fi

• edited July 2015

Only confirms that she doesn't know what the hell is going on and what she is supposed to do. I don't think she has ever been a "bird" to somebody and she has ever got information of someone by lying. She hasn't faced those things so I don't think her risking everything for her family is going to turn out ok. Cersei knows she has been to Tyrions chambers, so she knows about the decree. So if she hasn't burned it....let's say that Cersei always gets what she wants.

• edited July 2015

Well yeah but I don't want to be a pessimist. I know there are many things that I/we don't like how Telltale managed but I still enjoy the game as much as any other and I am 100% sure that they will make an awesome episode 6 with or without our choices mattering.

These are just guesses though, the chances of these amounting to anything if you know Telltale's history is slim.

• edited July 2015

i agree with all this. and its actually more stupid if duncan was your traitor. it actually made me furious. i would've accepted the traitor issue if they had better reasons.. i felt stupid. telltale didnt care about my investment in those characters, they made me feel like a stupid person for even playing this episode or even caring at all. the only salvation this episode had was the ending.. i was disappointed.

• Also how they were written out of the story is beyond stupid. They could have had a beheading for treason as Stark bannerman often do but nope. Quick stab and everyone in the room is like "WELLP THAT JUST HAPPENED"

Yeah, I wish they had done it the Northern way... Imagine Rodrik saying "fetch me a block, Royland/Duncan." =(

Clemenem posted: »

No matter what you pick, Tyrion will figure out what you are there for. Mira's arc fades more and more into the realm of irrelevance

• But if choices don't matter, why bother playing the episodes instead of watching them on youtube, why bother paying for them?

Well yeah but I don't want to be a pessimist. I know there are many things that I/we don't like how Telltale managed but I still enjoy the g

• Telltale is making sure the game and the show are as much similar as they can. You get to like a character and he dies. You get to hate a character, he lives then end up liking him and he dies. That's Game of Thrones for you. It's a rollercoaster of emotions, excited, angry, happy, dissapointed, sad...

Mercyva posted: »

i agree with all this. and its actually more stupid if duncan was your traitor. it actually made me furious. i would've accepted the traitor

• I think you just described how the game series as a whole has made me feel as a fan.

Telltale is making sure the game and the show are as much similar as they can. You get to like a character and he dies. You get to hate a ch

• edited July 2015

Because of the emotion. This is more like a tv show but you get to control what the character says or does. You can't change the main story. You can just give it a little bit of yourself. In the end of episode 5 what was your reaction, you didn't gave a shit or you really got saddened. If you enjoy the game what it is I don't really see the point of continuing this conversation. If you don't like it and you don't feel anything while playing well then stop playing it. Nobody is forcing you to give your money for it. That's just my opinion, don't make an elephant out of a fly. :D

But if choices don't matter, why bother playing the episodes instead of watching them on youtube, why bother paying for them?

• edited July 2015

i think its a sin to compare GRRM writing to the game. yes, i like all the forresters, but EP5 was a huge disappointment. how finn dies, how the traitor issue being dealt with, how mira's POV was pointless, tbh the ending saved this episode for me. and that my own opinion i'm not forcing this on you or anyone if you like it.

It's a rollercoaster of emotions, excited, angry, happy, dissapointed, sad...

For This Game, i agree. they did achieve all those emotion's, but for the wrong reasons. YES, i felt sad, but it was a disappointing one. YES, i felt angry but it was out of disappointment. etc..

i dont want to argue about this, its all down to personal preference, as someone who read the books, watched the TV show and now playing this game which is a canon one since they licensed it from HBO, i got to say that its the weakest. out of all telltale games i've played, tis also have been the most disappointing one. AGAIN, its all down to personal preference. if you love the game? its awesome. i used to, to tell you the truth, up untill this episode.. i'm still waiting on ep6, but i wont expect anything from it. if it comes out? i'll play it. cool :)

Telltale is making sure the game and the show are as much similar as they can. You get to like a character and he dies. You get to hate a ch

• It's one thing to criticize but saying they don't care in the slightest, calling them lazy, greedy, etc is disrespectful. I'm not just talking about this thread, I've seen people calling them lazy everywhere. I admire these people the amount of effort they put in. So yeah, sometimes it doesn't turn out that great, sometimes they make mistakes, sometimes maybe they rush things. The traitor reveal made me furious as well because it could've been handled better. But keeping in mind the time, money and effort it takes, I think they deliver. And just the fact that they interact with their fans on here definitely proves that they care. But they can't please all the time, and they for sure can't please everybody. No matter what they do, there will always be fans who won't like it. This is a game that has made me care for the characters, invested me in the storyline, made me happy, made me cry, and I think that counts for more than "will my choices ever matter?" It's the experience for me. I do see where you're coming from, I just think we should keep in mind how much effort they actually put in and that it can't always be a great experience for everybody.

