Why i'm so disappointed with this series.

edited July 2015 in Game Of Thrones

First of all,
I know you are all crazy-ass fans about Telltale games. So am I. But so far in 5 episodes i'm more disappointed than happy playing it. So just hear me out.
Here are some of my problems.
I hope we can create nice discussion.
EDIT// I apologize for the format (everything being 1.). I'm newbie. Fixed

• Length of the Episodes.

Lets be all honest here you can't be thinking that its enough. For the canon, For the story itself. I don't really want major decisions i just want them talking. Interesting discussions, chats talking about events. (Even that seems to be hard to do for Telltale sometimes). After one or two decision i will be waiting 1 month. I mean make me love the characters. Naturally, not as you are trying to. through the main plot and giving obvious 'Bad guy' against you. Its never like that in Game of Thrones. We all know its more like gray.

• Decisions

I mean we all know it will never change. Right now its more like CoD type of game. Where they just repeating sins for easy profit. I'm used to decisions not changing much what i'm not used to is to be that obvious.
a) Episode no.1 Ethans dies. I mean this was a shock. I tried to repeat the episode 6x to save him was disappointed first but after that i was sad. There was not even difference between all those. I guess there could be slight difference.
b) Episode no.5 I can't be only one. The Sophie's choice was complete bull. I know it's GoT. I know people dies quite often. What i F*ckin hate is how they died. After having a chance for major plot and expand story make them feel like a brothers make the decision harder. Telltale made it so artificial that i'm sad i can't use my refund on the steam. I mean really? I don't mind them dying. But like that? +BEAST? wow. After seeing each other for one knows how many years the die in matter of minutes.

• Discussions, logic, intelligence.

I have spoke little bit about this. But i will bring this once more with a little example.
I don't believe that Mira Forrester is dumb atlest not like that. When she was with holding cell with Tyrion there was a choice Tell the truth or Lie. I mean she could nod with her head. Give him some signal. neither of them is hodor.

• Graphics, Soundtrack, Environment

This is my personal one, i got used to it eventually. But i will still mention it here.
Graphics- I love the comics style, but i feel like there could be done a lot more to it.
Soundtrack-again i know this is not High budget GoT series on HBO but i have missed epicness of the music sometimes.
Environment- This goes hand to hand with graphics. Not really sure how exactly describe it. Its just my personal one.

• I miss the...

Ryon. I wish he was playable character. So we could see the Whitehills side of things. But thats really not what is Telltale here aiming for are they? If the bad guy wasn't that bad at the end it could be a plot hole.

What i want to say is i love the other series Wolf among Us, The Walking Dead. But i was expecting that you will put things on higher level this time.
Ps. I apologize for all mistakes in the text.

Comments

• Yeah I get you. The only reasons I've continued playing is I paid for it and I want to kill Gryff.

• Only reason I play this is because it's Game of Thrones and it has enough good moments to keep me somewhat interested - And the only reason I play TFTB is because it's genuinely enjoyable and funny even if I'm not interested at Borderlands franchise.

• I disagree. I've enjoyed the series thus and am determined to continue playing as I've stuck by it since the first episode. A Nest of Vipers is the only one I can say I'm completely disappointed with. I do agree with you on playing as Ryon so long as they didn't over power him cough Clementine cough and it would be nice to get an inside perspective of High Point and The Whitehills side of the story

• Game of Thrones is my favorite Telltale game so far. I love it more than The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us.

• The Sophie's choice was complete bull.

What?

• I actually enjoy the music a lot in this game. My favorite stuff is Talia's song at the funeral and the song that plays at the end of episode 3.

• edited July 2015

I think he meant that Sophies choice was "Ok you're here.. Ready to find the NG? TOO BAD! Not doing it..."

The Sophie's choice was complete bull. What?

•  Talia's song at the funeral

I cried like a bitch :'(

DoubleJump posted: »

I actually enjoy the music a lot in this game. My favorite stuff is Talia's song at the funeral and the song that plays at the end of episode 3.

• Reference to a movie where a mother has to choose if her son or daughter dies.

The Sophie's choice was complete bull. What?

• I love this game! Game of Thrones is easily my favourite Telltale series so far.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.