• edited July 2015

I understand that in video games, especially GOT, people die, but when they're so idiotic and forced BS like this is fucking annoying. And every franchise that i have played by TTG has had this problem.

I don't know who has less development, the characters in the story or the people making the actual story.

TTG i truly hope you guys fix these issues, you guys are my favorites and i wish you all good luck.

EDIT: TTG true meaning is Troll The Gamers.

• If they were so hard-working they'd make each game really good instead of cramming the new game they announce each week down my throat, if we couple everything they are making right now: GOT, Tales from the Borderlands, Michonne DLC for Walking Dead, Minecraft, Some Marvel game and finally some game for Lionsgate... 6 Projects for a company which barely could handle one new episode every 2 months. The corners keep getting cut harder and harder and it's clear to everyone willing to look critically.

sabinas posted: »

It's one thing to criticize but saying they don't care in the slightest, calling them lazy, greedy, etc is disrespectful. I'm not just talki

• Of course they care I've seen a few staff members on the forums, regularly communicating with fans. I may be in the minority with this opinion but I actually really liked Episode 5, although I was disappointed with the length but that's a minor issue.

• I agree the length is a minor issue, but when it occurs with almost every episode, it becomes a big issue IMO.

AgentZ46 posted: »

Of course they care I've seen a few staff members on the forums, regularly communicating with fans. I may be in the minority with this opini

• I completely agree Mercyva. With the part about the Traitor especially. I'm beyond pissed that it's even determinant, it should have been one Traitor for everyone, with a REAL reason to defect.

I watched a let's play after my first game, and realized that if you don't pick Duncan - he's the traitor. And i just sat there going 'what?!!, but why?! After everything The Forresters did for his family? After everything HE did to Gared? Really? As Fucking if!' I just can't buy it, the logic behind that one decision makes me question the whole flipping game. And that makes me question whether i'll buy the second season. I'm super pissed about it, and it didn't even happen in my play-through.

Really, it just makes me sad though. I LOVE the books, GRRM is a genius, and i had high hopes for both the show and the game. But it seems like all of these variations of his story are just getting worse and worse for me as time goes on, while the books get better (when we get them).

Mercyva posted: »

i think its a sin to compare GRRM writing to the game. yes, i like all the forresters, but EP5 was a huge disappointment. how finn dies, how

• The past Episodes were about two hours long weren't they?

I agree the length is a minor issue, but when it occurs with almost every episode, it becomes a big issue IMO.

• Idk, never got to play 4 or 5 because the game is broken. i still watched gameplay though.

But i think they're around 1 hour 20 minutes - 1 hour 45 minutes usually. That's fine if what i do in the episode mattered for the next one but that wasn't the case and hasn't been for a long time. You can probably skip every single episode for every one of their games up until the finale and it would not matter at all.

AgentZ46 posted: »

The past Episodes were about two hours long weren't they?

• i agree with you, however if you lie to Tyrion then he does give you advise on what to do next.

• edited July 2015

i think this game was the weakest one. of course the books then the tv show. plus out of all the places to make our decision matter, that was not it. thankfully i got royland as a traitor which made me less mad, but if it was duncan, i dont understand. plus i would have accepted all that issue if they had presented a good/logical reason! because we al know that in GOT everything is possible, but they at least have a good reason to do what they do. GRRM knows this. thats why no one complains about how he handles his characters. i think in this episode telltale failed to do so, if they just had given a more logical reason for either the traitors would have been fine to me. but they didnt.. oh well. just the post said, they didnt care, why should i?

Arya_Stupid posted: »

I completely agree Mercyva. With the part about the Traitor especially. I'm beyond pissed that it's even determinant, it should have been on

Sign in to comment in this discussion.